Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
fahimghaffar

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
2016 to 2018 camaro ss defective transmission

Iam having the 2nd gear poping out of gear while driving issue but dealer cannot replicate to fix it
https://youtu.be/aSSRX7NA-mQ

https://youtu.be/5a2GfayBNNA

https://youtu.be/ieo_sNwFem8

Chevrolett dealers have really bad attitude
Eventhough i made a video and showed to bunch of dealers in southflorida but they do not want to fix it
Chevrolett do not want to take the cost of fixing it and they are on purposely giving their customers run around so they do not have to fix it and eat the cost.
This is my first chevy and i feel like it is ripp off.
fahimghaffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:46 PM   #2
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you have to go with them on the test drive.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #3
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Give it some throttle and shift firmly and make sure to pull the shifter down all the way and see what happens. Take a video while doing that and see if it still
Pops out.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
I think your shifting at too low of a rpm and are hitting the second gear lock out. Try shifting at a higher RPM and see if it still does it
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #5
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I am assuming the latter videos are yours, given your username.

Just curious, have you been forcing the gear stick into 2nd when the skip shift message comes up? Or do you have an eliminator installed?

And how often does this occur? If it's not too regular and you are shifting properly, I would just change the fluid first to see if the issue rectifies.

Not directed at you OP, but dealers sometimes have to deal with customers who don't know how to drive a stick correctly. When I had my RX-8, I was chatting with the Mazda dealer parts guy once and he told me there was a guy who bought a Mazda 5 in stick shift(didn't even know they came in stick shift since they are like small vans) and he wanted the clutch replaced. Okay, except he came back a week later asking for the same thing, and his clutch was burnt out again. The dealer then decided to give him a proper stick shift driving lesson and he didn't go back there since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Give it some throttle and shift firmly and make sure to pull the shifter down all the way and see what happens. Take a video while doing that and see if it still
Pops out.
Yeah, in the videos it doesn't look like OP was really using any force on the shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
I think your shifting at too low of a rpm and are hitting the second gear lock out. Try shifting at a higher RPM and see if it still does it
The gear lockout shouldn't pop you out of the 2nd. It should just slide you right into the 4th if it kicks in.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:32 AM   #6
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
I’m pretty sure the tech is taking this for a test drive and not shifting from 1st to 2nd at 19mph then up to 3rd at 18mph and then just gently pulling down from 3rd to 2nd again at 14mph. The tech probably is going to give it a bit more throttle and shift firmly and won’t have any problems. I’m not an expert manual driver by any means but I think it’s more of the OP’s style of driving then a bad tranny. Just my opinion though and you know what they say about opinions.

I’d be interested to see a video where he gives it some beans and a good firm shift and see if it still pops out of gear.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #7
fahimghaffar

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
I finally got it fix at Autonation. the only dealership that do understand that customers knows how cars work. All the other chevy dealership i went to, they gave excuses like i dont know anything about cars and try to make fool of me.
It was the 3rd to 2nd gear syncronizer
They replaced it now
fahimghaffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #8
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Glad you have it sorted out, but that doesn't seem like a common issue. The TR-6060 is a pretty tried and true design.

Well, hopefully, the transmission doesn't give you any more trouble.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote