Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #57
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
So, I have sold my 2017 1SS. The Vroom process has been super smooth so far. I spoke to customer service with a few questions before beginning, and they were super friendly and helpful. It took seconds to get through, to an actual person!
I took the offer I posted above. It’s a thousand more than I paid for it back in 2017. I uploaded photos of my DL, reg, title, and actual mileage from odometer in the vehicle. They verified it in minutes, and sent me some e-sign docs to sign, which I read carefully, answered some additional questions, and then signed. They have already fedexed paperwork for me to sign, which customer service told me, will be to me by tomorrow evening. They even send a return Fedex envelope that is prepaid for me to send back some actual signatures, plus signed title. After they receive that, which should be a day or two later, they will call to schedule pick up at my house, by Saturday. They then will send a check, Fedex to me within 2-3 days of receiving the vehicle. I will video the whole pick up process, and my car, which is showroom condition. I had also read on line reviews for Vroom, before going forward with all of this.
I own my car outright, with 4646 miles on it, to be exact. Only additions were: Scotchguard 3M Pro film to nose, mirrors and bottom half of both sides of the car, plus GM paint matched rock guards.
I’ll pay off my Grand Cherokee with 11K of the money, then use the other 26K or so to buy a new 6M 2SS when the prices come back to earth. I’ll still be in the forums, as I’m going to get a new 2SS as soon the plants open, and then the prices start to get back to normal.

I’ll update with how this process all goes moving forward.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #58
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
So you give them your car and title, and they send you a check in 2-3 days.

Uh huh.

Like I said in a prior post: I’d insist they wire the money same day before I release the title or no deal.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #59
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
So you give them your car and title, and they send you a check in 2-3 days.

Uh huh.

Like I said in a prior post: I’d insist they wire the money same day before I release the title or no deal.
You have direct deposit offer, but it’s still after they see the vehicle in person. They need to see that what was presented on line is actually what they are getting. I did research on them through various websites. They are a legitimate option to sell your vehicle to, at least through multiple on line sources. I’ll let everyone know how this goes.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:17 PM   #60
Cocopuf

Drives: Chevy, bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
You have direct deposit offer, but it’s still after they see the vehicle in person. They need to see that what was presented on line is actually what they are getting. I did research on them through various websites. They are a legitimate option to sell your vehicle to, at least through multiple on line sources. I’ll let everyone know how this goes.
I sold my vw Tiguan to them about a year ago. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! They are wonderful to sell to. They paid off my bank within a few days. Just make sure you hold onto the bill of lading from the driver who is picking up your car
Cocopuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #61
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
“You have nothing to worry about”..... famous last words lol

I’m sure it’s ok but I just....... I’m too old fashioned I guess. I want my funds verified in my bank account before I put my signature on the title and give the keys to anyone.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #62
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
The biggest issue is that they don't commit to the payment until they verify the condition in person. Any number of things could happen between when it's loaded on the transport truck and when they actually view the car. If they come back with any claims that it isn't in the condition it was stated to be in or any other reason to drop the purchase price, what is your recourse? What do you if they have actually -damaged- your car since taking possession of it?

This is a MAJOR area of concern for me with these kinds of transactions.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:32 PM   #63
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopuf View Post
I sold my vw Tiguan to them about a year ago. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! They are wonderful to sell to. They paid off my bank within a few days. Just make sure you hold onto the bill of lading from the driver who is picking up your car
Thank you!
Old 05-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #64
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
The biggest issue is that they don't commit to the payment until they verify the condition in person. Any number of things could happen between when it's loaded on the transport truck and when they actually view the car. If they come back with any claims that it isn't in the condition it was stated to be in or any other reason to drop the purchase price, what is your recourse? What do you if they have actually -damaged- your car since taking possession of it?

This car is ridiculously clean. I am going to video the car, and photograph the car, inside and out, when it’s being picked up. I’ll make sure dates and times are visible. I’m doing that to protect myself if needed for anything, up to and including court. From what I’ve heard on line, and here, I’m feeling good about the process...but I’ll be a persistent pain in the ass when the car is picked up, to cover myself in every way. I’m good at that. 😂
Old 05-10-2021, 08:59 PM   #65
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I'd stick to just trading it in at a dealer or selling it to Carmax or a dealer.

It's just like those cell trade ins Samsung does. You send the phone in and they give you credit. Some people have perfect devices and they end up not getting any credit coming up with some excuse like "scratched" even though it's perfect.

All I know is there must be stupid people who go to places like Carmax and Vroom, Carvana to buy cars. I can get the same car at a dealer for about 2-3k less and trade in. My low miles 2016 2SS that I got last Sept was almost 4k more for similar car on those sites like Carmax and Carvana and had more miles.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #66
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
I have a Shadow Grey 2020 SS1LE with 1500 miles. Vroom offered me $37000... Seems very low.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:28 PM   #67
Cocopuf

Drives: Chevy, bmw
Quote:

That is what the bill of lading is for. Driver is responsible for filling out any damage they or the seller see, before transporting it to vroom. The moment the bill of lading is signed and sent back to vroom, they send the funds to you or the bank.They DO NOT make you wait until they receive the car
Cocopuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:03 PM   #68
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopuf View Post
That is what the bill of lading is for. Driver is responsible for filling out any damage they or the seller see, before transporting it to vroom. The moment the bill of lading is signed and sent back to vroom, they send the funds to you or the bank.They DO NOT make you wait until they receive the car
That’s good news. Thank you for clarifying that. I was assuming they would need to receive the car first, but the bill of lading makes sense. 👍🏻
Old 05-11-2021, 05:51 AM   #69
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I get the hesitancy with businesses like VROOM, but they have to be doing something right or they wouldn't be in business. If I was looking to sell my auto right now, I would seriously consider them as an option. Easier then listing it yourself, dealing with sellers coming over, wanting to take test drives, trying to lowball you... The biggest local dealer here by me has changed their business model to exactly like VROOM, CarMax... You go there, they look over your vehicle, they write you a check for your auto. You can take it or leave it, even if you don't buy a car from them. You pick an auto you want from them, you can use that check toward that auto if you so please. You have 7 days from the day you buy the new car to return it. If the dealers didn't think businesses like VROOM or CarMax were a threat, they certainly wouldn't be changing to the same model.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:54 AM   #70
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
I have a Shadow Grey 2020 SS1LE with 1500 miles. Vroom offered me $37000... Seems very low.
The 'value' part of their offers doesn't really show up until you're talking 2019 or older. The 2020 and 2021 cars are simply too new and still suffer the very heavy depreciation levels.

They are currently selling a 2019 2SS Convertible w/ 10k on it for $44k. That's "precariously close" to the price of buying a brand new one, so it doesn't make sense for them to buy -my- car for $43k-$44k because a new one would cost less once they add in their markup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I get the hesitancy with businesses like VROOM, but they have to be doing something right or they wouldn't be in business. If I was looking to sell my auto right now, I would seriously consider them as an option. Easier then listing it yourself, dealing with sellers coming over, wanting to take test drives, trying to lowball you... The biggest local dealer here by me has changed their business model to exactly like VROOM, CarMax... You go there, they look over your vehicle, they write you a check for your auto. You can take it or leave it, even if you don't buy a car from them. You pick an auto you want from them, you can use that check toward that auto if you so please. You have 7 days from the day you buy the new car to return it. If the dealers didn't think businesses like VROOM or CarMax were a threat, they certainly wouldn't be changing to the same model.
What is it, then, they they're doing right?

It appears they are about three years old and haven't turned a profit yet. Every earnings report is negative, and their guidance through the remainder of 2021 is that they will continue to lose money. This shows that they may still trying to buy their way into the market and/or set themselves up to be acquired.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote