Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-06-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
bptuner

Drives: 2018 zl1
mild bolt on advice.

Thinking of starting small and doing the following mods to my ZL1, I want to maximize power to cost of mods this is what I've come up with:

Lower balancer 15%
Lower Pulley 9.25(15%) or 9.45(18%) (open to input concern is heat).
intake
Mamo TB 87mm
LMP heat Exchanger core
One step colder plugs

CT has 1 gas station with E. So could add a flex fuel sensor but doubt ill run it much cause I'll have to order and store it (I know it help the engine run colder).

Thoughts?
bptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
All you need to know is Jannetti Racing Enterprises.

Do it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 06:58 PM   #3
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Yeah, call Ted at JRE. That'd be the recommendation from many no matter where you were located. Since you're in CT, that's an easy decision.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:24 AM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I would add LTs. You will be pushing more air in, to operate efficiently, you should flow more exhaust out.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:31 AM   #5
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Intake, exhaust and flex fuel. It’s a winning combination on the LT4. Even if you have to put a drum of e85 in the garage with a hand pump LOL.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:19 AM   #6
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

The Kit

The Video

Efficient HP gains without spinning the blower faster.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
Old 02-07-2023, 03:46 PM   #7
bptuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
I would add LTs. You will be pushing more air in, to operate efficiently, you should flow more exhaust out.
Yes, that would be maximizing the efficiency for sure. However for the cost I was avoiding them. would see what hollowing out the primary cats to open the air flow a bit since 2 sets of cats is overkill and very restrictive, plus no parts needed = cheaper!
Old 02-07-2023, 04:08 PM   #8
bptuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
The Kit

The Video

Efficient HP gains without spinning the blower faster.

Jannetty is conveniently close but looking at the package I don't see the $6600 value to power gains. I don't need a HP tuners unless I'm remote tuning (I had one for my ZR1 when I remote tuned with Fran@RPM, it was cool to view the log info) And I'm not looking to wire into the harness for the boost a pump. At that point ill add low side fuel and meth.

There is no issue with spinning the blower a little faster as long as your prepared for the increase in heat that will come from it. On E I'm betting these mods will net me close to 100 HP for half the cost plus the easy of install.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:26 PM   #9
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bptuner View Post
Jannetty is conveniently close but looking at the package I don't see the $6600 value to power gains. I don't need a HP tuners unless I'm remote tuning (I had one for my ZR1 when I remote tuned with Fran@RPM, it was cool to view the log info) And I'm not looking to wire into the harness for the boost a pump. At that point ill add low side fuel and meth.

There is no issue with spinning the blower a little faster as long as your prepared for the increase in heat that will come from it. On E I'm betting these mods will net me close to 100 HP for half the cost plus the easy of install.
Don't get discouraged if there are things in the kit that you want / don't want. It was just a suggestion. Give Ted a call, talk through your goals and budget and he'll hook you up.

YouTube
Old 02-07-2023, 06:17 PM   #10
bptuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Don't get discouraged if there are things in the kit that you want / don't want. It was just a suggestion. Give Ted a call, talk through your goals and budget and he'll hook you up.
Ill reach out and have a discussion with him, see if there is any flex in what he'll do.

Still open to hear from those with similar mods or any with data to support or debunk if a small budget build can net around/near 100 hp gain!!!
Old 02-07-2023, 06:39 PM   #11
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Call Jannetty he will work with your budget, also are you doing the work personally? If so buy from Jannetty and have him tune the car.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:14 PM   #12
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Bluezl1 View Post
Call Jannetty he will work with your budget, also are you doing the work personally? If so buy from Jannetty and have him tune the car.
That's what I did on my '10 SS. Bought parts from Jannetty, installed myself, brought back to him for tune.

YouTube
Old 02-07-2023, 07:18 PM   #13
bptuner

Went looking around in RPM's vids to see if there was a simple bolt on LT4 found this.

V3 with a weak fuel pump, upper pulley, headers, intake, on E only = 636 these baseline around 540-560 so my theory seems sound. Think I'm gonna go for it.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:37 AM   #14
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bptuner View Post
Ill reach out and have a discussion with him, see if there is any flex in what he'll do.

Still open to hear from those with similar mods or any with data to support or debunk if a small budget build can net around/near 100 hp gain!!!
Increasing boost with a stock supercharger on 93 is counter intuitive. Yes it will make more power on a cold pull, then the ECU will be pulling timing via IAT spark table which negates the power from the boost increase.

Flex sensor - E40-60
Headers
Rotofab

There is your 100hp in 3 mods.

Order the E by the drum if need be and mix it to at least E40... you will get good consistent gains pull after pull. What all these shops and youtube channels don't tell you is that these cars cannot sustain full timing stock once up to temp on 93, let alone when you start increasing boost. The Manifold Air Temps hover around 135-140 and that is where the ECU needs to pull timing advance to keep KR at bay. Adding pulleys will have the MAT pushing 160-170 and pulling substantial amounts of timing. With Ethanol that IAT spark table can be raised another 30 degrees easily and now the engine can make pull after pull with full timing.

I wouldn't get get caught up in comparing cold pull dyno numbers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of stock blower 93 cars with pulleys and bolt-ons making 680-700whp on a cold pull, then they are down 50-70whp from that number majority of the time during real world use.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote