Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #57
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
the mustang mega thread is still lame
Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #58

Drives: 2011 5.0L GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
It's a Camaro fansite. What part of that do you guys not get?

And shouldn't it be the majority? Would you like going to a Challenger fansite and getting trolled for driving a Challenger, and told your car sucks? Would you like it if the majority of the posts were like that, and then I popped up over there and told you "Stop being such a whiner. All my friends are here"?

Lol, do you guys have no comprehensive abilities at all?
What is your point? Can you honestly say you have never, ever seen specific car forums with members owning a range of different vehicles?

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again. I enjoy this site because I love all American Muscle Cars. And yes I'm a member at a few Mustang Forums. But seriously, don't you get tired of the same "our cars are the greatest!" BS? I for one love hearing unbiased opinions from drivers of the COMPETITION.. Who better to give it to you straight than the folks driving the rival car.. Brand loyalty is great, but it's when you get guys talking out of their butts and spewing nothing but nutt huggin opinions instead of contructive criticism just because they drive X brand car that totally ruins a great discussion.. I love that we have guys here that drive Chargers and Challengers. Mustangs and Maros. Vettes and Shelbys.. THAT'S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS SITE.. Is that really so hard to comprehend?

28 " Buy a hybrid, I need your gas.."
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #59
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Just give these oval guys their own forum (section) and be done with it.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #60
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
sigh.... its a camaro forum the forums are run how they want to run it. Unfortunately this is a situation where a group of trolls ruined it for the rest of the legitimate members. NUFF SAID
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
This is a situation where a group of trolls ruined it for the rest of the legitimate members. NUFF SAID
Unfortunately, I'd say you hit the nail square on the head with this post. It's what started the mega thread, and what sustains it.

I'd like to point out that we are not so 'sensitive' to talking about competing cars that we want to squelch all conversation about it. Quite the opposite...we invited Mustangs, Challengers, and Corvettes, and any other driver who wanted to come to our first annual Camaro5Fest. We created a VERSUS section, an other cars/off topic section, and we (the moderators) personally enjoy some friendly competition and ribbing.

What's been happening on this site, lately, however...is above and beyond what is acceptable. Our answer, was to pull all the incessant Mustang threads into one. To clean up our CAMARO site. Unfortunately...that meant some of the well-meaning threads and posters got shoved in there as well. A case of the few ruining it all. We regret it, but stand by the decision.

The versus section, and the other cars/automotive section are for Camaro enthusiasts wishing to discuss other cars. Not xxxxxxx car enthusiasts wishing to talk about their stuff on our site. There IS a difference...and its this difference that defines the line we're trying to uphold to better serve 99% of the population of this site.

EDIT:
Here's a test for some of you that take offense at what I've said:

Do you get irritated when you read many repetitive passionate, positive posts about the Camaro?
If the answer is yes -- you probably don't belong here.

Do you feel the need to correct how 'not' awesome our Camaro is when we mistype or ignore the 'facts'?

Do you have zero or next-to-zero interest/passion for the Camaro?
If the answer is 'yes', then you probably don't belong here.

I'm the LAST person to turn someone away from Camaro5.com. We've worked too hard and love this place too much to not want to share it with others. It's our home. And when some people enter your home and insult your furniture, your kids, your walls -- you show them the door....
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #62
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Unfortunately, I'd say you hit the nail square on the head with this post. It's what started the mega thread, and what sustains it.

I'd like to point out that we are not so 'sensitive' to talking about competing cars that we want to squelch all conversation about it. Quite the opposite...we invited Mustangs, Challengers, and Corvettes, and any other driver who wanted to come to our first annual Camaro5Fest. We created a VERSUS section, an other cars/off topic section, and we (the moderators) personally enjoy some friendly competition and ribbing.

What's been happening on this site, lately, however...is above and beyond what is acceptable. Our answer, was to pull all the incessant Mustang threads into one. To clean up our CAMARO site. Unfortunately...that meant some of the well-meaning threads and posters got shoved in there as well. A case of the few ruining it all. We regret it, but stand by the decision.

The versus section, and the other cars/automotive section are for Camaro enthusiasts wishing to discuss other cars. Not xxxxxxx car enthusiasts wishing to talk about their stuff on our site. There IS a difference...and its this difference that defines the line we're trying to uphold to better serve 99% of the population of this site.

EDIT:

Do you get irritated when you read many repetitive passionate, positive posts about the Camaro?

Do you feel the need to correct how 'not' awesome our Camaro is when we mistype or ignore the 'facts'?

I'm the LAST person to turn someone away from Camaro5.com. We've worked too hard and love this place too much to not want to share it with others. It's our home. And when some people enter your home and insult your furniture, your kids, your walls -- you show them the door....

THAT hit the nail on the head...and why this is such a successful site and membership.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #63
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Thanks, and to you as well.

I guess I didn't see it as an insult to every other car so much as stating his preference for the Camaro. "eat you freakin hearts out. " doesn't seem that combative to me, especially given the context of this website (sorry if I get repetitive with that, but I find I have to keep reminding people this is Camaro5.com and not a generic car site like Motor Trend).

He sure got flamed to hell and back though.

At about the same time, someone made a thread about the Boss 302 Mustang and it was basically one huge thread of politeness and compliments (sans a few snide remarks along the lines of "watch out for the Camaro trolls") about the car. Before it was merged, anyway.

To me that's a pretty accruate picture of the way the different enthusiasts treat each other in those areas lately.

That's my point. That thread should have never been merged into the mega thread. It could have been a good discussion, as long as the trolling was kept at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I think it's quite the opposite.
Would you like me to delete the mega thread and see whose post counts drop dramatically? I'd be willing to bet it would be some of the same people responding to this thread. Most of them here just to talk about the mustang.
You don't see a problem with that?
No, I don't. I think you should delete the mega thread. Then let it play out. The post counts that drop dramatically are your choice. I'm fine with that. I think there can be good dialog between Mustang and Camaro owners, and car enthusiasts in general. There's a lot of car guys and girls here that would love to have a good debate. That's one of the things I like the most about this forum. You just have to tune down the volume of the people whose single minded purpose is to stir it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28. View Post
What is your point? Can you honestly say you have never, ever seen specific car forums with members owning a range of different vehicles?

I've said it b4 and I'll say it again. I enjoy this site because I love all American Muscle Cars. And yes I'm a member at a few Mustang Forums. But seriously, don't you get tired of the same "our cars are the greatest!" BS? I for one love hearing unbiased opinions from drivers of the COMPETITION.. Who better to give it to you straight than the folks driving the rival car.. Brand loyalty is great, but it's when you get guys talking out of their butts and spewing nothing but nutt huggin opinions instead of contructive criticism just because they drive X brand car that totally ruins a great discussion.. I love that we have guys here that drive Chargers and Challengers. Mustangs and Maros. Vettes and Shelbys.. THAT'S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS SITE.. Is that really so hard to comprehend?
That's what I love about this site too.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #64
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I understand the mega thread and respect the decision.

But to the outsider it looks like massive insecurity.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #65
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

EDIT:

I'm not offended, but I'll take your test.

1. No. I don't take offense to anyone making positive comments about their car, no matter the make. I only take offense when they make it personal, and attack my choice, what ever that may be. Then I fight back.

2. If I understand your question, then I probably don't belong here. I can't enter a discussion that's full of misinformation and lies. What's the point? There's nothing to learn. How "awesome" a car is, is kind of hard to quantify. Maybe I don't understand the question.

3. Definatley no. I have a lot of interest in the Camaro. I wouldn't be here if i didn't. I think it's an excellent car, that's just a few details from being perfect. I wouldn't waste my time here if I thought otherwise. I just want to see it get even better.

So I'm not sure if I passed your test. But I'll stick around if you'll have me.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #66

Quote:
Everyone one I've seen has been nothing but rabid fanboys talking past each other and turning every thread into a competition about who can be more blatantly offensive. They're way more embarassing than this forum.

Early last year there were very few Camaro haters on these forums yet, and the quality of the content in the other cars and Camaro vs. sections were about 100 times better than the drivel that most of the threads there get reduced to now. Or are you proud of the Camaro vs. section of this forum now? I think it's crap now, and you seem to be fighting for it to stay crappy.

There's a multitude of different car owners here too, who also happen to be Camaro enthusiasts. Anybody can be an enthusiast. Enthusiasts aren't the problem, trolls are. You'll continue to be dissappointed with the mods until you realize that.

Get real. Most of the Mustang posters who post here are way more willfully ignorant than any of our members. But prove me wrong, see if you can get one of them to write up an honest post about an independent rear suspension, and it's benefits. If that's too hard, pick any other common car component (sunroof, or whatever) that isn't available on this year's Mustang. I've been trying for weeks now; nothing. "Solid rear axle, it's not that bad on a clean track" and "solid rear axles, they're better at the quarter mile" are about the only responses I've gotten. So much for the "car enthusiast" reasoning.

It's all opinions and therein lies the problem. Sometimes folks take an opinion as a personal attack. Why is that. You like the IRS on your car and you have YOUR reasons. And really thats all that matters. Folks need to leave the bench racing at home. Good axample is the new
vid out by MotorTrend of the 5.0 running against the M3.. A lot of folks(not all), instead of giving props, began to like usual call out the Mustangs faults ala SRA and what not eventhough the results were there for everyone to see.....

Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #67
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Just give these oval guys their own forum (section) and be done with it.
No:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I understand the mega thread and respect the decision.

But to the outsider it looks like massive insecurity.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #68
Donked
Cadillac Pimpin' son...

Drives: '92 Aqua Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28. View Post
[/COLOR]

It's all opinions and therein lies the problem. Sometimes folks take an opinion as a personal attack. Why is that. You like the IRS on your car and you have YOUR reasons. And really thats all that matters. Folks need to leave the bench racing at home. Good axample is the new
vid out by MotorTrend of the 5.0 running against the M3.. A lot of folks(not all), instead of giving props, began to like usual call out the Mustangs faults ala SRA and what not eventhough the results were there for everyone to see.....

There's bashing on both sides. Then again, another problem, is that there were about 5 threads on that 5.0/m3 video. They were merged one after another, but you think people would get the point after the first one or two...The bad apples continue to be morons and post what they want without even thinking. There's two sides to every story.

I like reading about all types of cars, but it just seems that because the mustang is the main rival that most people that are here for "other cars" are here for the mustang. That means that if the same percentage of people make new duplicate threads or take part in arguing, it's much more obvious. If you have one troll in the challenger crowd of say 5 people, and 5 trolls in the mustang crowd of say 25 people, it's viewed as 5 times as many mustang trolls. Hence the problem is bigger, but all the mods see are 5 trolls. Because there's so many trolls they have to deal with, I'm guessing they corral them by limited the area that the trolls go because there's one big consildated thread. According to the mods, the trolls don't venture out into camaro land and only stick to the mustang threads.

They should assign one mod to just take out trolls left and right, so then we could have decent multiple topics about the mustang and we could go back to the way it was before all this bickering/squabbling happened
Old 08-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donked View Post

There's bashing on both sides. Then again, another problem, is that there were about 5 threads on that 5.0/m3 video. They were merged one after another, but you think people would get the point after the first one or two...The bad apples continue to be morons and post what they want without even thinking. There's two sides to every story.

I like reading about all types of cars, but it just seems that because the mustang is the main rival that most people that are here for "other cars" are here for the mustang. That means that if the same percentage of people make new duplicate threads or take part in arguing, it's much more obvious. If you have one troll in the challenger crowd of say 5 people, and 5 trolls in the mustang crowd of say 25 people, it's viewed as 5 times as many mustang trolls. Hence the problem is bigger, but all the mods see are 5 trolls. Because there's so many trolls they have to deal with, I'm guessing they corral them by limited the area that the trolls go because there's one big consildated thread. According to the mods, the trolls don't venture out into camaro land and only stick to the mustang threads.

They should assign one mod to just take out trolls left and right, so then we could have decent multiple topics about the mustang and we could go back to the way it was before all this bickering/squabbling happened

Agreed..

Old 08-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #70
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
IF ......... I were to ever join another car site, and I can't imagine why I would want to, but I can see an enthusiast of cars in general doing it, I couldn't see myself spending a lot of time defending myself on that other car site because I thought I were being sensored or picked on. I'd just leave.

Joe, great post.

You may just be a bit more objective than me on this one.