Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2022, 08:32 AM   #1
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Anyone using the MPVI3?

I'm particularly interested in the ability to capture logs w/o a laptop connected. I know this can be done on the MPVI2+ with pro features unlocked too. MPVI3 apparently comes with all pro features already unlocked.

Any particular reason to go with an MPVI3 vs unlocking pro features on the 2+?

The improvements touted by HPT are basically "faster/better" but wondering about real world impressions.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:29 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
It doesn’t seem to be enough reason to upgrade the 2 to 3 except what you mentioned. What I did notice was losing unused credits on the 2 if you don’t wait until December to upgrade to the 3.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...lable-to-Order!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I missed losing the credits-part... Thanks for pointing that out!

I've only had my 2+ for a year, but was thinking about upgrading, if the price was right anyways.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 05:11 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I missed losing the credits-part... Thanks for pointing that out!

I've only had my 2+ for a year, but was thinking about upgrading, if the price was right anyways.
No problem. Hopefully when December rolls around they have a good trade-in program.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:20 PM   #5
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
I prefer to log with the laptop. So I dont need the extra benefits of the 3 version.

What I did to make it easier was take my aging 2018 macbook air, and use bootcamp to install windows on it. Then booted into windows, deleted the mac partition from the SSD and have a complete windows based macbook air. Its super small, light and easy to take in and out of the car. And if you dont know, macbooks in general have the highest of quality hardware. Their chassis are rock solid aluminum and dont flex if you have to carry one open, one handed.

Plus the 18 macbook air I have has two USB3/Thunderbolt ports. I use the white USBC-USBC charging cable to connect the machine to the MPVI2+, and its super fast and works great.

No garbage laptops needed, plus believe it or not windows seems to run better on this macbook air then the latest version of OSx.

Check it out.
Attached Images

SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:42 AM   #6
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Goatrope Garage did a video of the MPVI3. It was informative.

He provided some detail on why the 3 came out so soon after the 2+. Basically it was proposed that the chip shortage required a rework of the hardware to use a new chip.

There are real benefits to the 3, but not sure I would benefit from any of them for my use case.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote