Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2023, 08:19 PM   #1
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
CT5-V Blackwing vs Tesla Model S Plaid vs M5 CS Review and Drag Race

First, I’ve become a huge fan of Jason Cammisa and his videos.

Second, this segment putts the whole EV vs character and personality into one video that basically puts it all in perspective.

https://fb.watch/ixrx7yyyaY/
Old 02-07-2023, 05:12 AM   #2
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Great Video and exactly how I feel about my Camaro. Too bad Automakers (well I guess Ford listening for another Mustang Generation) don't listen. I will have my Camaro for a long time.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:22 AM   #3
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Great Video and exactly how I feel about my Camaro. Too bad Automakers (well I guess Ford listening for another Mustang Generation) don't listen. I will have my Camaro for a long time.
Not sure how much they have been listening. The new gen Mustang looks much worse than the previous one and the interior gauge cluster area is absolutely horrendeous.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:33 AM   #4
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Not sure how much they have been listening. The new gen Mustang looks much worse than the previous one and the interior gauge cluster area is absolutely horrendeous.

Yeah sorry should have been more clear on that and said with powertrain options with having a manual, automatic and a V8.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:48 AM   #5
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Only to an incredibly marginal degree do I understand the whole ICE vs EV thing. There's something to be said about a good exhaust note but beyond that, you've lost me. I only care about how the vehicle performs. I see so many folks caught up in displacement, cylinder count, power sliding, etc., that they just can't ever see themselves enjoying a vehicle that simply puts power down and sends you on a wild ride.

I know I'm not the typical performance car enthusiast and I'm ok with that. I've never felt that vehicles have "soul" but, I do form attachments to vehicles that satisfy performance metrics for me. Frankly, I don't care about what noises they make (so long as they aren't bad ones--like something is broken), what transmission it has or doesn't have, how many cylinders or it's displacement. Is it fast/quick? Can it handle turns? Does it brake well? Cool. Sign me up.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:12 PM   #6
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
First, I’ve become a huge fan of Jason Cammisa and his videos.

Second, this segment putts the whole EV vs character and personality into one video that basically puts it all in perspective.

https://fb.watch/ixrx7yyyaY/
I really enjoy his videos as well. My other favorite car videos are from Throttle House. I really enjoy Thomas' commentary about the cars he is driving and reviewing. And he is a heck of a driver.

And I agree with you regarding the EV vs. the character and personality debate. Cars have to be fun to drive in order to get enjoyment out of the experience, its not all about ultimate performance.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
The Blackwing looks like a lot of fun. I would love to have one. Hopefully they’ll still be making them in four or five years when it’s my turn to buy a new car.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:21 PM   #8
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
The Blackwing looks like a lot of fun. I would love to have one. Hopefully they’ll still be making them in four or five years when it’s my turn to buy a new car.
Doubt it. LGR will likely be producing the EV ‘Vette’s once Camaro and CT4/CT5 end production by 2025.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:27 PM   #9
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Only to an incredibly marginal degree do I understand the whole ICE vs EV thing. There's something to be said about a good exhaust note but beyond that, you've lost me. I only care about how the vehicle performs. I see so many folks caught up in displacement, cylinder count, power sliding, etc., that they just can't ever see themselves enjoying a vehicle that simply puts power down and sends you on a wild ride.

I know I'm not the typical performance car enthusiast and I'm ok with that. I've never felt that vehicles have "soul" but, I do form attachments to vehicles that satisfy performance metrics for me. Frankly, I don't care about what noises they make (so long as they aren't bad ones--like something is broken), what transmission it has or doesn't have, how many cylinders or it's displacement. Is it fast/quick? Can it handle turns? Does it brake well? Cool. Sign me up.
To me performance is certainly a strong consideration when choosing a sports/sporty car, however, without it being satisfying to drive its just a vehicle.

For example back in 2006 I purchased a C6 with Z51 and a manual transmission. At the time I also had a 2003 Nissan 350Z that I had modified for autocrossing. It was so much fun to drive. Even though the C6 was a better all round performer, it wasn't nearly as much fun to drive. My complaints with the C6 were many. The steering had little feel or feedback, the turning radius was about as much as an ocean liner, the transmission shifted like a truck, the interior was cheap and the seats were terrible. Other than that it was a great car. I had always wanted a Corvette and I have to say it wasn't near what I expected it to be. After owning it for a couple of years I sold it and purchased a 2009 370Z with a manual transmission, which was also more fun to drive.

My guess is an EV would end up feeling like my C6 did to me. It might have more performance, but would it be as much fun to drive?
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote