Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #29
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
I ordered 4/7 and got an 1100 code. I had to put $1000 down.
I wasn’t concerned with the down payment as the salesman told me it would take 8-12 weeks and I’d have my car. I wasn’t aware at the time of how the chip shortage was affecting Camaro.

After ordering, and getting very excited about summer cruising with the top down, I found this forum and lost that excitement. I had no idea whatsoever about allocations and the ordering process until learning more here. I was very naive thinking if you wanted a vehicle you ordered it and it would arrive on a truck in a few weeks. That’s the way it worked when I was young anyways.

Should have realized that as time passes, nothing works like it used to.
I don’t want to be a debby downer but if I had stuck with my original dealer, they called me 2 weeks ago to let me know they have allocation for my build. I had a good laugh. I did the original order “build” May 2020. Fortunately for me, I was only out of $500.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #30
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I feel for you guys. Again if it wasnt for the chip shortage, things would be quite different. These are very strange times. Couple of years ago I wanted a ZL1, tried to order one, and at that time they were quite hard to get. Ended up finding one several states away and just went and got it. My local dealer lied about the fact they could get me one, for two months.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 PM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Doesn’t look like you will get your 2021 since GM closed the plant down again! Good luck!��
Old 05-12-2021, 09:02 PM   #32
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I feel for you guys. Again if it wasnt for the chip shortage, things would be quite different. These are very strange times. Couple of years ago I wanted a ZL1, tried to order one, and at that time they were quite hard to get. Ended up finding one several states away and just went and got it. My local dealer lied about the fact they could get me one, for two months.

Even before Covid Camaros, especially the SS and ZL1 where not super easy to find, at least a large selection at the dealers down here.

Chevy just doesn't care about the Camaro. It's not a popular car for them. They could care less if they start up production on it again.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote