Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-27-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Intermittent no crank and slow crank - mostly starts

Received the below from my neighbor and I'm not able to help him till the earliest Wed. Asked him to check for codes; 2000 Silverado.

Left the motor running for the rest of my trip to Santa Rosa except for once when I accidentally turned it off. And then it started very poorly even with my new battery. So it's obviously not the battery.

I bought a new starter which of course has a solenoid attached and a new relay when I was in Santa Rosa. They said I could bring back the starter if I didn't use it.

On the way home I tried to turn on my driving lights but the LED that shows that they were on just flickered and they only flickered.

About a week ago the wife noticed that the LED that indicates power to my driving lights was flickering. I hadn't noticed it since with my new LED headlights I don't use my driving lights anymore.
So it sounds like a ground somewhere is failing. obviously the solenoid and starter wouldn't affect my driving lights.

Not convinced that it's the ground and I asked him to verify the first 12v- connection to the engine is solid.

Any chance someone has seen something similar and/or can comment on this.