Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #15
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre_baril View Post
I am still considering buying the aFe magnetic ride delete kit and buying 4 new normal shock for 130$CAN each. The front are probably going to fail very soon too, so not sure what I will do yet. I have all the options at least.
I'm curious, what dampers are you thinking of getting for that cheap? I would be very surprised if there was one that costs so little the would give you the MRC Track mode equivalent feel you wanted while keeping your OE springs.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
alexandre_baril

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Yeah, dealer sounds a bit overpriced. For reference, 84219920 should be the part number for the LH side, and 84219921 should be the number for the RH side.

I'm not too sure what retailers you'll have available in Canada, but I did find you can get these parts for about 400$CAN each on ebay.ca so that seems more reasonable? Not sure how rockauto.com works for Canada either, but they might be a good resource as well. Google is actually pretty good if you search for one of those part numbers. I'd think filtering for .ca websites might even be useful for that?

Once you have dampers, are you planning to install yourself or take it to a dealer/shop to have them installed?

I ordered from RockAuto finally, they were the least expensive even for Canada. If you choose Fedex as the carrier, they include all taxes and duties. Hope I ordered the good thing hahaha. Is it easy to install? I mean my local shop should be able to do the replacement easily? Anything special to know? Thank you every one, I think it is better to just keep using electronic damper.

ACDELCO 84219920 Shock Absorber (8708.80.3000)CAD$ 349.92CAD$

ACDELCO 84219921 Shock Absorber (8708.80.3000)CAD$ 345.70CAD$
alexandre_baril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #17
alexandre_baril

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
I'm curious, what dampers are you thinking of getting for that cheap? I would be very surprised if there was one that costs so little the would give you the MRC Track mode equivalent feel you wanted while keeping your OE springs.

I was looking at OEM Camaro SS damper on Camaro w/o magnetic ride. In any case, I just ordered electronic damper, see my post above. I think it is better that way.
alexandre_baril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #18
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandre_baril View Post
I was looking at OEM Camaro SS damper on Camaro w/o magnetic ride. In any case, I just ordered electronic damper, see my post above. I think it is better that way.
Gotcha. Yeah I agree. OE MR damper is the way to go.

As for the install it's pretty straightforward and any competent shop should be able to do it. Only extra step is to plug in the damper lol. Also have to make sure the ride height sensor doesn't get over-extended or otherwise broken during the process, but other than those two things it's exactly like installing it in any other car.

Tags
magnetic, mrc, shocks, strut