Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
badass_lt1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 6MT
HELP Fuse 51 Exhaust Keeps Blowing

Hi, per the title everytime I put in a new fuse to control the NPP valves (Fuse 51) it works for a bit until I pass 2k RPM's and then it blows. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Sounds like one of two problems: Either the motor that operates the exhaust valve is going bad and therefor drawing more current then it should, or there is something wrong with the mechanical valve itself. Does the fuse blow when trying operate the valves? Edit: just read the last part again about the 2k rpm. Hmm that does sound strange
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
Tschw

Drives: 16 HBM 2SS
Did you recently change your exhaust? I had all kinds of weird issues where my valves won’t work at all and I would be missing all the settings in my infotainment. I took it back apart and found out that the drivers side npp solenoid weather seal in the connector got pinched and let water in and corroded all the connections. After I cleaned everything, fixed the seal and put dielectric grease in the connector, I haven’t had an issue since and that’s been a year.
Tschw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #4
badass_lt1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 6MT
yeah i took off my MBRP axleback and put back on the NPP which worked fine for two months. it started with the npp plugs falling out constantly and so i took it to the muffler shop to plug in and it has been blowing fuses ever since then.
badass_lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass_lt1 View Post
yeah i took off my MBRP axleback and put back on the NPP which worked fine for two months. it started with the npp plugs falling out constantly and so i took it to the muffler shop to plug in and it has been blowing fuses ever since then.
Time to crawl under there and see exactly what the muffler shop did. It sounds like whatever they did is causing the harness to short out. Your harness-side connectors might need to be replaced due to corrosion if you ran for a while with them unplugged. Or the muffler shop could have cut the connector and tried to attach the wires directly to the valve.

If you have a good parts guy at the local Chevy Dealer, he should be able to find and order a new connector repair kit which will have the connector and some wires with terminals on the end. Snap it together with the new wires, then solder it in, shrink seal the splices, and you should be good to go.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote