Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #29
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
I would like to try the replace TCM function in the scanner and swap my stock TCM back in and then swap the new one back in, but this time make sure I am connected to the internet.

It may be that HP Tuners is syncing your TCM with your VIN# specific solenoid calibrations that why you need the internet when you do the replace TCM function, I don't think I had internet when I did mine and I remember it giving me some kind of message that something failed or went wrong but it was basically ok and I could try it, I forgot what it was.

Problem is I hate taking off the front fascia to get to the TCM.

And as for the WOT shift MPH matching the part throttle 100% mph. This has never caused an issue for me and I personally believe its just something people here and pass it along to others when they have WOT shifting issues. The hardest point when trying to do WOT shifts is making sure you don't hit the rev limiter. You want to make the rev limiter extreme limit as far up as safe for the motor and valvetrain, I have also adjusted the acceleration/rpm limit parameters to try to make it where it doesn't pull throttle or timing to early as it monitors the rate of RPM rise in anticipating of overshooting the exteme cutoff limit.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #30
f.d

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I would like to try the replace TCM function in the scanner and swap my stock TCM back in and then swap the new one back in, but this time make sure I am connected to the internet.

It may be that HP Tuners is syncing your TCM with your VIN# specific solenoid calibrations that why you need the internet when you do the replace TCM function, I don't think I had internet when I did mine and I remember it giving me some kind of message that something failed or went wrong but it was basically ok and I could try it, I forgot what it was.

Problem is I hate taking off the front fascia to get to the TCM.

And as for the WOT shift MPH matching the part throttle 100% mph. This has never caused an issue for me and I personally believe its just something people here and pass it along to others when they have WOT shifting issues. The hardest point when trying to do WOT shifts is making sure you don't hit the rev limiter. You want to make the rev limiter extreme limit as far up as safe for the motor and valvetrain, I have also adjusted the acceleration/rpm limit parameters to try to make it where it doesn't pull throttle or timing to early as it monitors the rate of RPM rise in anticipating of overshooting the exteme cutoff limit.
You need internet 100% all the time, and be sure good internet.
Always resync Interface.

And very very important: full charged battery or you will have Code: U0101 lost comincation with TCM.
f.d is offline   Reply With Quote