Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
MR.1LE

Drives: 2019 1LE
Your thoughts on driving hard on the street?

I have a friend with an exotic car and rode with him a couple of times..he drives like a maniac. His theory is "I have to make use of all that power that is what the car is made for". I don't mind sudden bursts of power but when in and out of traffic on the highway taking extremely fast turns now that makes me nervous. My thoughts is he should run it on a track am I wrong or getting too old for this? I love my 1LE and feeling that power while driving is awesome. But that doesn't mean I have to be driving like I'm in the Indianapolis 500..If I really wanted to experience what the car is capable of I would just track it.
Thoughts?
MR.1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
I Love to drive my SS everywhere..what I don't like are the f'tards who ruin it by talking on their cell or just being an arse...they I relish waking up...and I save my high speed antics for when nobody is around...your buddy is a butt head and is gonna get somebody hurt or worse.

L8tr

PEACE
Old 09-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I like an occasional blast WOT but sounds like your friend drive like a jackass. I have a friend like that as well, alot of us refuse to ride with him because he drives like a man possessed.

My mustang was by no means fast, but it was the fastest car out of my friends at the time I had it and they were all shocked how slow I drove. I drove it everyday, and took it to the strip 2 or 3 weekends per month. I knew how fast it was and if I wanted to go fast I went to the track.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You just gotta wait for Darwinism to work it out.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.1LE View Post
I have a friend with an exotic car and rode with him a couple of times..he drives like a maniac. His theory is "I have to make use of all that power that is what the car is made for". I don't mind sudden bursts of power but when in and out of traffic on the highway taking extremely fast turns now that makes me nervous. My thoughts is he should run it on a track am I wrong or getting too old for this? I love my 1LE and feeling that power while driving is awesome. But that doesn't mean I have to be driving like I'm in the Indianapolis 500..If I really wanted to experience what the car is capable of I would just track it.
Thoughts?
If he wants to make use of full capability of his exotic, the only place to do that is a track.

But odds are, he'll run out of skill before the car hits its limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
You just gotta wait for Darwinism to work it out.
Problem is, when you drive like an idiot you've got about as good a chance of killing someone else as yourself.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #6
MR.1LE

Drives: 2019 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I like an occasional blast WOT but sounds like your friend drive like a jackass. I have a friend like that as well, alot of us refuse to ride with him because he drives like a man possessed.

My mustang was by no means fast, but it was the fastest car out of my friends at the time I had it and they were all shocked how slow I drove. I drove it everyday, and took it to the strip 2 or 3 weekends per month. I knew how fast it was and if I wanted to go fast I went to the track.
I agree 100% cool guy but yes drives like a jackass like out to prove something. I also drive slow. I like some of you here like that short burst of power when no one around or taking some fast turns again when no one around..Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Before writing this post I told him how I felt because he is always wanting me to go with him to car events. He was cool about it and said he wouldn't do it again with me in the car. But of course he was trying to justify his actions...

Last edited by MR.1LE; 09-16-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: adding video
MR.1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
not a good idea. these days in general i think people are driving faster on the streets than they use to. i think it might be one thing to open a car up on a highway when no one is around , for short bursts, but not in the city even on the freeway.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Just let him know if he doesn't stop for the black and tan we'll just go and wait at his house with the felony charge.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #9
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
the camaro is a blast to drive even being a 50 year old man it brings the kid out in me i have to restrain myself constantly.
i have a cdl and driving is my lively hood.reckless driving in nc can carry jail time.plus i'll lose my job.
save it for auto-crossing or the track we have enough a-holes not paying attention texting and driving it's more unsafe now than ever!

Last edited by lemontwist; 09-16-2019 at 08:13 PM.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #10
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
During my LEO career I covered a fair number of fatal accidents with the majority of the crashes equal in number when it came to cause... alcohol and or excessive speed. Many times the driver of the offending vehicle would live but claim the life of and innocent person or persons. The most difficult part of my job was going to someone's home and giving them that terrible news, their son or daughter was deceased. You can not even imagine how their lives were instantly destroyed. I knew exactly how they felt for a fellow officer had to inform me one cold Friday evening that my daughter and her two cousins were deceased. A young college student was driving beyond conditions and T-boned their car. The girls were 15, 16 and 17. They were on their way home from shopping and having an ice cream at Deering Ice Cream when the crash occurred at 2026 hours.

Please don't get me wrong or misunderstand what I am saying. Like many of you I enjoy a fast car. Matter of fact one of my collateral jobs was assisting with EVOC training. Emergency Vehicle Operation Course for the LEO. I was involved in a good number of high speed pursuits and some that I had to discontinue because pedestrians, heavy traffic or the offending driver was going to die before he stopped.

There is a place for displaying all that power and we all love the feeling of that power but we have to stand back and think... "what if it was my child"? When they are standing in a court of law charged with vehicular manslaughter and being sentenced to State Prison for a number of years they wish they could relive that moment.... it's to late then.

Don't destroy your families life by getting into a car with that individual.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #11
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Family gatherings and reunions are a joyous time to reconnect but not at a funeral home.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #12
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
His car should be crushed and he should be forced to watch.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #13
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Family gatherings and reunions are a joyous time to reconnect but not at a funeral home.
With such few words you nailed it! Thank you.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #14
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Putting other people's lives at risk is complete and utter foolishness. Your friend is an A-1 idiot!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote