Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-20-2024, 04:24 AM   #1
Elgeweily

Drives: 2015 V6 LT (RS Package) Auto
Camaro 2015 A/C issue

Hi Everyone,

I have had trouble with this car A/C since I bought it 5 years ago, replaced the compressor 2 times, replaced the evaporator, and bypassed the heater, but still when the heat of the summer hits hard in Dubai, the cooling is not good.

Lately I noticed that the compressor cycles on about 10 seconds and cycles off 10 seconds, is that normal in Dubai in the summer?

Also I noticed that the temperature dial has no effect on this compressor cycle, whether I set it to Max cold or Max hot, the compressor still works 10 seconds and shuts 10 seconds, is that normal? Now I understand that my heater is bypassed, so I don't get any hot air when I set it to hot, but still the compressor should work less when its set to hot and more when it is set to cold, right?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Elgeweily; 04-20-2024 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Typo
Elgeweily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:03 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Have you read the reams of material on Camaro blend door issues? But since you bypassed the heater core, I supposed even a broken door shouldn't matter. Unless having a door that isn't in the proper position might be letting too much warm air from the sun beating down on the dashboard. Not sure about that though.

However, a short cycling compressor is a sign of low refrigerant. On Tuesday, I will be able to confirm whether my SAME issue can be corrected by adding R134 and servicing the AC system.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:21 AM   #3
Indian_Mack

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LT
I was having a similar issue on my 13 camaro. My shop replaced the expansion valve and the issue went away. If the expansion valve isn't working correctly, it can make the system act like there's not enough coolant.
Indian_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 09:49 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian_Mack View Post
I was having a similar issue on my 13 camaro. My shop replaced the expansion valve and the issue went away. If the expansion valve isn't working correctly, it can make the system act like there's not enough coolant.
First I’ve heard this. Very good to know.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:59 AM   #5
Elgeweily

Drives: 2015 V6 LT (RS Package) Auto
I forgot to mention that I just recently flushed and refilled the coolant....so this can't be the issue.....so I get from your responses that what I am having is a short compressor cycle, but that doesn't explain why it's not affected by the temperature dial.....could there be something faulty that prevents the climate control setting from controlling the compressor cycle, like it could be stuck on a medium setting, regardless of what I set it to?
Elgeweily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gen5 a/c