Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #15
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
He is clear stating he isn't going to run factory fluid...ATE 200 will suffice at NCCAR in novice group. This thread went on a tangent. All of the information is very good, however.
Well said. I miss my car. And the tracks. Major withdrawal syndrome underway here
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:23 PM   #16
Ren Lacerda

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY
Thanks folks, very informative. Researching more, I found this Redl Line RL-600 getting some good reviews, dry boiling point of 604F. Did anybody try it?

https://www.redlineoil.com/rl-600

Ren Lacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:58 PM   #17
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Lacerda View Post
Thanks folks, very informative. Researching more, I found this Redl Line RL-600 getting some good reviews, dry boiling point of 604F. Did anybody try it?

https://www.redlineoil.com/rl-600

Redline, Motul, Willwood, Brembo, Castrol etc all make top shelf products. Ive only run Castrol and Willwood so no first hand experience here, but i would not hesitate to give it a try. Its specs are on par with Motul 600 at 600 dry and 400 wet, which is very good.

NB Castrol SRF is considered the best by many, because its wet point is 500. But it is very expensive. Yet you dont have to bleed it more often than once a season. So you use a lot less of it, makes a difference especially if you track often. Note that brake fluid starts to absorb moisture the moment you open the bottle. And then continues to degrade with time. Just an fyi. When buying brake fluid look at both specs.

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #18
Ren Lacerda

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Redline, Motul, Willwood, Brembo, Castrol etc all make top shelf products. Ive only run Castrol and Willwood so no first hand experience here, but i would not hesitate to give it a try. Its specs are on par with Motul 600 at 600 dry and 400 wet, which is very good.

NB Castrol SRF is considered the best by many, because its wet point is 500. But it is very expensive. Yet you dont have to bleed it more often than once a season. So you use a lot less of it, makes a difference especially if you track often. Note that brake fluid starts to absorb moisture the moment you open the bottle. And then continues to degrade with time. Just an fyi. When buying brake fluid look at both specs.

Cheers!
Thanks to all in this topic, very informative.
Ren Lacerda is offline   Reply With Quote