Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #113
Lou A
 
Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
My Phase 1 Red Hot M6 Coupe passed to 3000 SRE this morning. Castle Chevrolet in Villa Park has a second Phase 1 M6 ZL1 TRE 3000 that is Summit White (still up for grabs). GM rep promised Castle the cars by January. If you're interested ask for Zack and tell him Greg sent you!
I'm finding that hard to believe with everything I have been told but these are car dealers that we are talking about(they need to keep the lights on). Unless they just decided to release the phase one allocations. Anyway congrats and looks like you will be "first on the block" to have one. I was told I'm in the cue maybe I will get bumped up.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #114
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....
 
Cmyskill's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Tahoe LTZ, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Port St Lucie FLORIDA
Posts: 425
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
My Phase 1 Red Hot M6 Coupe passed to 3000 SRE this morning. Castle Chevrolet in Villa Park has a second Phase 1 M6 ZL1 TRE 3000 that is Summit White (still up for grabs). GM rep promised Castle the cars by January. If you're interested ask for Zack and tell him Greg sent you!
That is good news....3000 that is...
__________________
2017 ZL1 -- WHT - A10 - PDR - NAV
Mods: Kooks 2", Lingenfelter 9.17” 18% Pulley, CAI, E85 sensor, and Interceptor Wide-band & Gauge with Pod, 180 Thermostat, BMR Rear suspension parts.

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #115
jesusmetal777
noob
 
jesusmetal777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago west suburbs
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
I'm finding that hard to believe with everything I have been told but these are car dealers that we are talking about(they need to keep the lights on). Unless they just decided to release the phase one allocations. Anyway congrats and looks like you will be "first on the block" to have one. I was told I'm in the cue maybe I will get bumped up.
The day I put my down payment in at Castle (2 weeks ago), they said they only had one Phase 1 allocation. I just found out about their second TRE allocation today. It might not have been a "lock" for them two weeks ago but their sale to me might have sealed it (just a guess).

They're not the only dealer I talked to that had one allocation "up in the air." McCue in St Charles told me they had, for Phase 1, two guaranteed allocations and potentially a 3rd...contingent on who knows what. Have you talked to McCue? Any dealer that's telling you there are no Phase 1 allocations is (best case) tragically ignorant or (more likely) lying to you.
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #116
jesusmetal777
noob
 
jesusmetal777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago west suburbs
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
I challenged him on what I was told and he went in in his office and showed me the global connect order list and said this doesn't mean I have an allocation, there are 0 phase 1 allocation and the orders are phase two that's why it is going to take till April before I get the car.
Lou A I was reading a little higher up in this thread and noticed your post above. But check out the below from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
Very confusing how allocations work, Becky just posted in this week's constraints thread that ZL1 'Coupe' national availability is 0.
Indeed. In light of Becky's post and from what I have gathered in conversations with three dealers, allocations for the ZL1 are being handled differently than any other car. However, Becky did state this in a reply to me Tuesday about my order status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The allocation that a dealer would have available is only known to the dealer.

Becky
So it looks like a dealer can only see his/her own allocation(s), can't see if any other dealers have any, and can't even see a national count!
So whenever your dealer showed you " 0 " is the total national count for Phase 1 allocations, he was ignorant or lying to you. Ignorance is definitely excusable in the case, since GM is handling this car differently and dealers are (understanbly) busy with lots full of cars that already exist!

Now if you're wanting the A10 transmission, April '17 is reasonable. But for the M6 you shouldn't have to wait past January.
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:47 AM   #117
OminouSS

 
OminouSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Hot track candy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
I paid them a visit unannounced on Saturday. They ran a "Run Pass One" on the GM Order Workbench (see below). At least these guys were straight with me. They told me they've got one allocation locked in (I presume during consensus last Thu) and one customer who's getting it. They hope to get another this week but wouldn't guarantee it. If they get it they'll call me.

One of their sales managers told me that apparently, the Southeast allocations have been raided to favor the Northeast after recent storms rolled through. When I pressed him asking if it could be that his dealership lost out in favor of those selling more ZL1's, he pointed out that his dealerships sell a large number of high performance cars including Corvettes and Camaros. He claimed that noone in our region is getting allocations. I tend to believe him because they have a NASCAR Camaro sitting in their showroom with photo on it showing a recent winner circle photo of another Camaro with their dealership's name painted on it.

The Order Workbench printout seems to show thaty have no allocations in several areas for the next production period (10/03/2016 - 10/09/2016).


I hope it works out for you, bud..

Hey, there's always the damned internet! I wonder if anyone can do better if they build their car on-line? Sure won't have to worry about mark-ups!
__________________
Baby born 11/08/16. Left birthing place 11/25/16. Arrived home 12/6/16: '17 Red Hot ZL1. Stock.
OminouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:58 AM   #118
cwebster
Cal
 
Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport, NC
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I hope it works out for you, bud..

Hey, there's always the damned internet! I wonder if anyone can do better if they build their car on-line? Sure won't have to worry about mark-ups!
I've been checking the "Build & Price" tool on the Chevrolet site but the ZL1 hasn't shown up yet under the 2017 models. I doubt if we'll see it this year. When I ordered my 2014 1LE in late 2013 I had to plan my order based on the Order guide found on this forum... and that was a car already in production. If you recall, that was a year of design changes too.
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #119
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post


Please come back and join us again in with a new ZL1.

Glad to have you back in the house!!!


I know this might sound silly, but I really hate the tail lights on the Gen 6 Camaros. I so wish they'd stayed with the Gen 5 tail lights. That is one reason I'm thinking Z06.

I am still on the fence. I am going to wait until late winter or early spring to order, so I have time to read more reviews of the ZL1. If the Z06 will get the A10 transmission in 2018 I might just wait a bit longer for that.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #120
SoCal Racer
 
Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SoCal
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I know this might sound silly, but I really hate the tail lights on the Gen 6 Camaros. I so wish they'd stayed with the Gen 5 tail lights. That is one reason I'm thinking Z06.

I am still on the fence. I am going to wait until late winter or early spring to order, so I have time to read more reviews of the ZL1. If the Z06 will get the A10 transmission in 2018 I might just wait a bit longer for that.

I hear you on the tail lights. It takes a little getting used to...just like when the C7s came out with their new tail lights. My brother has a C7 Z06 and to be honest when we were at the dealership leaving my deposit for the ZL1, he parked right next to a new SS...and the tail lights look so similar, definitely aleast in the same family...lol....just his are clear, but shape/style, pretty much the same. So I am not sure either car will be good for you if you don't like the tail lights lol.

I went back and forth on the ZL1 vs Z06 options as well, not because of the tail lights (lol), but because of the cost. For the 1LZ Z06, with all discounts applied, since they have sooo many deals going on, I was looking at only around $8K more OTD over the ZL1 which did not have many discounts, since it is too new OTD. It is fairly close right now considering how much they both cost. I guess the gap will widen for those who wait a year or two to buy a ZL1 though. I was not willing to wait, life is too short. The sooner I buy this one...the sooner I can buy the next one I'll take that $8K I saved and put it away for the next one someday.
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #121
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
I hear you on the tail lights. It takes a little getting used to...just like when the C7s came out with their new tail lights. My brother has a C7 Z06 and to be honest when we were at the dealership leaving my deposit for the ZL1, he parked right next to a new SS...and the tail lights look so similar, definitely aleast in the same family...lol....just his are clear, but shape/style, pretty much the same. So I am not sure either car will be good for you if you don't like the tail lights lol.

I went back and forth on the ZL1 vs Z06 options as well, not because of the tail lights (lol), but because of the cost. For the 1LZ Z06, with all discounts applied, since they have sooo many deals going on, I was looking at only around $8K more OTD over the ZL1 which did not have many discounts, since it is too new OTD. It is fairly close right now considering how much they both cost. I guess the gap will widen for those who wait a year or two to buy a ZL1 though. I was not willing to wait, life is too short. The sooner I buy this one...the sooner I can buy the next one I'll take that $8K I saved and put it away for the next one someday.


I think the C7 tail lights look a lot like the Gen 5 Camaro tail lights. I see no similarity with the Gen 6 lights though. I think the Gen 6 taillights look they could be on just any old car and not a Camaro.

Yeah, I wish I could get ZL1 in a Gen5 body. THAT would be perfect.

I hear ya on saving $8k. It's taken me a few years to get enough money saved up to even consider another "toy" car. But I'd rather get exactly what I want even if I have to wait a little longer to save for it. The ZL1 is very tempting with that A10 tranny though!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #122
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher
 
LS6-M22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Spring Hill FL
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

Yeah, I wish I could get ZL1 in a Gen5 body. THAT would be perfect.
You can. Just search for 2012-2015 ZL1 on www.cars.com plenty show up
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #123
Lou A
 
Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
The day I put my down payment in at Castle (2 weeks ago), they said they only had one Phase 1 allocation. I just found out about their second TRE allocation today. It might not have been a "lock" for them two weeks ago but their sale to me might have sealed it (just a guess).

They're not the only dealer I talked to that had one allocation "up in the air." McCue in St Charles told me they had, for Phase 1, two guaranteed allocations and potentially a 3rd...contingent on who knows what. Have you talked to McCue? Any dealer that's telling you there are no Phase 1 allocations is (best case) tragically ignorant or (more likely) lying to you.
I spoke with Jackie at mc cue, they were one of the five dealers that told me that they skipped phase one. She was trying to get me in there and sell me aZl1 because they wanted my Audi that I'm trading. When 5 dealers tell you the exact same thing, you have a tendency to start to believe it's the truth.

Last edited by Lou A; 09-15-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #124
jesusmetal777
noob
 
jesusmetal777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago west suburbs
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
I spoke with Jackie at mc cue, they were one of the five dealers that told me that they skipped phase one. She was trying to get me in there and sell me aZl1 because they wanted my Audi that I'm trading. When 5 dealers tell you the exact same thing, you have a tendency to start to believe it's the truth.
No, I don't blame you at all. When you talked to Jackie at McCue did you bring up the "2 possibly 3 allocations" she told me about?
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #125
Lou A
 
Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusmetal777 View Post
No, I don't blame you at all. When you talked to Jackie at McCue did you bring up the "2 possibly 3 allocations" she told me about?
I mentioned that a customer of hers pointed me in there direction and he was given a phase one allocation and expects the car in January. She said that was a mistake and we won't be seeing the cars till March. Every time I speak with a dealer I can't help seeing Kurt Russell under his dash rolling back the odometer then putting the sign on his car saying low miles.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #126
jesusmetal777
noob
 
jesusmetal777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago west suburbs
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
I mentioned that a customer of hers pointed me in there direction and he was given a phase one allocation and expects the car in January. She said that was a mistake and we won't be seeing the cars till March. Every time I speak with a dealer I can't help seeing Kurt Russell under his dash rolling back the odometer then putting the sign on his car saying low miles.
Man, that stinks.

Back on the day I sealed the deal with Castle, I had an appointment still with Jackie at McCue that same afternoon. I knew I would be getting a call from her if I was a no-show so I went ahead and called her to cancel the appointment and owned up to the fact that I took my business elsewhere. Earlier on the phone she had told me she would take a refundable deposit, which was not was I was looking for, so I chalked my betrayal up to that. She tried nit-picking with me, and said "I would have offered you MSRP too!" but I deflected and was very deferential and apologetic with her. I even said "I've been talking to a lot of guys on [this] forum and I will be sure to send them your way" (with her two possibly three allocations).

And then she turns around and gives you this story. The nerve.

Dude, we'll get you into a Phase 1 at MSRP yet. Not sure if I mentioned it already in this thread but Castle has a second Phase 1 build that went to TRE 3000 yesterday and my salesman will gladly sell it to you at MSRP. Color is Summit White. If that's not your color, PM me the list of dealers you've scratched off your list and I'd be happy to help you out.
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.