Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #1
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Cool Walk Finally Hits

Coolwalk finally hit for my 10" screen, not sure about the 8 or 7. I think it's alot easier to use now that there's more info on the screen, I dunno what do you think?
Attached Images

Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:17 PM   #2
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Interesting. I've seen it trickling out to users in an Android Auto facebook group I'm in. I haven't been able to drive my car because of our winter weather, so I don't know if I have it or not. Android Auto has updated on my phone a couple of times in the last week or so.

Did it just open up that way, or did you have to set something up to get the split screen?
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #3
Fiyero88

It doesn't come through an update, it is a server side switch from Google. Updates won't give you coolwalk. That's why I was wondering who else has it. Mine just opened up that way today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Interesting. I've seen it

trickling out to users in an Android Auto facebook group I'm in. I haven't been able to drive my car because of our winter weather, so I don't know if I have it or not. Android Auto has updated on my phone a couple of times in the last week or so.

Did it just open up that way, or did you have to set something up to get the split screen?
Old 02-03-2023, 10:02 PM   #4
DamonZ28

Huh. Good to know, thanks.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 02-05-2023, 01:30 PM   #5
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
It has to be phone related because this happened last week on my daily driver which had an aftermarket android auto HU with no wifi or other data connectivity

One day I plugged in my phone, was confused why the four buttons were at the bottom of the screen then noticed everything else displayed and realized it was the new interface
Old 02-05-2023, 11:41 PM   #6
Fiyero88

It is phone related but I was just curious if anyone had gotten it because they said something about roatary dial radios wouldn't get it just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
It has to be phone related because this happened last week on my daily driver which had an aftermarket android auto HU with no wifi or other data connectivity

One day I plugged in my phone, was confused why the four buttons were at the bottom of the screen then noticed everything else displayed and realized it was the new interface
Old 02-06-2023, 07:56 AM   #7
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Might have to pull the cover off the Camaro this week and check my car
Old 02-06-2023, 08:27 AM   #8
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
My 2019 opened with the new interface last Friday however when I got in to go to work today it was back to the old interface. Anyone else experience this?
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:14 AM   #9
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero88 View Post
It doesn't come through an update, it is a server side switch from Google. Updates won't give you coolwalk. That's why I was wondering who else has it. Mine just opened up that way today.
actually it is an update for android auto. people were getting the update as early as beginning of jan 2023, but they have been rolling out that version of android auto to manage feedback issues. that processing is not server side it is phone side.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:04 AM   #10
Fiyero88

That's really weird because while android auto is phone related, Google itself said coolwalk is server related. They said they can turn cool walk off or on through their server. It would also explain why some people who have the latest Android auto do not have coolwalk yet.

I also had the latest Android Auto Apk (8.8) for a week and didn't have coolwalk until magically one day it showed up(meaning that yes like Google stated its server related)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste6000 View Post
actually it is an update for android auto. people were getting the update as early as beginning of jan 2023, but they have been rolling out that version of android auto to manage feedback issues. that processing is not server side it is phone side.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:07 PM   #11
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
I got the update yesterday for Cool Walk. I like the ability to have GPS/Music showing at same time. One thing I really miss and I am annoyed with is they removed the ability to see temperature at a glance. In previous AA it was in the corner. I'm hoping they allow a widget to be added or at least just the temperature in the corner.
2018 Blue AWD Kia Stinger GT2 -Sold-
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 05:48 PM   #12
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero88 View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613451

Mine was last Thursday.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:22 AM   #13
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
I got the update yesterday for Cool Walk. I like the ability to have GPS/Music showing at same time. One thing I really miss and I am annoyed with is they removed the ability to see temperature at a glance. In previous AA it was in the corner. I'm hoping they allow a widget to be added or at least just the temperature in the corner.
I also noticed the temperature missing from the new Android Auto interface. Maybe it can be added through a setting somehow?
Old 02-11-2023, 05:56 AM   #14
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
I also noticed the temperature missing from the new Android Auto interface. Maybe it can be added through a setting somehow?
The temp display has disappeared a couple of times over the last few years, but it has always come back. Hopefully they'll bring it back with the next update. There is no setting for it.

Waze support coming soon, according to this popup yesterday.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal

Tags
android, auto, camaro, coolwalk