Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
JBA full exhaust vs ARH

I've seen and heard JBA's full exhaust system and let me tell you it sounds amazing, it makes the car sound like it's cammed! One of the best sounding headers/exhaust systems I've came across. Now, that's all fine and dandy, but what about American Racing Headers? They also sound great, but for some reason JBAs makes the car sound like a snarling beast, not as if ARH doesn't but JBA sounds very good.

Im was just wondering, the sound aside, which systems produces the better gains in rwhp/rwtq? ARH claims 30rwhp without a tune, up to 50 with a tune. As far as JBA's gains, I don't have any numbers. How much does a JBA full exhaust system gain untuned and tuned?

Thx all.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
I've seen and heard JBA's full exhaust system and let me tell you it sounds amazing, it makes the car sound like it's cammed! One of the best sounding headers/exhaust systems I've came across. Now, that's all fine and dandy, but what about American Racing Headers? They also sound great, but for some reason JBAs makes the car sound like a snarling beast, not as if ARH doesn't but JBA sounds very good.

Im was just wondering, the sound aside, which systems produces the better gains in rwhp/rwtq? ARH claims 30rwhp without a tune, up to 50 with a tune. As far as JBA's gains, I don't have any numbers. How much does a JBA full exhaust system gain untuned and tuned?

Thx all.
I gained 54rwhp with the full JBA system and a custom tune. I love the way it sounds and there are some GREAT deals out there right now that were not around when I purchased. :(
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
I gained 54rwhp with the full JBA system and a custom tune. I love the way it sounds and there are some GREAT deals out there right now that were not around when I purchased. :(
Wow! Nice! That about what I gained from ARH! I guess they all produce about the same rwhp after being tuned. You just get a different sound. Who has deals on JBA rite now? Link?
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
JBA is 409 stainless (which may rust..but won't rust through). It also does not have all the features of ARH. It is really your call..but the difference in price is qualirty and features.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
JBA is 409 stainless (which may rust..but won't rust through). It also does not have all the features of ARH. It is really your call..but the difference in price is qualirty and features.
What quality or features do you speak of human?
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
Old 12-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I have the full JBA competition exhaust, from the headers to the catback. It's LOUD, and It actually makes your muscle car sound like a muscle car, it adds quite a bit of horsepower as well. I've heard 30 or 40, but I haven't gotten dyno'd yet.

If drone is something you have a problem with.. The JBA has it pretty badly on the highway; I personally don't mind it now that I'm used to it, but my first 11mile trip on the highway gave me a crazy headache.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
What quality or features do you speak of human?
JBA typically does not have merge collectors or merge spikes, which are good for some power. Plus again the difference between 304 and 409.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i like the ARH setup
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

I have the JBA Longtubes and they have a what they call a Firecone that is just like a merge collector.

http://products.jbaheaders.com/faq.asp

I only buy Ceramic coated headers so the 409 vs 304 does not matter to me. I just don't want the product to rust through.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Mr. Clutch, The power gains we originally posted was through factory mufflers. Though it's probably minimal at best, there could be a small gain with our mufflers. Ultimately it comes down to 2 things, quality of materials and sound. Our mufflers are designed to be quiet yet noticable at idle and cruise and thunderous when rowing through the gears. There's minimal to no drone and rasp is non existant. The system is 3" to the rear axle and reduces to 2-1/2" beyond that to maintain heat in the system for better scavenging. Tremendous thought went into the overall design and we guarantee it'll exceed your expectations. We are currently selling this set-up as fast as we can produce it. You won't be disappointed.

Nick

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #11
BLWN SS

Drives: Orange SS/RS W/ White Stripes
Like he said.I love my ARH. At the time I purchased them they did not have their mufflers available and I went with 2 1/2" Magnaflows. I get the sound as described above. These are a one time purchase item-buy quality if you can.
BLWN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
jeffa55

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Camaro 6M Cyber Grey
I have the full ARH system (incl their mufflers) and LOVE it. The sound is absolutely perfect, loud when you are on it and not too loud otherwise. Great product and great build quality
jeffa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #13
RED-DRAGON

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6 Camaro
I have the JBA long tube headers no cats and the full 3in cat back exhaust with a {G6X3} cam and it sounds really good I love it. For the money it cost compared to the other exhaust systems out thers it is worth every dime. If anyone would like to hear it just look at my facebook account and go to my videos. Look me up under joe glenkler on facebook and tell me what U think.
RED-DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-DRAGON View Post
I have the JBA long tube headers no cats and the full 3in cat back exhaust with a {G6X3} cam and it sounds really good I love it. For the money it cost compared to the other exhaust systems out thers it is worth every dime. If anyone would like to hear it just look at my facebook account and go to my videos. Look me up under joe glenkler on facebook and tell me what U think.
That just sounds mean!