Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2021, 05:06 AM   #15
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
SWRocket:

When I got my upgrade, the installer said the following about how bright his brands of speakers were:

Brightest: Hertz
Middle: Focal
Darkest: Morel

I wound up going with the Morel Virtus Nano Carbon 2 way components in the front and the 6.5 coax in the rear seat side panels. I love midrange, so I would consider the 3 ways, but that would involve some type of A pillar install, I believe.

It turns out that the tuner started out with the Morels way too bright, and after an hour tuning session, after pushing and pushing him, we got the midrange right, and I find the high treble just a little too low now, and the mid-bass needing a little improvement, if possible.

ZL1 vert stereo upgrade

Morel has 2 and 3 way components in non-carbon fiber as well, as well as several levels of speakers. I'm happy with mine now after tuning.
Thanks Plasar. I read your build thread and I do love Morel.
One question, I see you have a Helix with a URC, as do I (P-SIX MKII + P-ONE) and I'm curious where you have it installed. I'm really having a hard time finding a good spot for it.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #16
SteelAZ

Drives: Chevy camaro
Awesome looks! I was just about to do the same with mine, same brands and all. What was ballpark of about what you spent? Any idea how much weight you added to the car? Thanks!
SteelAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #17
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Lightbulb Under dash to right of steering wheel...

SWRocket:

The Helix URC is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel with just double sided tape holding it there. I agree with you, I don't know the best place to put it.

Left knob is the input gain.
Right knob is subwoofer volume.
The center button switches between the 2 saved profiles.

I wonder if this is assignable or fixed, and if yours is the same?

Update: Sorry for shitty pic & dirty carpet - this is my URC location. I can see it and reach it easily from the drivers seat, but it's pretty unobtrusive, and it can quickly be returned to stock, as opposed to some other fixed dash mounting location.
Attached Images

Last edited by Plasar; 04-26-2021 at 08:10 AM.
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:34 AM   #18
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
SWRocket:

The Helix URC is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel with just double sided tape holding it there. I agree with you, I don't know the best place to put it.

All the buttons are assignable in the software. Although, I'm only using the config switch for now because I've had issues using the master volume...
Attached Images

2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:14 AM   #19
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Thumbs up

Thx a million SWRocket!
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:33 PM   #20
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
SWRocket:

Update: Sorry for shitty pic & dirty carpet - this is my URC location. I can see it and reach it easily from the drivers seat, but it's pretty unobtrusive, and it can quickly be returned to stock, as opposed to some other fixed dash mounting location.
I think mine does like 6 presets. They have my knob mounted on the dash right next to the dimmer switch. I didn’t even notice it was there until they told me lol. Unfortunately you can not connect into the jl stuff by blue tooth without getting a 100 dollar pick up. Not sure if my work lap top will allow me to install the software on it to use the USB port. I might try and mess with it when I get home from out of town this weekend
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:11 PM   #21
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
SWRocket:

So I messed with the radio eq. It kinda cleaned it. It makes me feel better. Once I get into the dsp it will be bad ass. I know it’s in the eq now and not the speakers. I may pm you. lI have to say is there is no rattling in the car. This system is wild once I get control of it. The install base line is set up for rap type music.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote