Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-20-2023, 09:37 AM   #29
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
What ever happen with that Foxconn project in Wisconsin? Tons of subsidies, roads built, infrastructure and then foxconn - nah, we're good.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:10 AM   #30
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
All I am going to say is the short term is good but the long term would be bad and I agree with the Virginia Governor on this. I am not affiliated with a political party so before those shots get aimed my way figured it make that known now since I deal with that a lot on social media lately from both parties.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:34 PM   #31
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
The Gov. of VA made a stupid political move so he can tell his constituents that he put America first by denying them $1B in investment capital and 2,000 job generating $160M in salaries every year. Dumb, but will definitely resonate with his ignorant base. Do you think that because this plant doesn’t get built in VA that either:

A) They don’t just build it in a more business friendly state?

OR

B) Some American company decides to build a similar plant in VA instead? LOL

That’s not how venture capital works. Youngkin just signaled to all foreign investors that for him, growth means US companies only. That’s just stupid and frankly impossible to sustain.

Kemp in GA and McMasters in SC are courting foreign investment to bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Kudo’s to them.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #32
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
Ford forced to cancel plan to build new battery plant in rural Va. by Virginia Governor. All was on track to go smoothly until it was later found that the plant would NOT be run by Ford....it was to be run by...CHINA! The Va. Governor shut it down. Thank you Governor Younkin for not selling out!
This is great to hear.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:46 PM   #33
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
As a Virginia resident I want a strong economy and jobs. Letting a Chinese company build a plant here would have allot of short-term benefits and makes the politicians look good. Shutting it down the plant hasn't helped the Governers reputation among many of his critics, but it is ABSOLUTLY critical to start putting America first and was defiantly the correct decision for our future. The Chinese companies will take government subsidies take out loans steal intellectual property and then move operations overseas without notice leaving tax payers and lenders footing the bill.

We went through this with one of Youngkin's predecessors. Terry Mccauliff gave a Chinese car company 1.4 billion dollars of OUR money only to have them take the money and disappear.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/inve...inese-company/
This was a bad example. I don't defend the Chinese actions in this case you mentioned with Terry Mccauliff, but you had several of the facts wrong.

Mccauliff handed them 1.4 MILLION, not billion from a public development fund. And crucially, he and his team failed to do proper diligence to vet the Chinese company, Lindenburg Industry. According to research and reporting done by WRIC 7 years ago ,the company made overatures to NC as well. But unlike VA, leaders in NC checked out Lindenburg's story and determined that they were likely being conned; Lindnbug claimed to have a US headquarters in Winston-Salem, but turns out they gave a fake address and didn't even have any company presence anywhere in the US. So NC withdrew their interest, but Mccauliff decided to forge ahead, even went to visit the con artist Chinese team in China before handing them the check.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 10:44 AM   #34
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I stand corrected it was only 1.4 million of our tax dollars that he gave away.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:03 PM   #35
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Greed is present at all levels, not just the Chinese that conned Mccauliff. Mccauliff has a sorted history of his own, having bought a chairmanship share of stock in another EV company he was trying to bring to VA as well. That one didn't work out either as planned. Whether Mccauliff is a sheister or just a bad manager/decision maker, I'd put a lot of blame of that lost 1.6 million of VA taxpayer money on him.

Too bad that the money didn't go to a US company that was willing to build a plant.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote