Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
OMFG it's impossible!

I am soo mad right now. I'm on my way to work 8am as usual, then I come up to this big truck carrying 1000s of rocks, the guy driving hits brakes and 100s of rocks come flying from the back of the truck, you can see them just bouncing through every lane, I immediately see this and hit brakes, the car nearly comes to a stop but 100s of rocks just come flying towards my damn car! My front bumper has been chipped and scraped in different spots, its absolutely impossible to keep this car in great condition! I need a new front bumper! Even the black grille was chipped off in certain spots!

I also got another chip on my windshield. This was soo crazy! Just picture driving then all of a sudden 100s of rocks start bouncing and flying towards your car! It was hell! I'll post some pictures after I regain myself. I don't know how much it's going to cost to replace the bumper, anyone have a place where I can purchase one from?

I think Im going to go with a new front bumper and a silver/chrome grille overlay on the top and bottom. I seen some that look pretty good. It almost makes the front resemble a caddilac.

Anyways....I don't know what to do. Everytime you look something is happening to my damn car and I just when I save up some money i have to now spend it to fix something on this car. I have 3 door dings, 1 on the passanger door(penny size) and 2 on the driver door, also penny sized. Its IMPOSSIBLE to keep this car flawless unless you keep it in a garage. It's really depressing to me because I love this car to death and love to keep it clean but things just keep happening which just take the looks of the car a step down from where it is; its just so upsetting.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
sounds like you've got an insurance claim.

i know what you mean. it wasn't 30 days after i got my car that someone at my work opened their door into the side of my car... this is in a gated area even.

and no matter how far away you park from the front door of a business, there is always someone driving an old beater who will park right next to you... a beater full of kids with greasy-ass McDonalds french fry fingers leaving fingerprints all over your car.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Daily driving means seeing some strange things. In my car before my camaro a dump truck had it's gate unlatched at the bottom, likely just dumped his gravel load. Anyways it was swing in the wind and dozens of rocks would come out each time. I made it around him but hundreds od cars must nphave been damaged that day.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS
Me likes Blue

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2010 SS/RS IBM
If you got the name of the truck company and the truck number or license plate they would probably cut you a check rather than go through insurance, because they are required to contain thier loads.
Own 68 Camaro RS 327 LeMans Blue, 2002 Vet Electron Blue
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS View Post
If you got the name of the truck company and the truck number or license plate they would probably cut you a check rather than go through insurance, because they are required to contain thier loads.
Exactly, this is what you should do and if you were slow enough snap a few pictures if you have a camera phone of the rocks falling around as solid proof.

Make the claim and don't sweat it, it will be as good as new.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote