Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #29
MTSS1LE

Drives: 2007 C6 Z06
So there are two ways to go about this problem.

Either you can keep the ride height sensors connected which means they'd continue sending their varying voltage signals to the car as the suspension ride height varies. This in turn will send a supply current to the MRC shocks when it needs to be activated. You'll need a large resistor with a heat sink to dissipate this current through heat. This is how the KW system works, this is how the DIY solution works. There is no risk of the "blowing your circuit". The ride height sensors are sending the same output voltages and current it'd normally be sending irregardless of whether the MRC shocks or the DSSV's are installed.

The other approach is disconnecting the ride height sensors as well and replacing it with a smaller resistor that mimics the same resistance so the car won't complain. The benefit of this is the car shouldn't be sending as much current to the MRC as there is no input from the ride height sensors. This means you can use a smaller resistor for the MRC delete side.

Either approach works perfectly. I still don't see why they cost $300+. The R&D i did to find the right resistance involved a cheapo multi-meter and 5 minutes of my time. I also did terribly in my circuits class in college so its not like I'm a Sparky genius.
MTSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #30
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
You get the FEA sway bars on yet? Any track time yet?
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:43 PM   #31
MTSS1LE

Drives: 2007 C6 Z06
Last time i checked the parts stores were waiting on GM to open manufacturing back up. Did anyone have any luck getting parts from them? And all the events around here are closed for the foreseeable future so I've only been canyon cruising so far. I have brackets ready to go for some recaro pole positions but waiting for them to start taking orders too and I'm looking at getting some wheels/tires. Been eyeing Apex FL-5 18x10.5 et22 square with a 20 mm spacer up front and Hankook Rs-4 285/35's. Just trying to keep busy and keep my sanity...
MTSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote