Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-15-2024, 02:26 PM   #1
KamZL1

Drives: ZL1
HTX

Looking for good shop in Houston; not going to LMR they are out of their damn minds. quoted me 11k for headers and E. Eleven-thousand-dollars.

Also, would a pulley work with E and headers? If so I think I would add that on.

Thanks,
KamZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 02:27 PM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
11K for headers and E?!?! I'm about to relocate to the Fort Worth area and was looking at LMR....guess that changes my mind lol
Old 02-15-2024, 02:44 PM   #3
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
11K for headers and E?!?! I'm about to relocate to the Fort Worth area and was looking at LMR....guess that changes my mind lol
And when I ask for itemized quote the response is "we don't do that, we only sell packages" lmfao! translation = "we can't actually show you how bad we're trying to screw you over"
Old 02-15-2024, 03:03 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamZL1 View Post
And when I ask for itemized quote the response is "we don't do that, we only sell packages" lmfao! translation = "we can't actually show you how bad we're trying to screw you over"
Wow, that’s crazy!! I can get a 770hp stage 2 installed on my ZL1 for 7,500US 10,000 Canadian.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:57 PM   #5
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
I want say much because I never had them build anything for me, but there last few videos with a 5.0 3.0 supercharger and F150 had real neat zip ties on there cooling lines. I put a few zip ties on my chevelle, but now I'm building it into a twin turbo T56 magnum bad boy and there want be one dam zip tie on it. There's better ways.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 06:46 AM   #6
Nimair.ZL1

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Looking for good shop in Houston; not going to LMR they are out of their damn minds. quoted me 11k for headers and E. Eleven-thousand-dollars.

Also, would a pulley work with E and headers? If so I think I would add that on.

Thanks,
Straight Out Performance. Manny will take care of you and have you in and out in a day. Tell him Nimair sent you
Nimair.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 07:20 AM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Considering a set of ARH LTs/cats/H-pipe will run $2100, several hours of labor time (what - $150/hour maybe), the labor time and parts for the E' sensor and plumbing, possible low side if you want to run full E' (with labor), and tuning ($200 in credits, $200 for TCM and $200 for TCM credits) and whatever they might charge for tuning (maybe another grand), all of that starts adding up. I'm not sure it adds up to $11K, but they don't do itemized quotes, so... I don't know that I'd do business with a shop that won't give me an itemized quote, necessarily, but I would make sure I get an itemized invoice, and pre-dyno and post dyno results to verify you got the gains they quote for the package you're talking about.

Not for nothing - there are a lot of tire kickers out there. They could have just given you a blanket response. I'm not trying to make an excuse for them, because I agree that it seems like a lot of money for the mods. Maybe we're missing something from the story...

The bottom line is, you gotta pay to play. Or - do it yourself.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:23 AM   #8
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Considering a set of ARH LTs/cats/H-pipe will run $2100, several hours of labor time (what - $150/hour maybe), the labor time and parts for the E' sensor and plumbing, possible low side if you want to run full E' (with labor), and tuning ($200 in credits, $200 for TCM and $200 for TCM credits) and whatever they might charge for tuning (maybe another grand), all of that starts adding up. I'm not sure it adds up to $11K, but they don't do itemized quotes, so... I don't know that I'd do business with a shop that won't give me an itemized quote, necessarily, but I would make sure I get an itemized invoice, and pre-dyno and post dyno results to verify you got the gains they quote for the package you're talking about.

Not for nothing - there are a lot of tire kickers out there. They could have just given you a blanket response. I'm not trying to make an excuse for them, because I agree that it seems like a lot of money for the mods. Maybe we're missing something from the story...

The bottom line is, you gotta pay to play. Or - do it yourself.
You're not missing anything. I asked for a quote from sales for the above and that is what I received back. Never mentioned a low side, was not part of their "package" and do not need it at these levels. You're not sure? Well, I sure as hell am because I have a functioning brain. Pay to play? Is that what you call that? No, that's trying to extort people. He wants to be Hennessey so bad; not a good role model.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:11 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
You're not missing anything. I asked for a quote from sales for the above and that is what I received back. Never mentioned a low side, was not part of their "package" and do not need it at these levels. You're not sure? Well, I sure as hell am because I have a functioning brain. Pay to play? Is that what you call that? No, that's trying to extort people. He wants to be Hennessey so bad; not a good role model.
If you know so much, why do you ask? If you don't want to pay what they charge, go somewhere else. Good Lord. And go take your anger out somewhere else while you're at it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-16-2024, 12:59 PM   #10
bompas

Drives: 2018 camaro ZL1
headers only give you 8 to 10 hp you dont need for want you want . I did big gulp upper pulley E42 and a tune got about 650 to the wheels for $
bompas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:15 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bompas View Post
headers only give you 8 to 10 hp you dont need for want you want . I did big gulp upper pulley E42 and a tune got about 650 to the wheels for $
To add, if I may, it might be worth looking at JRE's packages. He's a bit a ways away from TX, but, he can remote tune if the parts can be installed. I think Ted's 125-HP package doesn't even run a pulley, so no additional heat or anything.

And - if I recall, Jorge Loves Speed (I forget the latest channel name update) made about that with an RFBG, LTs, E', and a tune. If I recall - he had to run a low side to run about 60% E', but that was most of the SPARK he could run, and he was pushing about 650.

And - as many smarter than I have said a million times in a million other threads: adding a ported blower, on top most of the parts previously listed will get you toward 700. There are plenty of threads and comments answering the OP.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-16-2024, 03:21 PM   #12
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
To add, if I may, it might be worth looking at JRE's packages. He's a bit a ways away from TX, but, he can remote tune if the parts can be installed. I think Ted's 125-HP package doesn't even run a pulley, so no additional heat or anything.

And - if I recall, Jorge Loves Speed (I forget the latest channel name update) made about that with an RFBG, LTs, E', and a tune. If I recall - he had to run a low side to run about 60% E', but that was most of the SPARK he could run, and he was pushing about 650.

And - as many smarter than I have said a million times in a million other threads: adding a ported blower, on top most of the parts previously listed will get you toward 700. There are plenty of threads and comments answering the OP.
OP is about finding a reputable shop in Houston that can do the listed mods for a fair price. I don't want to install the headers and flex with no tools/lift or assistance. I've received 1 recommendation so far regarding that.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:23 PM   #13
BunnyBoy

Drives: 2017 ZL1
JRE 125 package IMO is the best bang for the buck for first mods. Night and day. I don't know Ted that well but I felt like I had immediate trust with him after a few conversations. Very happy with My remote tuning experience.
BunnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #14
KamZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBoy View Post
JRE 125 package IMO is the best bang for the buck for first mods. Night and day. I don't know Ted that well but I felt like I had immediate trust with him after a few conversations. Very happy with My remote tuning experience.
did you do all the work yourself