Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #15
WorthFlorida

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Convertiable
My 2019 will make a buzz noise for a few seconds after a cold start. The butterfly's that close and open the exhaust bypass is probably the issue. There was a TSB to epoxy down the butterfly. Yours sound different and it continues which I never heard of. Definitely a dealer problem.

Last edited by WorthFlorida; 04-30-2021 at 12:40 PM.
WorthFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #16
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthFlorida View Post
My 2029 will make a buzz noise for a few seconds after a cold start. The butterfly's that close and open the exhaust bypass is probably the issue. There was a TSB to epoxy down the buttery's. Yours sound different and it continues which I never heard of. Definitely a dealer problem.
Wow, glad they are still making Camaros in the future!!!

Sorry.....couldn't resist!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #17
wolfdog

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
My 2029 will make a buzz noise for a few seconds after a cold start. The butterfly's that close and open the exhaust bypass is probably the issue. There was a TSB to epoxy down the buttery's. Yours sound different and it continues which I never heard of. Definitely a dealer problem.
you sure its not the flux capacitor?
wolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:55 PM   #18
WorthFlorida

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS Convertiable
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
you sure its not the flux capacitor?
No, it's the combobulator.
Anyway, I just started mine after sitting a week in storage and I got the same buzz noise but just for about a second. It sounds like it is the butterfly in the center of the exhaust pipe under the seats. It doesn't matter which mode it's in. I can have it in stealth mode via the settings, push the start button for five seconds without the foot on the brake to turn everything on and the actuators will move the butterflies to it positions for the mode and it will still buzz. It has been doing it for about a year. However, if the exhaust is hot, it barely does it or not at all. Since it is my weekend toy I'm not worried about.
WorthFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
No, it's the combobulator.
Anyway, I just started mine after sitting a week in storage and I got the same buzz noise but just for about a second. It sounds like it is the butterfly in the center of the exhaust pipe under the seats. It doesn't matter which mode it's in. I can have it in stealth mode via the settings, push the start button for five seconds without the foot on the brake to turn everything on and the actuators will move the butterflies to it positions for the mode and it will still buzz. It has been doing it for about a year. However, if the exhaust is hot, it barely does it or not at all. Since it is my weekend toy I'm not worried about.
Are you sure it isn't a frammished degronculator?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote