Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-13-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
SuperChuck

Drives: 2013 1SS BlueRay Metallic
Engine pulled. Now multiple lights and warnings on.....please help

If you've seen a few of my post you might know. But had a lifter collapse. The engine was pulled tore down cam installed and put back together and in the car. I just got it back no tune yet. But so scared. Has check engine light, the traction control and stabilatrac lightsaber on, with the warning in the middle saying service stablitrac, and low oil message is on. Are these things that will possibly be worked out in the tune? Also possibly the oil was low due to coming off the back of the wrecker so maybe being tilted so far back to register as low?

Hey so sorry for being a friggin idiot. Getting my car back after spending a fair amount of money with this amount of lights on has me worried for sure.
SuperChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:10 AM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
You can verify oil level with dipstick. Oil pressure next concern. If all’s good, most if not all the other concerns will work there selves out after they start communicating with each other....relax....take a breath...you done good
Old 10-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #3
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Time to double check all of your electrical connections and grounds. I pinched a wire to my power steering rack and it threw all kinds of warning messages.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #4
SuperChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
You can verify oil level with dipstick. Oil pressure next concern. If all’s good, most if not all the other concerns will work there selves out after they start communicating with each other....relax....take a breath...you done good
Lol so funny. I also posted this is the Camaro reddit. Pretty much the same response. . In all the panic and being overwhelmed never crossed my mind to check the dipstick. Definitely thank you very much. And seems to be the thoughts the tune will take care of most others.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #5
SuperChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
Time to double check all of your electrical connections and grounds. I pinched a wire to my power steering rack and it threw all kinds of warning messages.

I am hoping it doesn't come to that. But after this tune I'll see if everything is still all crazy.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post

I'm with Larry. Check those grounds, and also your battery voltage.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote