Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #1177
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlypullin View Post
A properly driven M6 can out run an A8 camaro.
On 10r80 lifestyle videos you can see how the 1le keeps up better during higher speed rolls. On the last video you can see the 1le starting to gain on the mustang on higher speeds but they run out of space.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that the 18' 5.0s are fast cars.
I think I can speak for others when I say no one is disputing that they are fast cars. Any car that can do low 12s and dip into the 11s stock is fast. The question is.. are they faster than the Camaro under the same conditions (without throwing mods into the mix)?
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #1178
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320' View Post
Did you see where TorqueAddict is now introducing a new way of discrediting things they don't like?

If you don't have the exact same mods, and I do mean the EXACT SAME (IE same brand headers, etc)..then you can't compare cars.
Lol, looks like I'm getting famous on the 'other' forum. First off, I'm not introducing anything, simply stating an opinion. Second, what's so horrible about wanting to see a stock vs stock comparison?
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #1179
slowlypullin

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I have no problem accepting anything

The m6 cars aren’t even in the same league as the a8. Look at the fast list. Trap speedwill show you a roll race result in most cases. In the proper gear they put down within 10 hp of the m6 and have a massive gearing and shift speed advantage. It’s not even an argument at this point the data clearly shows a large disparity in both et and trap speed

The only a8 he races on that channel does very well. And it has a stock unported manifold. Not all a8 tuning is created equal either

The m6 is done after 145 anyway. You have to go into 5th gear your gearing is done
You base your opinion on quarter mile times and trap speed. I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen.
The a8 is also done after 5th gear that's why stock vs stock 2018 mustang slowly pull on a8 SS once they hit 5th.

It seems like you do have a problem accepting the fact new 5.0s are as fast or faster than the camaro. GM needs to update the LT1 with port injection to get it back on top.
slowlypullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #1180
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The lane was reading low mph that night. It’s all in the thread. I ran 10.8@125.5 the other lane same night. My car traps 125-126 almost every pass now.

Same track same day I have 5-6 mph on m6. It’s not even close

I see one car at 122 with a terrible 1.88 60. And that’s one car. I just trapped 126.5 with a 1.61 in positive da last time out. Regardless I have same track same day experience. It’s not even close

Look at the channel of that grey ss he races. He’s got a track vid. It traps 119-120 with the same mods as me

My car was trapping 118.5....nearly as much as the modded m6 cars... when I was stock tuning with drag pack
well there are two 122+mph M6 cars with only exhaust/e85/Dr's. you trap 4mph more with a ported MSD intake,ported TB and skinnies you have taken weight out where it matters most(M&H DR's) and you probably have far more work in your tune. Having only those M6 cars as reference I just dont see the A8 advantage in mph.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #1181
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
You base your opinion on quarter mile times and trap speed. I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen.
The a8 is also done after 5th gear that's why stock vs stock 2018 mustang slowly pull on a8 SS once they hit 5th.

It seems like you do have a problem accepting the fact new 5.0s are as fast or faster than the camaro. GM needs to update the LT1 with port injection to get it back on top.
how is PI gonna make the car faster?
Old 06-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #1182
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Also Troy, we are comparing those M6 cars to your car which traps above average for sure...there are plenty of A8 cars with more mods on the fast list that trap slower than those M6 cars.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #1183
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:

Did I just dream this up? No it’s what I’ve seen at the track. He is a member here actually. Maybe he will chime in. I’m basing it off experience from what I’ve seen and plenty of data. It’s also pretty obvious looking at the gearing

Nope I have no issues accepting anything. They are just as fast or faster.

Just adding port injection will do nothing for performance
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #1184
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Also Troy, we are comparing those M6 cars to your car which traps above average for sure...there are plenty of A8 cars with more mods on the fast list that trap slower than those M6 cars.
Fair enough.

From what I’ve seen when they are stock the trap speeds are near identical. If you can drive the hell out of the m6. When the a8 is properly modded/tuned (torque tables, torque management, shift rpm, no throttle closure) the gap grows. For some reason the tuning in the m6 cars is still a struggle. Like I said before tuning out all the TM and throttle closure is difficult
Old 06-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #1185
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

I'l be getting back out to the track soon and I look forward to seeing the 6th gen cars battle it out first hand and you may be proven right, but I have to see for myself.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #1186
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Lol, looks like I'm getting famous on the 'other' forum. First off, I'm not introducing anything, simply stating an opinion. Second, what's so horrible about wanting to see a stock vs stock comparison?
There's nothing inherently wrong with a stock v stock showing. Especially if you're an undecided buyer.

But where such a comparison becomes "useless" is when you're at a track, strip, or lined up at a stoplight. We enthusiasts mod and compare our car to the one next to us. We don't race magazines, we race cars, our (modded) cars.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #1187
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
There's nothing inherently wrong with a stock v stock showing. Especially if you're an undecided buyer.

But where such a comparison becomes "useless" is when you're at a track, strip, or lined up at a stoplight. We enthusiasts mod and compare our car to the one next to us. We don't race magazines, we race cars, our (modded) cars.
What percentage of buyers modify their cars? I’d guess a minority.

I’ve enjoyed daily driving my stock, low 12 second SS with full warranty since 2016. No shity characteristics or problems that always seem to follow modifications. If I felt the need for more...ZL1 would do.

Furthermore. Once you’ve modified, saying one brand is faster than the other with similar mods seems pointless. Isn’t it merely a matter of what you can afford and live with at that point?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #1188
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

me personally, I just get bored of and lose that personal connection to my car if I dont work on it to personalize it and make it more "fun" to drive.

there is nothing wrong with staying stock and enjoying it with the peace of mind of a warranty, I'm just willing to except the slight risk that something major may go wrong and i will have to come out of pocket for it. For me the satisfaction I get making the car my own far outweighs the risk.

I will say that as i've gotten older it hurts alot more to climb under the car and I get frustrated alot more easily ,but I still cannot see a time when I will be happy buying a car and not making changes,but at some point I may start paying someone younger to turn the wrenches.

warranties to me are just there to make people feel safe about buying a piece of shit.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #1189
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
me personally, I just get bored of and lose that personal connection to my car if I dont work on it to personalize it and make it more "fun" to drive.

there is nothing wrong with staying stock and enjoying it with the peace of mind of a warranty, I'm just willing to except the slight risk that something major may go wrong and i will have to come out of pocket for it. For me the satisfaction I get making the car my own far outweighs the risk.

I will say that as i've gotten older it hurts alot more to climb under the car and I get frustrated alot more easily ,but I still cannot see a time when I will be happy buying a car and not making changes,but at some point I may start paying someone younger to turn the wrenches.

warranties to me are just there to make people feel safe about buying a piece of shit.
Pretty much exactly how I feel. Except fir the wrenching thing still don’t bother me I’m in my early 30s

I wish I could buy stuff and leave it alone my bank account would look a lot better
Old 06-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #1190
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

I buy my cars to drive. Not sit in the corner under a cover. I connect with them by driving the. and doing all my own maintenance. Clutch, brakes, oil change, tire rotation, flushes, etc.

The gen6 stock performance is finally at a level where I’m satisfied as it came from Chevy. The gains from modifying it isn’t worth the potential grief. I wouldn’t have said that about a gen5.

Modifying a car to close the gap is compensating for having bought a piece of shit. The Mustang (when properly optioned) has finally caught up.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote