Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #29
Todd808
ANTI-MATTER Hawaii band

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS, manual,Kooks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief MoonsSS View Post
Thank you lol and quick question ...is that if you are beating on the clutch? I am not planning on getting forced induction and becoming"Rambo" or anything lol just more power without the 1/4 or pushing it at the line even...I have never been a fan of 0-anything because that hurts the car...I am more of a fan of pulls like 50-100 (also hurts the car) but less.
Yup, went straight to drag racing it. Clutch started slipping after the first weekend
2010 SS LS3 6speed. Supercharged, kooks Lt heeders, 3" exhaust,monster clutch, 1000 hp axles, peeders drop springs, hurst short throw, borla. Hotchkins race pack, all lights blacked out. 1.2" front 1.5" rear drop
Todd808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #30
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
Oil pump, timing set, spend the money on good crank pulley, tires, bushings, the list is endless to do it correctly. Suspension is huge to upgrade.

What's the point of all the power if the car won't hook at the track. Good luck with the biild, a blower is next on my list after I build everything else
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #31
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Make sure you install the correct crankcase evacuation and oil separation system!! This is critical with a centrifugal or turbo system to provide proper evacuation and never allow pressure to build. Here are the diagrams to follow:

http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/tech17/media/Camaro%20Turbo%20Catch%20Can%20Install%20Diagram%2 02%202_zpsuyfpcgnv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psuyfpcgnv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/tech17/media/Camaro%20Turbo%20Catch%20Can%20Install%20Diagram%2 03%20-%20Copy_zpsodzfegft.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psodzfegft.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Let us know if you need any guidance as there are tons of ways to this wrong. It is your engine you want to protect.

Do it once, do it right, Elite Engineering USA!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #32
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Make sure you install the correct crankcase evacuation and oil separation system!!
But what if I like dumping this into my intake every 900 miles......
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #33
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
OP, it never stops, there is always something. While you don't need to go as crazy as some of us, the idea of just slapping a SC on it and being done, is not very realistic. Keep in mind there are always unexpected expenses, and horsepower will always find the weakest link. I always tell people to get a budget together, and double it. Some here disagree with that idea, but I've seen people here time and again, break things and buy parts that they didn't plan on buying.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #34
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
OP, BEWARE!!! Forced induction power is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!! Just one application, and you could be addicted for life!

Seriously though, all of the previous posts are accurate, however, each of us have our own ways of getting there. I daily drive my Camaro, don't regularly take it to the track, or street race it. I've been sitting at 650RWHP for about 3 years now, over 28,000 miles, and I'm still on the FACTORY clutch, driveshaft, axles, differential, bushings, etc. I chose to add power first, then upgrade the rest as money and time allowed, and lately, it's been a time issue

The single MOST IMPORTANT item to get right, no matter what parts you put on, is the TUNE.

Good luck with your build!

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #35
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
OP, BEWARE!!! Forced induction power is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!! Just one application, and you could be addicted for life!

Seriously though, all of the previous posts are accurate, however, each of us have our own ways of getting there. I daily drive my Camaro, don't regularly take it to the track, or street race it. I've been sitting at 650RWHP for about 3 years now, over 28,000 miles, and I'm still on the FACTORY clutch, driveshaft, axles, differential, bushings, etc. I chose to add power first, then upgrade the rest as money and time allowed, and lately, it's been a time issue

The single MOST IMPORTANT item to get right, no matter what parts you put on, is the TUNE.

-Scott
This is so true. After I installed headers and exhaust and had it tuned I thought I would be fine at that power level. Nope. Not even 3 months later I got a maggy installed and again I thought I would be more than happy with that power but no. The next spring I just had to have a cam installed. I ran with that for a little while but then I wanted around 650rwhp so off I went again for more power. Now I'm at 640rwhp and happy, for now. Like above I'm still on the stock clutch, driveshaft, axles, bushings ect. But I can say at this power level I do need to address the suspension so I'm going with the BMR level 3 handling kit in the near future then clutch and axles. It just doesn't stop!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
When it comes to supporting mods, most of us either do it now or later, before they break, or when they break. Depending on your power goal and driving style, you may or not be able to push some of this stuff off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #37
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post

-Scott

This is so true. After I installed headers and exhaust and had it tuned I thought I would be fine at that power level. Nope. Not even 3 months later I got a maggy installed and again I thought I would be more than happy with that power but no. The next spring I just had to have a cam installed. I ran with that for a little while but then I wanted around 650rwhp so off I went again for more power. Now I'm at 640rwhp and happy, for now. Like above I'm still on the stock clutch, driveshaft, axles, bushings ect. But I can say at this power level I do need to address the suspension so I'm going with the BMR level 3 handling kit in the near future then clutch and axles. It just doesn't stop!
Thank you everyone for your advice and feedback. This is the exact information I was looking for right here. And yes I understand that it is highly addictive and I will probably add more later to the suspension and other things...but I really like knowing that you got 28k miles and 3 years out of stock drive train. And as stated if something breaks...I will replace it of course...but I would much rather buy that stuff later down the line when I have had more time to save the "fun money". I guess some people only want to force induct a car for drag or track driving...but I like just street driving and this info was very good to find out. Thanks again for sharing.

-Ryan
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #38
Todd808
ANTI-MATTER Hawaii band

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS, manual,Kooks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief MoonsSS View Post
Thank you everyone for your advice and feedback. This is the exact information I was looking for right here. And yes I understand that it is highly addictive and I will probably add more later to the suspension and other things...but I really like knowing that you got 28k miles and 3 years out of stock drive train. And as stated if something breaks...I will replace it of course...but I would much rather buy that stuff later down the line when I have had more time to save the "fun money". I guess some people only want to force induct a car for drag or track driving...but I like just street driving and this info was very good to find out. Thanks again for sharing.

-Ryan
i use mine for everything, drag racing. Roll racing to 150+. street r... um lol
2010 SS LS3 6speed. Supercharged, kooks Lt heeders, 3" exhaust,monster clutch, 1000 hp axles, peeders drop springs, hurst short throw, borla. Hotchkins race pack, all lights blacked out. 1.2" front 1.5" rear drop
Todd808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #39
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Just be careful not to be shopping around for opinions you want to hear. For as many people that get 30k trouble free miles, there will be as many with issues, so take that into account.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #40
Gearheaded

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Just be careful not to be shopping around for opinions you want to hear. For as many people that get 30k trouble free miles, there will be as many with issues, so take that into account.
Plus you guys who have the "high" miles build it right and don't cheap out on the important stuff like fuel systems.

If you're going to do it, do it once and do it right. If you have any chance of possibly doing more boost for bigger power down the road, plan for it now.

You definitely don't want to double buy fuel systems or super chargers.
2009 YZF R1 - Race bike (road course)(totaled racing)
2008 YZF R6 - Race bike (road course)(still own)
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #41
drago

Drives: 2015 1le
edelbrock will give a 3 year 36000 mile warranty with their sc
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:12 AM   #42
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Make sure you install the correct crankcase evacuation and oil separation system!! This is critical with a centrifugal or turbo system to provide proper evacuation and never allow pressure to build. Here are the diagrams to follow:

http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/tech17/media/Camaro%20Turbo%20Catch%20Can%20Install%20Diagram%2 02%202_zpsuyfpcgnv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psuyfpcgnv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/tech17/media/Camaro%20Turbo%20Catch%20Can%20Install%20Diagram%2 03%20-%20Copy_zpsodzfegft.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psodzfegft.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Let us know if you need any guidance as there are tons of ways to this wrong. It is your engine you want to protect.

Do it once, do it right, Elite Engineering USA!
After looking into it I have definitely decided to add this. The only question I have is what makes the E2x different than the Mighty Mouse? Please PM me.
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote