Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-27-2023, 05:15 PM   #1
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Pinion Bearing Bad

I think I found my noise. This car had the left hand groan but it was very mild. Only do it once on first drive. I changed the fluid but it made no difference. It was so mild i just ignored it, thinking clutch packs or something.
I now think it has to do with the pinion bearing because when it started making the noise that completely went away. Some metal splinters on the drain plug.

All looks good inside nothing loose no teeth chipped ect but when u spin the pinion lots of noise like a bad bearing. Theirs no play up down in out just the noise when u spin it. Sometimes it sounds as though i can hear the bearing rattle in its cage too.

Im guessing these are set up from the factory, but are they all the same. Like the mains and rod bearings.

Does anyone have a good housing with chewed up gears that has a good pinion? Any one know anyone who could replace the pinion bearing?

Well wont let me upload the file to hear the noise
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #2
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Unfortunately the diffs in these cars are non serviceable. Your only option is to replace the entire diff. I had mine replaced due to bearing noise. I don’t know if it was the pinion or not.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote