Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #1
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Order Pushed Back Again

I know I know. The assembly plant is closed until at least the end of the month. Ordered my 21 2SS 1LE in mid February. Was at 3400 TPW 3/22. Been pushed back now to 3100 and new TPW 4/19. Anyone else get the shuffle backwards. I get chip and part shortages and the pandemic, fortunate to be to be healthy hope everyone else is, sad mass shootings and whacky politics. Waiting on a car is nowhere near a priority. Just wondering what others are doing? Just going to wait/Switch brands/Just forget about it? Autotrader only has about 5 red 21 A10 2SS 1LEs and none near Florida. Anyone going to settle for a non 1LE SS and get a regular SS or pay another $20k plus for a ZL1. Just curious what others are thinking or doing. Thanks and stay safe.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #2
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Screw it, you ordered what u wanted, get it.

Mine came in like lightning, but that is the exception not the rule. Me, I would wait and no way would I settle for a non 1LE.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Screw it, you ordered what u wanted, get it.

Mine came in like lightning, but that is the exception not the rule. Me, I would wait and no way would I settle for a non 1LE.
That's what I'm leaning towards. Thanks. I have the Vette in the meantime. I already had a ZL1, I miss that car and would get another one but $ wise I could only have the Vette or ZL1. With the 2SS 1LE I can keep the Vette too. I know it sounds weird but even with Employee Pricing there is a $20k difference between SS nd ZL1.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I know I know. The assembly plant is closed until at least the end of the month. Ordered my 21 2SS 1LE in mid February. Was at 3400 TPW 3/22. Been pushed back now to 3100 and new TPW 4/19. Anyone else get the shuffle backwards. I get chip and part shortages and the pandemic, fortunate to be to be healthy hope everyone else is, sad mass shootings and whacky politics. Waiting on a car is nowhere near a priority. Just wondering what others are doing? Just going to wait/Switch brands/Just forget about it? Autotrader only has about 5 red 21 A10 2SS 1LEs and none near Florida. Anyone going to settle for a non 1LE SS and get a regular SS or pay another $20k plus for a ZL1. Just curious what others are thinking or doing. Thanks and stay safe.
You ordered exactly what you want, just wait for it, the wait will be worth it in the long run... (I ordered my 2SS as well, glad I did, it is EXACTLY what I wanted...)
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
bryceb411

Drives: 142SS, 16C7Z512LT, 212SS1LE order
CKT227,
You are not alone. I ordered a 2SS 1LE in mid Feb also (2/19) from AZ. The Sat before the 3/15 shutdown I was at 3400 and TPW of 3/15. I just checked and now am back to 3100 and TPW 4/12/21. My dealer in AZ still says they are going to build and get it...if it really happens at all with april orders of 2022s and presumed july start of the 2022 builds. Now keep in mind I'm a negative engineer who works on problems all the time. This part shortage is not just microcircuits but caps and resistors and such too and is hitting all industries (I build spacecraft products). The first thing programs and companies do when you cant find the approved parts is pressure engineers to approve alternate parts which may or may not have long term consequences in use. I could either wait and hope or do something about it. I knew existing inventory around the country was going to dry up quick and I could get top dollar for my 2016 Vette Z51 2LT with 8500 miles now with the vette shortage too. So I started canvasing the country for 2SS 1LE or ZL1 non 1LE to get what I wanted. I really didnt need the 650 hp. but wanted Recaro and Mag Ride. I had to sacrifce on color from satin steel to white but just got back from driving to OK to bring back a 2SS 1LE. I can LPO the other features I had on my order. Good luck on your decision.
bryceb411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #6
SkySerpent

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange LT1 M6
I ordered mine mid-Jan (dealer submitted date) I have no TPW. (code 1000? but apparently its waiting in que at GM)

I cant really switch because no one else builds a decent quality Sports car that's naturally aspirated. Kinda have to wait and see what happens.

Was really hoping for a manual V8 this summer...
SkySerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceb411 View Post
CKT227,
You are not alone. I ordered a 2SS 1LE in mid Feb also (2/19) from AZ. The Sat before the 3/15 shutdown I was at 3400 and TPW of 3/15. I just checked and now am back to 3100 and TPW 4/12/21. My dealer in AZ still says they are going to build and get it...if it really happens at all with april orders of 2022s and presumed july start of the 2022 builds. Now keep in mind I'm a negative engineer who works on problems all the time. This part shortage is not just microcircuits but caps and resistors and such too and is hitting all industries (I build spacecraft products). The first thing programs and companies do when you cant find the approved parts is pressure engineers to approve alternate parts which may or may not have long term consequences in use. I could either wait and hope or do something about it. I knew existing inventory around the country was going to dry up quick and I could get top dollar for my 2016 Vette Z51 2LT with 8500 miles now with the vette shortage too. So I started canvasing the country for 2SS 1LE or ZL1 non 1LE to get what I wanted. I really didnt need the 650 hp. but wanted Recaro and Mag Ride. I had to sacrifce on color from satin steel to white but just got back from driving to OK to bring back a 2SS 1LE. I can LPO the other features I had on my order. Good luck on your decision.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I guess I will just wait it out. Crazy car market now. Bought my 19 Vette in summer of 19. Traded in my ZL1 (that car was unreal). Missed the ZL1 so went to trade in the Vette summer of 2020. Offered like $54 or $55k on trade. Walked away. Did the KBB local dealer will buy it, get your offer a few weeks back. $64-$65k was the offer sight unseen. Enjoy the new ride and Vette.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #8
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
I ordered mine in December 2019. Was built 3/9/20 never made it to the dealer until July. It was worth the wait. Like what 3.8TransAm said, don’t settle for a none 1le. I was temped yo look else where while I was waiting but kept the faith. It was a long wait but it was worth getting exactly what I wanted. Mark my words you will love the 1LEand you will be glad you held out. Good luck.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
Soon2be 21SS

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a 2ss convertible jan12 and as of today still 3400. Did the same thing of checking out existing inventory and could not find anything suitable. The main thing I’m holding out for are the upgraded brakes with six piston calipers. As of today I am still going to hold out with my fingers crossed. Next possibility I assume will be it might have to be changed to a 2022. Good luck with your decision
Soon2be 21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #10
bryceb411

Drives: 142SS, 16C7Z512LT, 212SS1LE order
well now they are closed for another two weeks and the mid size truck plant is down too and may move up the shut down for 2022 change over. I'm guessing the same thing is going to happen to the camaros. I'm still getting responses on other 2SS 1LEs I found if anyone wants to know where they are since I already found mine. TN might be the closest for FL (CKT227) and ZL1 non 1LE in GA. good luck whatever you decide
bryceb411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #11
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
I ordered a 1SS1LE in early March and I'm holding out for it, and if it turns into being a 22 so be it. I regret what I did 8 years ago which was not getting a 1LE optioned car, of course the dealer/salesperson didn't help make things better, but that's a story for another time. I'd wait and the worse that could happen is you get one that's a 22 still a win
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:58 PM   #12
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
I ordered a 1SS1LE in early March and I'm holding out for it, and if it turns into being a 22 so be it. I regret what I did 8 years ago which was not getting a 1LE optioned car, of course the dealer/salesperson didn't help make things better, but that's a story for another time. I'd wait and the worse that could happen is you get one that's a 22 still a win
At this point, if I were you I'd want a '22, why not? (Unless they no longer make the color you want), 1 year newer model will hold value better for longer...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #13
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
At this point, if I were you I'd want a '22, why not? (Unless they no longer make the color you want), 1 year newer model will hold value better for longer...
Yeah, I don't care if it's a 22, same exact car, I might even change the color or just let it ride!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote