Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-25-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
What are your Bose stereo settings?

I have been fiddling around with the stock Bose stereo in my 2SS for a week or so and I can't quite seem to find the sweet spot. So I'm curious, for all of you with the Bose system, how do you have it set up? Currently I'm at +4 Bass, no change with Mid Range, and +4 Treble (from the default stock settings with Bass, Mid Range, and Treble all in the middle). I also have the Fade -2 so more sound coming from the rear.

I want to like this sound system, but so far I have been underwhelmed. How are you guys getting the most out of the stock set up?
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I have a friend that's really accomplished with bose and he set it up this way and it does sound about the best for me :
Bass and mid one notch plus from middle
Treble mid

Fader one tap to the front.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
suzook

Drives: camaro
Its gonna be different for everyone. We all have different opinions on what sounds "good". My entire life, I have always cut mids dramatically on every system I have had.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
The fronts are supposed to sound a little louder than the rears, you always face a concert's soundstage, right?
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Door Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
The fronts are supposed to sound a little louder than the rears, you always face a concert's soundstage, right?
My door speakers in the front on my 2SS seem to be much quieter than the dash and back seat door speakers. Is this normal? I've played with the fade and this always seem to be the case.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #6
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
My door speakers in the front on my 2SS seem to be much quieter than the dash and back seat door speakers. Is this normal? I've played with the fade and this always seem to be the case.
The front door speakers are bass.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
The front door speakers are bass.
Thanks. Good to know. Definitely makes things sound a little different than other cars.
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #8
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I have a friend that's really accomplished with bose and he set it up this way and it does sound about the best for me :
Treble mid

This worked out good. Thanks Glen.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:33 AM   #9
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have bass and treble just a bit above mid-level
middle is just around the middle

fader is way to the back so that you can just barely hear the rear speakers along with the front rather than only being able to hear the front. Volume, high enough that you can't hear the outside world.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #10
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Bass and treble need to set much higher than mid, otherwise it sounds too dull, no depth to it. Think of it as a curve, bass and treble towards the top on the endsm and mid range in the middle, creates a nice curve, my fader it set 1 in favor of the front, perfect.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Treble mid

What's his connection with Bose?
gblaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #12
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Bass and treble need to set much higher than mid, otherwise it sounds too dull, no depth to it. Think of it as a curve, bass and treble towards the top on the endsm and mid range in the middle, creates a nice curve, my fader it set 1 in favor of the front, perfect.
So what are your settings? How many clicks from the middle for the bass treble and mid?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
The amp has it's own equalizer bias built in so even if your head unit is set to flat, it's not going to be flat at the speakers and to your ears. On top of the pre-processing that the music track itself has been under to make the song sound the way designed. I think bose has balanced the sound pretty good for it's own speakers so I dont feel there is any need to augment it more (at least for the music i've been listening to).

My system sounded completely biased to the front at dead center fade. Can't even hear that I have any speakers except the front in that configuration. Dropping the fade back and kicking volume up fills the cabin in a more fuller sound than only hearing audio from the much smaller front dash speakers.

Not sure what bose has stuffed under the dash but they look to be 4" speakers and while bose can drive tiny speakers plenty loud. I like using the larger rear ones to fill in what the tiny fronts dont seem to provide.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
JonGSA

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
I'm still messing with my settings yet, but on the way home from work yesterday, I actually liked the sound a hair better when I pushed the fade to the front more. I think it cut out the rears a bit and made it sound like it was ALL coming from the doors/dash. But it could of been the song too. Im not 100% sure.

If i had one more request from Chevy, it would of been to give us more flexibilty with the soundstage and DSP. The way it is, is not everyones cup of tea....but it does remind me of the center speaker setup from a 67 camaro. haha
JonGSA is offline   Reply With Quote