Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southwest

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
FRESHSS
@MickJones_808

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS A8
Moving to Hawaii!

I didn’t see many post about forum members in Hawaii on here so i figured i would start one of my own. I’m currently stationed in Texas but I’m moving to Hawaii this May, it’s like a dream come true for me & my family but with me being a car guy i have a feeling that I’m not gonna be able to go play as much as i can here in Texas but I’m still looking forward to it. How many guys here on the forum are in Hawaii? And how’s the car scene over there? I posted a few pics of my car below. I can’t wait to get there!
Attached Images

'16 Camaro 2SS A8 | 22" Giovanna Spira Flow Formed Wheels | Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 (265/30ZR22 Front; 285/30ZR22 Rear) | GM Darkened Tail Lights | GM Clear Sidemarkers | DiodeDyamics LED Sidemarker Lights (Clear Front/Red Rear) | Suggery LED Turn Signal Lights | Paint corrected with Chemical Guys products | CQuartz Ceramic Coating | More mods coming soon.....
Follow my build on Instagram @ MickJones_808
FRESHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 AM   #2
goman08

Drives: 2018 2SS
Hey man, this is my first post here...but I'm on Oahu and just got my 2SS a couple weeks ago.
goman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Congrats on the Camaro. Good luck getting people to talk on this site.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHSS View Post
I didn’t see many post about forum members in Hawaii on here so i figured i would start one of my own. I’m currently stationed in Texas but I’m moving to Hawaii this May, it’s like a dream come true for me & my family but with me being a car guy i have a feeling that I’m not gonna be able to go play as much as i can here in Texas but I’m still looking forward to it. How many guys here on the forum are in Hawaii? And how’s the car scene over there? I posted a few pics of my car below. I can’t wait to get there!
E komo mai! There are a few of us here on the forums.

Ironic; Maui has been my home for over 35 years and I hope to retire in Texas in a few years. Hawaii is an awesome place to live; great people and great beauty, big fish and big waves. However, the cost of living and taxes etc. here are outrageous and there are no road courses. That is the trade off.

There is a car culture here but no where near the scale of Texas. No COTA, no TMS, no Texas Mile. Most of the clubs get together on a regular basis. There are SCCA solo events on all of the major islands. The drag strip and road course on Oahu were shut down years ago. Maui, Kauai and Big Island still have really nice strips and a fairly large drag racing community.

There are some amazing stretches of twisty mountain tarmac here on all of the islands. Big Island is wide open, Maui traffic has become more of an issue over the last 5-10 years and Oahu traffic is horrendous. Timing is everything. Time of day and time of year. There are a lot more cars on the road here between Christmas and late April and late June until September. You have to pick and choose your time of day.

I'm blessed. I don't complain too often.

Last edited by waterman; 03-25-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: ommision
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #5
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman08 View Post
Hey man, this is my first post here...but I'm on Oahu and just got my 2SS a couple weeks ago.
Welcome to the forums.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:08 AM   #6
goman08

Drives: 2018 2SS
Are the GM blackout taillights and DD smoked sidemarker legal in Hawaii? They all say DOT on them but I just want to make sure
goman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Are the GM blackout taillights and DD smoked sidemarker legal in Hawaii? They all say DOT on them but I just want to make sure
The GM dark taillights are legal. The tinted sidemarkers technically are illegal. I have the oracle paint matched summit white markers, which also technically are illegal.

I had them on my IOM 2010 SS. I was never hassled about them. The sidemarkers need to "reflect" the daylight, so once again tinted sidemarkers are "technically" illegal in all 50 states.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #8
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
I am not in Hawaii, but I love your car. What are those wheels ?

Flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHSS View Post
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:45 PM   #9
FRESHSS
@MickJones_808

Quote:
Congrats on the Camaro man! i'm on island now & loving life so far.
'16 Camaro 2SS A8 | 22" Giovanna Spira Flow Formed Wheels | Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 (265/30ZR22 Front; 285/30ZR22 Rear) | GM Darkened Tail Lights | GM Clear Sidemarkers | DiodeDyamics LED Sidemarker Lights (Clear Front/Red Rear) | Suggery LED Turn Signal Lights | Paint corrected with Chemical Guys products | CQuartz Ceramic Coating | More mods coming soon.....
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #10
FRESHSS
@MickJones_808

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
E komo mai! There are a few of us here on the forums.

Ironic; Maui has been my home for over 35 years and I hope to retire in Texas in a few years. Hawaii is an awesome place to live; great people and great beauty, big fish and big waves. However, the cost of living and taxes etc. here are outrageous and there are no road courses. That is the trade off.

There is a car culture here but no where near the scale of Texas. No COTA, no TMS, no Texas Mile. Most of the clubs get together on a regular basis. There are SCCA solo events on all of the major islands. The drag strip and road course on Oahu were shut down years ago. Maui, Kauai and Big Island still have really nice strips and a fairly large drag racing community.

There are some amazing stretches of twisty mountain tarmac here on all of the islands. Big Island is wide open, Maui traffic has become more of an issue over the last 5-10 years and Oahu traffic is horrendous. Timing is everything. Time of day and time of year. There are a lot more cars on the road here between Christmas and late April and late June until September. You have to pick and choose your time of day.

I'm blessed. I don't complain too often.
I actually didn't mind the bigger cities in texas, i wouldn't mind moving to dallas, Houston, or Austin myself but i was in a smaller city with barely anything to do. I'm on island now and it's definitely a big change from what i was used to. I don't miss where i was at but i do miss all the events and those long open roads
Old 07-31-2018, 06:51 PM   #11
FRESHSS
@MickJones_808

Quote:
I have the GM smoked taillights and GM clear side marker lenses with white bulbs in front & red on the rear. I haven't been pulled over yet & I've had multiple cops staring at the car, especially the rear. I guess they like a nice rear.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #12
FRESHSS
@MickJones_808

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
I am not in Hawaii, but I love your car. What are those wheels ?

Flaps
They're the Giovanna Spira FF. They're Flow Formed and a few pounds lighter than the stock 20" wheels