Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #57
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
'14 C7, Z06, Z07 package My next Baby!
har har har!!!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #58
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Couldn't disagree even more with you. Most of the Camaros sold are V8's, over 80% that have been sold are V8's. Most are second cars and not everyday cars. Especially in regions like the Midwest and east coast and parts of the plain states that have cold winters, these cars aren't being driven. Vette sales are down because of the design of the car, plain and simple. The car has barely changed in 10 years, thats the reason the Camaro went away eight years ago was because of the sales do to the body model being way over used.
I agree with you on Corvette needs a fresh look.. The C6 was mostly just a small update to the C5 It did not carry near the changes that came when they updated to the C5 from the C4.

Regarding your numbers on the Camaro production numbers you are off on the V8 Camaros vs V6 from the stats here at Camaro5. Here some info from the main page of the site. I was suprised to see they built that many V6 units. Mostly see the SS around here when I do see one.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #59
highmark
Burnin out!

Drives: Sick SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Is this highjacking? Lol.
highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #60
FlatoutProject

Drives: Camaro SS
Well it´s hard to choose....
We have driven both cars in different situations and the handling of the camaro is astonishing, although you feel that its heavier.
The Corvette has a very stiff suspension which is a little bit bouncy on bumpy roads. The Camaro´s suspension has an advantage on roads with bumpy tarmac (little pottholes etc.). Therefore its hard to say which car is faster on public roads, if you obey the traffic rules. But the fun factor of both is on a very high level. One disadvantage of the corvette was the boiling hot trunk after driving fast and the interior of the camaro has imho a slightly better build quality. But if I would not need the backseats I´d prefer the vette. Maybe toss a coin!

Best Regards from Autobahn Country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tWnutM3Bo

our youtube channel containing other gearhead stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlatoutProject

FlatoutProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #61
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
There's a reason you can get a great deal on a Vette and not the camaro right now. Stick with the Camaro imo. Many members here sold there vette for the 2010 camaro. Btw if you use the name Mr Clutch and buy a vette get a manual transmission this time
Sorry! I sold my 2010 2SS/RS to get my 4lt C6 vert. No regrets...you are trying to compare a muscle car to a sports car, two totally different great American cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974 View Post
Just sold my 1lt 07 C6 with 658rwhp to get a 2011ss camaro. The only reason being that I need a back seat for my little boy. Otherwise, the vette is 10 times the car.
Well........maybe 5 times the car!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #62
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
i grew up with Vettes with my father. He has the Corvette and i have the Camaro.. but i couldnt afford the Corvette for my first car lol but if i could of, i woulda got that lol
But get what you like buddy maybe one day you can have both!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #63
Icefsh

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS M6
I have thought about trading in my 2lt/rs to get a Corvette. Have shopped around and test driven a few. Looking more at used C6 in the $35,000 range. There are quite a few with low miles around (5000-10000).

After driving the Corvette on short test drives. I think the Camaro rides better. Much smoother. Have not had the chance to test drive on twisty roads yet but I sure can feel the wieght difference. Corvette sure is fast.

Good luck on your decision.
Icefsh is offline   Reply With Quote