Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #3221
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ford guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I would have no trouble buying a GT350R below msrp.

With regard to ZL1 vs GT350R pricing. In 2018 alone, Chevy built three time the entire GT350R production of 15-16-17-18 (2,101). Only a guy that will never own one would celebrate a car being unattainable.
It's pretty weird that this is what some of these gt350 guys that dont even have one celebrate... their dream car may underwhelm and under perform, but it's overpriced!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #3222
RobbyBeefcake87

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The great Camaro ZL1 1LE as mentioned even with it low MSRP to begin with still needs huge incentives to move off lots. Going to get even bigger due to everyone dumping their Camaro or not buying due to the magical C8.

GT350R nearly 4 years since intro of the model and still commanding ADM. This answers everything you need to know.
Yea, Ford guys like to over pay for cars that underperform due to their limited blue oval options..... and if they want one that really performs they need to be prepared to pay 500k.

People dumping their gt500 orders for a c8 will hopefully tame those adm's on gt500s for those that really want one.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #3223
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
It's pretty weird that this is what some of these gt350 guys that dont even have one celebrate... their dream car may underwhelm and under perform, but it's overpriced!
I don't understand how anyone can defend a car that costs more than the cars that it can't beat at anything. If there was some luxury component to it like the M4s and M5s have then ok. If it had lots of cool tech and AWD like the GTR then ok. In those cases you are paying for stuff in addition to performance. But with the Shelby you aren't getting anything extra. In fact as far as options you're getting less. But these people come on here defending it. And they can't even afford it. LOL!!

For the record, there is nothing made by Ford that costs less than ZL1 that can beat it at anything. The GT500 will be $10,000 more expensive and it isn't going to beat the ZL1 around a track or at top speed. And who knows if it will even have all the options the ZL1 comes with standard? Yet these guys are defending it. I seriously cannot understand that nonsense. "Driver experience"...well if part of that driver experience involves me being slower than a cheaper car then no thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea, Ford guys like to over pay for cars that underperform due to their limited blue oval options..... and if they want one that really performs they need to be prepared to pay 500k.

People dumping their gt500 orders for a c8 will hopefully tame those adm's on gt500s for those that really want one.
It won't change for a very long time. Because people gave the dealerships all the power to make their own pricing up. If it happened for 1-2 years then there might have been some hope. But this has been going on now for 4-5 years. And it was soo long that Ford upped the price of the car by $5,000 while giving it nothing extra. And no matter what, somebody WILL be stupid enough to pay it. So those mark ups are here to stay for a while.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #3224
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
+$5,000 discount. Do I get a prize?

What a ridiculous price for 1SS 1LE performance.
You have your prize your Mattel Hot Wheels special, can it do a loop like the toys I played with when I was like 6?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #3225
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Feel the hatred still raging from that H2H review. You lost get over it and move on the R is better car.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #3226
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
You have your prize your Mattel Hot Wheels special, can it do a loop like the toys I played with when I was like 6?
Quote:
Feel the hatred still raging from that H2H review. You lost get over it and move on the R is better car.
look at you.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:37 PM   #3227
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
A couple of juvenile moto 'journalists' liked the GT350 better, basically because it was louder...

In every objective measure the ZL1 is a better car.

While they're having 'fun', I'll be watching them disappear in my rearview...

Look, I was always a Mustang guy, and was seriously considering a GT350, as an upgrade from our '17 GT PP. Until I looked into the ZL1. There's simply no question... it's a better GT car on the street, and it's faster on the track. End of story.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #3228
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok...??

Uh...what??

Anyway. For the average buyer who wants a car that is durable and performs well and is problem free and won't cost a fortune Ford has nothing available. Your only options are to buy a GT and leave it alone with sub-par performance, mod it from the ground up and burn your warranty, spend loads of cash on a GT350 that is not boost friendly and is pretty much stuck on it's stock level of performance, spend even more money on the R version which just slightly outperforms the nonoR but can't outperform anything else, throw another $15,000 on top of that for a 4200 pound tank that tops out at 180 MPH, or spend $100K on a 4100 pound tank that tops out at 180 MPH and has carbon fiber.

But congrats on winning the H2H 2 and a half years ago!!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #3229
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok...??

Uh...what??

Anyway. For the average buyer who wants a car that is durable and performs well and is problem free and won't cost a fortune Ford has nothing available. Your only options are to buy a GT and leave it alone with sub-par performance, mod it from the ground up and burn your warranty, spend loads of cash on a GT350 that is not boost friendly and is pretty much stuck on it's stock level of performance, spend even more money on the R version which just slightly outperforms the nonoR but can't outperform anything else, throw another $15,000 on top of that for a 4200 pound tank that tops out at 180 MPH, or spend $100K on a 4100 pound tank that tops out at 180 MPH and has carbon fiber.

Prediction.

With the ZL1’s average top speed of 198 mph, it will beat the GT500 in a drag race on a mile long dry lake bed ...30 of 30 times.

Cowboy Science

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #3230
RobbyBeefcake87

H2H

Quote:
The coveted H2H championship.. where the gt350r won the honor of losing in everything they actually competed in.. dude it's so obvious you're a salty fanboy grasping at straws. You better hope that gt500 is something special or you might lose it.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #3231
RobbyBeefcake87

Gt350

Quote:
I don't understand how anyone can defend a car that costs more than the cars that it can't beat at anything. If there was some luxury component to it like the M4s and M5s have then ok. If it had lots of cool tech and AWD like the GTR then ok. In those cases you are paying for stuff in addition to performance. But with the Shelby you aren't getting anything extra. In fact as far as options you're getting less. But these people come on here defending it. And they can't even afford it. LOL!!

For the record, there is nothing made by Ford that costs less than ZL1 that can beat it at anything. The GT500 will be $10,000 more expensive and it isn't going to beat the ZL1 around a track or at top speed. And who knows if it will even have all the options the ZL1 comes with standard? Yet these guys are defending it. I seriously cannot understand that nonsense. "Driver experience"...well if part of that driver experience involves me being slower than a cheaper car then no thanks.

It won't change for a very long time. Because people gave the dealerships all the power to make their own pricing up. If it happened for 1-2 years then there might have been some hope. But this has been going on now for 4-5 years. And it was soo long that Ford upped the price of the car by $5,000 while giving it nothing extra. And no matter what, somebody WILL be stupid enough to pay it. So those mark ups are here to stay for a while.
It's just blind company fanboyism by some of these guys.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #3232
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Ok...??

Uh...what??

Is it just me or is the fact that the GT350R has a higher MSRP than the GT500 does is a bit of a red flag? Why would Ford think they can sell a 350R for more than a 500? I just have a gut feeling the base 500 is going to be stripped down with no options and not really offer anything but straight line speed. (To 180 anyway).
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #3233
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Is it just me or is the fact that the GT350R has a higher MSRP than the GT500 does is a bit of a red flag? Why would Ford think they can sell a 350R for more than a 500? I just have a gut feeling the base 500 is going to be stripped down with no options and not really offer anything but straight line speed. (To 180 anyway).
Both the GT350 and GT500 come pretty decently equipped as base. Both come with dual zone AC, Cruise, Stabilitrak, MRC, SYNC 3, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Universal Garage Remote. GT350 comes with manual Recaros, GT500 comes with power suede seats. They don’t have HUD or PDR available, but they do have Line Lock and Launch Control included in base.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #3234
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I don't know what the hell Ford is thinking but it is clear that they've lost their minds. Maybe the C8 announcement short-circuited their wiring or something. I mean...I just don't know what to say about any of this. I certainly can't make heads or tails of it.

Basically it looks like the 350R jumped up in price by $10,000 considering that it was about the same price as the standard ZL1. But now it costs more than even the ZL1. By $5,000. And it does not stand a chance against the ZL1, ZLE, C8, or C8 Z51 each of which costs thousands less.

If I were to take a wild stab in the dark, the only thing I can come up with is:

1 - Ford realized that people were willing to spend $10,000 more on the MSRP of the car so they raised it.

2 - Ford spent soo much money developing the GT500 that the only way to recoup it without shooting the MSRP higher than it already is would be to raise prices across the board.

3 - Maybe all the recalls, blown engines (lots of people are on the 2nd and even 3rd engine), issues, fixes they had to apply, lawsuits, etc costed them a lot of money and they had to increase the price to keep things ok in the financial department.

2 and 3 seem more likely to me. Because while I never underestimate stupidity, I highly doubt anyone would want to see a $10K increase in one MY for nothing extra and smile about it no matter how much they think the car is worth. I'm thinking Ford bit off more than they could chew between the expensive Voodoo engine, the Bullitt, rushing to completely remake the GT, the aforementioned GT350(R) troubles, and then designing and releasing the GT500. And didn't they see a decrease in sales too? So it all sounds weird to me and like the makings of some future trouble for ole BO.

On a side note, their customers are now spending 1 tier higher money for lower performance. Before the GT350 was a little more expensive than the SS. But now it is at ZL1 prices. The R is more than the ZLE by a LOT. They both are more than a C8. The GT500 is more than the ZLE. And the CF GT500 is way up in the stratosphere. It costs more than a Trackhawk. LOL!! And I thought the Trackhawk was expensive despite it's practical uses. So who is paying all this money for sub-par performance is what I want to know. Who is buying the GT350R at $74,000?