Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #43
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Your generalizations are just that. I know plenty of HD riders that could smoke young punks on the Tail that don't know how to ride their rice burner, too. I can also promise you mine has no trouble running over 70. Bitter much? We are all in a battle to survive every day. If you can't get behind a brother on two wheels, regardless of what he rides, you are not part of the solution.

I got my 2010 in 2009 and everyone waved and flipped halos. It was a fun time. Funny how stuff comes back up. There is an old thread on this that must be 20 pages and it has been a running joke for 10 years here. Some people really got upset over it. Lol

I'll wave at all Camaros,bikes, etc. Just friendly, I guess.,
The tail?

Here’s your typical HD rider on the Dragon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fzb6oVF5m0

I’ve had more negative experiences with HD riders not giving a damn about anyone else but themselves when out on rides, so your little we are are brothers leaves out one group. While I have known a few that could ride, most can’t. They get sold on the “lifestyle” and think they know what they are doing, but usually don’t. As for me, I used to drag my elbows on high dollar Italian sport bikes at speeds your HD would only see falling out of an airplane. I will also grant you the growing number of squids on sport bikes that act like total a$$hats. You can usually spot them by the T-shirt’s and shorts while doing 120+. All the gear, all the time. I’m sure you’re a good brother out there, you own a Camaro, so you obviously have class, but I’m no fan of a certain set after decades of first hand experience.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #44
1Willy1

Drives: corvette z06
ive owned two corvettes and the "corvette wave" is actually a real thing

I try waving or at least giving a nod to other owners of say my lexus ls460L and nothing, they wont even look at you if you are on fire
1Willy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #45
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Your generalizations are just that. I know plenty of HD riders that could smoke young punks on the Tail that don't know how to ride their rice burner, too. I can also promise you mine has no trouble running over 70. Bitter much? We are all in a battle to survive every day. If you can't get behind a brother on two wheels, regardless of what he rides, you are not part of the solution.

I got my 2010 in 2009 and everyone waved and flipped halos. It was a fun time. Funny how stuff comes back up. There is an old thread on this that must be 20 pages and it has been a running joke for 10 years here. Some people really got upset over it. Lol

I'll wave at all Camaros,bikes, etc. Just friendly, I guess.,
Here's my friend, Yellow Wolf, showing you how to run the Dragon...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #46
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by anth331 View Post
Yes level300 I am different. I don't care what your riding I'll wave. I not in that group that needs to change their image. I've had my motorcycle licence for almost 45 years now. Even when I had a Goldwing i'd wave and not get one back. On the way to work the other night, a kid on a street bike pulled up beside me and flipped me off, why? I'm in the right lane, cruise set at 68 listing to the radio and this happens. Is it because I'm on a Harley, didn't like the song on my radio? Or is it that people riding street bikes are that way? I choose to think not. Just a kid that listened to the BS that somebody told him. Keep the wheels on the payment and be safe brother.
Awesome! The world is in very short supply of nice people!

Don't feed the squids. They are just looking for a reason to wheelie or do a burnout LOL. Ignore them and they go away. That group of riders operates on another level of stupid. You're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel with that group.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #47
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post

Super props! But could you imagine the yard sale off a Goldwing?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #48
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Awesome! The world is in very short supply of nice people!

Don't feed the squids. They are just looking for a reason to wheelie or do a burnout LOL. Ignore them and they go away. That group of riders operates on another level of stupid. You're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel with that group.
You said it brother Those knuckleheads give all of us a bad name
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #49
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
That would be an amazing, but sad sight for sure.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #50
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post

I drove the Tail once in our Camaro. We stumbled on it after the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had no idea what we were getting into.

After twice encountering oncoming motorcycles and almost swerving off the road I said F'it, let them die. I guess the word went out that Mr. Asshole was on the road because that was the end of that.

BTW, Deals Gap is not the Dragon's Trail. It is a completely different road.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #51
sherob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I drove the Tail once in our Camaro. We stumbled on it after the Blue Ridge Parkway. I had no idea what we were getting into.

After twice encountering oncoming motorcycles and almost swerving off the road I said F'it, let them die. I guess the word went out that Mr. Asshole was on the road because that was the end of that.

My bad Fred, wrong vid...

Old 08-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #52
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The most consistent and enthusiastic waving and flashing I experienced was during the summer of 1970, when I drove my VW Westfalia camper van coast to coast and back. Participation was 100%. And of course, the camaraderie continued in the campgrounds.

Everyone who owned a "Westie" loved it, abysmal horsepower and all.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #53
HawkeyeZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1156, 2003 Silverado SS
I waved to a fellow Camaro owner yesterday as we passed and he waved back. There's still hope for us.
2012 ZL1 #1156, born 5/8/2012. Rotofab cold air intake, Elite Engineering catch can, Texas Speed Long tube headers with off road connections and of course a tune by DynoSteve.
HawkeyeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #54
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
There are some great roads in the Smokies other than Tail of the Dragon. No one is on them, even in the middle of the Summer. I was there last year and had a blast, all by my lonesome.

Look at some maps and explore!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:18 PM   #55
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post

Im in Canada and took a trip to the Smokey Mountains...Shelbyville area or somewhere around there a few years back. We went to this old pioneer village at the top of a mountain. Is this the same area as the dragons tail?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #56
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Theres a video on youtube of guy on goldwing ripping through the dragon ive had cpl harleys my sportster ran with rockets to about 120 and thats about where the wide glide would quit to and as for waving leave it to the boat community most of the guys on harleys that wave are RUBS