Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-03-2018, 02:03 AM   #1163
slowlypullin

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Want to see some real world examples. Check out "10r80 lifestyle" on youtube.
slowlypullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 AM   #1164
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlypullin View Post
Want to see some real world examples. Check out "10r80 lifestyle" on youtube.
That guy's not stock. Can't even compare mod for mod unless they're exactly the same parts. Different headers, tunes etc. Good runs, but to me, doesn't mean anything. In these types of scenarios, it can go either way depending on who has what mods. I'm interested in stock vs stock.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #1165
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
That guy's not stock. Can't even compare mod for mod unless they're exactly the same parts. Different headers, tunes etc. Good runs, but to me, doesn't mean anything. In these types of scenarios, it can go either way depending on who has what mods. I'm interested in stock vs stock.
I can understand that. But only IF you remain stock and make sure that anyone you race is also stock. Outside of that, stock v stock is for magazines. Real world racing, where we actually chalk up W's and L's, are not so cut and dry.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #1166
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
So is that going to be the new way we discredit runs we don't like?

"Well that 2019 Mustang had ARH headers and a Lund tune, where the 2019 Camaro had Kooks and a XYZ tune..they're not the exact same so we can't compare them"
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #1167
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
those 2 cars are almost identically modded. Auto vs manual you could argue , but the SS owner can row so I dont see an A8 being worth much.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #1168
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So is that going to be the new way we discredit runs we don't like?

"Well that 2019 Mustang had ARH headers and a Lund tune, where the 2019 Camaro had Kooks and a XYZ tune..they're not the exact same so we can't compare them"
If 2 modded guys want to go at it to see who's quicker, no problem. But to turn around and use that run as the basis to say X car is faster than Y makes little sense. And for me it applies both ways, doesn't matter who won. That's just the way I look at it. No precedent being set here.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #1169
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
those 2 cars are almost identically modded. Auto vs manual you could argue , but the SS owner can row so I dont see an A8 being worth much.
Why can't it be two stock cars? Prove yourself without the mod crutch.There are videos showing the Camaro coming out on top (stock vs stock - or so they claim), but they are street racing vids so I won't post them.

I know that beyond a certain speed, the Camaro loses steam because of gearing, but that's well into the triple digits.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #1170
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Why can't it be two stock cars? Prove yourself without the mod crutch.There are videos showing the Camaro coming out on top (stock vs stock - or so they claim), but they are street racing vids so I won't post them.

I know that beyond a certain speed, the Camaro loses steam because of gearing, but that's well into the triple digits.
well for myself, because I dont really care what a car runs stock because I will never leave it that way. I buy a car with mod potential as a priority...that's the fun part of owning it for me.

I cant regulate what the competition has done to their cars at the track or in passing on the street so staying stock is a recipe for 2nd place finishes and lack of interest for me.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #1171
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
If 2 modded guys want to go at it to see who's quicker, no problem. But to turn around and use that run as the basis to say X car is faster than Y makes little sense. And for me it applies both ways, doesn't matter who won. That's just the way I look at it. No precedent being set here.
This ☝🏼

Modded cars can run, and of course who wins is important in its own way, but that’s for fun.

Two stock cars running, with the SAME transmission (Auto/Manual) is the only way to start judging which one is the faster/quicker car objectively.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #1172
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
M6 SS with my mods don’t even run close to the same times. Not just et either. The mph is a good 5mph off. The gearing is horrible for one. They also have more issues with TM and throttle closure.

That mustang also has a lighter wheel and tire swap. He’s also setup and tuned for c85. But claims he hasn’t used it yet

Surprised you haven’t seen vids of 18 gt auto and manuals running. The 10r wipes the floor with them even modded. The gearing and shift speed advantage of the new autos is hard to beat. The drivetrain loss isn’t that much different anymore either

The grey m6 Camaro he is racing on that channel trapped 119-120 his last time out FYI
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #1173
slowlypullin

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
M6 SS with my mods don’t even run close to the same times. Not just et either. The mph is a good 5mph off. The gearing is horrible for one. They also have more issues with TM and throttle closure.

That mustang also has a lighter wheel and tire swap. He’s also setup and tuned for c85. But claims he hasn’t used it yet

Surprised you haven’t seen vids of 18 gt auto and manuals running. The 10r wipes the floor with them even modded. The gearing and shift speed advantage of the new autos is hard to beat. The drivetrain loss isn’t that much different anymore either

The grey m6 Camaro he is racing on that channel trapped 119-120 his last time out FYI
A properly driven M6 can out run an A8 camaro.
On 10r80 lifestyle videos you can see how the 1le keeps up better during higher speed rolls. On the last video you can see the 1le starting to gain on the mustang on higher speeds but they run out of space.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that the 18' 5.0s are fast cars.
slowlypullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #1174
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

I have no 1st hand data to refute what you claim. all I can look at is your fast list which has M6 cars with less mods trapping within 1mph of your posted slip. Now you may trap higher on other passes where E.T. is slower but the same may hold true for the M6 cars as well,but mod for mod they look to be competetive. Not seeing the 5mph disparity.

I'm not even claiming that the Mustang is faster in that video because roll racing has little bearing on what will take place at the drag strip.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #1175
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlypullin View Post
A properly driven M6 can out run an A8 camaro.
On 10r80 lifestyle videos you can see how the 1le keeps up better during higher speed rolls. On the last video you can see the 1le starting to gain on the mustang on higher speeds but they run out of space.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that the 18' 5.0s are fast cars.
I have no problem accepting anything

The m6 cars aren’t even in the same league as the a8. Look at the fast list. Trap speedwill show you a roll race result in most cases. In the proper gear they put down within 10 hp of the m6 and have a massive gearing and shift speed advantage. It’s not even an argument at this point the data clearly shows a large disparity in both et and trap speed

The only a8 he races on that channel does very well. And it has a stock unported manifold. Not all a8 tuning is created equal either

The m6 is done after 145 anyway. You have to go into 5th gear your gearing is done
Old 06-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #1176
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
I have no 1st hand data to refute what you claim. all I can look at is your fast list which has M6 cars with less mods trapping within 1mph of your posted slip. Now you may trap higher on other passes where E.T. is slower but the same may hold true for the M6 cars as well,but mod for mod they look to be competetive. Not seeing the 5mph disparity.

I'm not even claiming that the Mustang is faster in that video because roll racing has little bearing on what will take place at the drag strip.
The lane was reading low mph that night. It’s all in the thread. I ran 10.8@125.5 the other lane same night. My car traps 125-126 almost every pass now.

Same track same day I have 5-6 mph on m6. It’s not even close

I see one car at 122 with a terrible 1.88 60. And that’s one car. I just trapped 126.5 with a 1.61 in positive da last time out. Regardless I have same track same day experience. It’s not even close

Look at the channel of that grey ss he races. He’s got a track vid. It traps 119-120 with the same mods as me

My car was trapping 118.5....nearly as much as the modded m6 cars... when I was stock tuning with drag pack