Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
E-Force - Having trouble getting the tune to work

My car has been in the shop since Monday getting an e-force s/c installed. The install went easy (my shop has done many), but, getting the car tuned has been a nightmare, and edelbrock hasn't been terribly responsive.

Has anyone had issues using the efi tuner on their eforce/A8 6th gen? The car basically wont run at all when it senses the additional air created by the s/c.

This has been super frustrating.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
That's strange. I had no issues with mine and Edelbrock was always very quick to respond when I have needed anything. However email is the quickest way to get them from my experience.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
I have an auto, I believe I had the first auto kit installed. Installer said it took 4 different programs from Edelbrock before he was satisfied. But still check engine light comes on giving me a p0121 throttle position sensor code. Which will turn off after a few cycles of running the car. What got me upset is a couple of days ago, I got a Reduced Engine Power fault. This is when I called Edelbrock. Toffer is going to send another program. Think it is time to take her in an have it done by someone I know, on a dyno. The car runs great and I am happy with the performance, but these error codes are not acceptable.

Last edited by E-Ray; 02-19-2017 at 05:43 PM.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
When you say efi tuner, are you talking about the SCT handheld unit that comes with the kit or something else?

If it's the included tune, hopefully your shop is following the instructions on how to send the stock tune in and loading the returned tune from Edelbrock.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #5
cleoent

Shop is using hand held tuner that came with kit. And they are super experienced so understand how to pull stock tune and flash.

The tunes from eb are just not working. Total disaster.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Sorry to hear that, been very happy with my Maggie and hope you get yours lined out.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #7
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
The car basically wont run at all when it senses the additional air created by the s/c.

This has been super frustrating.
Not really a disaster, but it sure feels like one. You'll get there. Most things like this wind up being something simple, soliciting a face palm when it's found.

Perhaps it isn't the tune. If the TMAP or MAP sensor wring isn't hooked up/going buggy, then it may be a problem.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
cleoent

Edelbrock called me today to inform me that they think they have the issue fixed. They've sent a proper tune to my installer. Crossing my fingers!
Old 02-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
Atomic Ed

Quote:
Edelbrock called me today to inform me that they think they have the issue fixed. They've sent a proper tune to my installer. Crossing my fingers!
Good to hear! We would be curious to know what Edelbrock's solution was to the problem.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #10
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
I had a custom tune on mine. not a problem so far (knock on wood)

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #11
cleoent

Got the car back. It's pouring rain here, so not much I could do, BUT, good lord, the power is insane, everywhere. 4th gear 20 mph gets you wheel spin on the wet roads.

The problem ended up being a perfect storm of issues that should only be unique to me. I may butcher up the reasoning, but, EFI / Edelbrock have a tuning process that is unique to edelbrock. EFI changed something on their end, and Edelbrock didn't have the right workflows internally to adjust to that change. It took them a while to realize the change, and once that happened, the issue was resolved quickly and the proper tune was sent to my installer. This process should now be fixed, and no one else should have the issue moving forward.

My installer, Luke @ blu808 in San Jose, Ca, was incredible throughout the entire process and walked me off the cliff a few times. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #12
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Got the car back. It's pouring rain here, so not much I could do, BUT, good lord, the power is insane, everywhere. 4th gear 20 mph gets you wheel spin on the wet roads.

The problem ended up being a perfect storm of issues that should only be unique to me. I may butcher up the reasoning, but, EFI / Edelbrock have a tuning process that is unique to edelbrock. EFI changed something on their end, and Edelbrock didn't have the right workflows internally to adjust to that change. It took them a while to realize the change, and once that happened, the issue was resolved quickly and the proper tune was sent to my installer. This process should now be fixed, and no one else should have the issue moving forward.

My installer, Luke @ blu808 in San Jose, Ca, was incredible throughout the entire process and walked me off the cliff a few times. I can't recommend them enough.
Sounds great, keep us posted how she does after you get some miles on it.

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #13
Atomic Ed

You're gonna love it when you get a chance to stretch it out.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
If the car is totally put together correctly..

Put the car back to stock tune...

Delete the tunes on the hand held..

update the Device at SCT.com those guys will walk you through it if you cant figure it out.. Sometimes you need to update a driver for the USB so it sees the hand held.

Download at SCT there latest software for the device and for the PC that you will put the tune on the car with..

download the tune from edelbrock talk with Ed by phone I have never in my life not picked up the phone and been able to talk to that old timer! or calibrations@edelbrock.com

transfer tune file to SCT tuner.. there will be 3 depending on octane

follow direction on tuner screen to load tune to cars computer.

if this doesn't work you missed a step or screwed something up on the install..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote