Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #29
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
How much do you want for it? My wife loves your car.

Otherwise mod yours. Exhaust, new wheels, tinted windows. Seriously Kent, how often do you go over 155 mph? Gas isn't going to go down anytime soon.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #30
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
I did the trade from a 2010 2LT/RS (auto) to a 2011 2SS/RS (manual), and I must say..... I LOVE IT! The power of the V8 makes every single drive an absolute pleasure. Dont get me wrong, the V6 is a great car (i had it for 2 years) and it is plenty fast. But the V8 has all the grunt and noise you expect from a true muscle car. You will not regret the move.

However.... as others have said, you have an extremely rare color. Aqua Blue Metallic is quite beautiful. I doubt they will be worth much money any time soon (maybe 30-40+ years), but you may want to hand it down to the wife if its an option.
Thats what im going for I would like the V8 grunt and noise and yeah all that good stuff. I think she wont have any complaints driving the V6 on the weekends and keep it in good shape for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
How much do you want for it? My wife loves your car.

Otherwise mod yours. Exhaust, new wheels, tinted windows. Seriously Kent, how often do you go over 155 mph? Gas isn't going to go down anytime soon.
Well I prob wont sell it now im sorry... everyone is talking me out of it

Well I am going to do the tint sometime this month when I can get away from work...but exhaust I have been pondering, ive been thinking bout trying to keep it as stock as possible. But then again might go for the shorty headers+MRT V1 exhaust
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #31
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
Thats what im going for I would like the V8 grunt and noise and yeah all that good stuff. I think she wont have any complaints driving the V6 on the weekends and keep it in good shape for years to come.
If it was performance period, you probably can get mods on your V6 to keep up and even beat a V8... and keep your rare one. But...
If it is the Roar of a V8 you want... there is no substitute! And GM builds some of the best V8s!

Well if you do get a 2nd or just trade up... we want !!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #32
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
I will definitely do that Have both cars in it w/cool backdrop. If I get a 2nd I will prob wait a month or so for a 2012 then order.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #33
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
keep the abm and get the ss.. ive had both, the ss is a mean machine. but just think about as ur handing over the keys to the abm u might regret u doing it
Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Its very hard for me to imagine giving up my ABM...I mean just look at it!! lol

But seriously, after all the "personalization" I've done to it, and will continue to do with it, plus all the compliments the color gets and the rarity...I don't think I could sell it for just any ol SS at this point. I'd seek out a very nice used ABM SS if I we're you...even if you have to cross the country to get the dang thing.

Otherwise, if you haven't modded your car at all, you're missing out on some fine and fun stuff. Vararam intake and an exhaust, and you'll get back some that initial permagrin you had when you first took her home!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
GM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
I will definitely do that Have both cars in it w/cool backdrop. If I get a 2nd I will prob wait a month or so for a 2012 then order.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
heres my view on it, that color is going to be worth something when you sell it at a barrett jackson car auction years from now. are you planning on keeping the car for that long ? if you had a 2010 SS in that color then i would tell you never sell it. i don't think a v6 is going to hold a good value as a SS. from what i see at barrett jackson car auctions right now.

if i was you i would sell the 2LT and get a SS and be happy now. who knows what the future holds, we could all die in 2012 who knows
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #37
russ133s

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3 Red Jewel Tintcoat
2 SS RS Awesome ! !

I first had a 2LT with HUD. The dealer talked me into getting the Automatic with the paddle shift. I didn't have the car about a week or two and I was dissapointed in it. First it was the sound. I think I tried going to every youtube video and others to see what kind of exhaust I can put on it, so it sounds good. I couldn't find any. Then I missed my 6 speed manual. I wanted to get a SS so it sounds like a muscle car from america instead of a Toyota going down the road. I ended up getting a good deal on a trade for a 2 SS RS ls3. I have to say that I am very happy that I made the deal ( but then again I didn't have that discontinued color ) . But in your case I too wanted the color that you have that pretty blue and I couldn't get it. I ended up with the Red Jewel.

You really have a hard choice to make. But then again, it depends on what "your" needs and wants are. No doubt, the SS is much more car, and sounds more like a " sports " car. But with that color that you have I would have to think VERY hard about getting rid of it.

Best of luck ! !
russ133s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #38
Rocknroller

Drives: 2011 2LTRS, 1972 Cougar XR7 Vert
I'm thinking the same, but I don't have the rare color. Just looking for some more kick in the seat of the pants feel of a V8. Don't get me wrong we love our 2LTRS, but....(and that's just me talking, the wife doesn't care about more power). If you can afford it, I'd keep the ABM as it IS a super rare car, V6 or not..and buy the SS of your dreams and just keep the ABM in the garage and let it appreciate. With that being said, there is a ABM 2SS/RS on eBay now. Current bid is 26k with a bin of 35&change. Best of luck in your choice(s)!!
Rocknroller is offline   Reply With Quote