Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Big decisions! Need you help!

I'm at a cross road! Pretty soon my car will be payed off, and that means I won't have a monthly note to pay, which means I will have more money to save every month. Now, I love my camaro because it has great performance as well as aggresive defining looks that I want in a car, but for the last couple of months Ive been reading up on Corvettes,and all I've got to say is I've fell in love all over again. Everytime I see a Vett, I want one one! And it's starting to bother me. I love my Camaro and all but, for what I want it for, it's just too heavy. 3,900 pounds? The corvette weighs in at 3,222 pounds, you would get more performance out of a 3,222 pound car than you would out of a 3,900 pound car with the same power.

So my thing is this,....once my car is paid off, I can either save more money monthly because of not having a note and modify my Camaro up to the performance aspirations I want (ZR1 turf), OR sell my Camaro and buy a 2010 or 2011 Grandsport with just the basics, no nav, and biflowdual exhaust, and eventually save up money and modify that, into ZR1 performance.

Is it cheaper to keep her and just modify my Camaro up to the performance level I want, or is it better to just buy the Vett, and try to save some money here and there for mods while paying the note?

The advantage of sticking with the Camaro is the wow factor of it's looks and I could save more money monthly for anything I want including mods, the advantage of buying the Vett is I'd have a extremly fast car out of the box with more mod performance potential, the downside is it would be hard to save while paying a note.

Guys???
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
Keep camaro save up and send out to hennessy or slp and get the top line stuff put on
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I feel like it would be cheaper to mod the camaro. But if you really want a vette, you could sell your SS for around 30k. A GS is probably in the high 50's depending on what you want plus the mods. It will be way more expensive with a corvette but then you will loose 700 pounds with a vette.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Save and see what is coming with the Z 28 , THEN YOU REALLY SEE WHAT YOUR REAL LOVE IS , the rest is only another [girl] is the field , but hey it's just my opinion !!!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Do like I plan on doing... pay off the Camaro, keep it, save up money and buy a C7 or C8 Vette (museum delivery and all...)

Add some mods to the Camaro along the way
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Sounds like you want a vette. Next year they might only make 10k vettes.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
Sounds like you want a vette. Next year they might only make 10k vettes.
I second that! From what you wrote it sounds like you have already made up your mind to get the vette and you want us to give you support so you can confirm your decision. It sounds like you won't be happy unless you buy the vette, so you have my permission to go ahead and save for the vette. :-)
Old 01-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
lol. Well, I really do want a Vett, but only for the performance it offers. I still think the Camaro has the Vett beat in the looks department. I'm talking about buying a Vett and I'm only 25! It would be cheaper to keep the Camaro and just get a super charger and some engine work done and get like 600rwhp, than buy a 50k Vett and pay on it for the next 5yrs.

I just wish the Camaro wasn't so heavy!
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
I'm at a cross road! Pretty soon my car will be payed off, and that means I won't have a monthly note to pay, which means I will have more money to save every month. Now, I love my camaro because it has great performance as well as aggresive defining looks that I want in a car, but for the last couple of months Ive been reading up on Corvettes,and all I've got to say is I've fell in love all over again. Everytime I see a Vett, I want one one! And it's starting to bother me. I love my Camaro and all but, for what I want it for, it's just too heavy. 3,900 pounds? The corvette weighs in at 3,222 pounds, you would get more performance out of a 3,222 pound car than you would out of a 3,900 pound car with the same power.

So my thing is this,....once my car is paid off, I can either save more money monthly because of not having a note and modify my Camaro up to the performance aspirations I want (ZR1 turf), OR sell my Camaro and buy a 2010 or 2011 Grandsport with just the basics, no nav, and biflowdual exhaust, and eventually save up money and modify that, into ZR1 performance.

Is it cheaper to keep her and just modify my Camaro up to the performance level I want, or is it better to just buy the Vett, and try to save some money here and there for mods while paying the note?

The advantage of sticking with the Camaro is the wow factor of it's looks and I could save more money monthly for anything I want including mods, the advantage of buying the Vett is I'd have a extremly fast car out of the box with more mod performance potential, the downside is it would be hard to save while paying a note.

Guys???

Just a though here but, If you have a SS Camaro almost paid off worth at least 25k That means your note on the Vette won't be for any more than say 30k. With a decent APR i assume you can get. Your payment will be around $550. If you think you will have a hard time paying the note and saving money then honestly i would keep the Camaro period.

There is just no point in buying a new car when you already have a performance car if you won't be able to save anything for the future.

Just my 2 cents but do what you want to do. It's your money.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote