Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-30-2020, 07:16 AM   #1
Tscholten

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Slight "whine" when downshifting w/rev match

I have noticed that when I downshift there is a slight and quick "whine" noise when downshifting. This noise only occurs when the auto rev match feature is on. I drive it conservatively and I am the only owner so I know it hasn't been trashed or abused. It does not make the noise when rev match is off. The car is a 2019 2ss w/manual trans. I wasn't aware that you have to be at a certain/low speed when downshifting with rev match on, but maybe?? Anyone else have this experience?
Tscholten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
I have not noticed any whine when downshifting with rev match on. As far as speed when downshifting, as long as you aren't at a RPM that will over rev the engine when downshifting you should be fine. I downshift at highway speed...80ish...to 4th gear and it puts the engine right in the sweet spot around 4000 rpm. Just don't try to grab too low of a gear and all is good.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual tranmission, rev match, whine noise