Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2023, 04:13 AM   #1
RiversideMTF

Drives: Camaro 6 cabrio
Borla Atak + Mid pipe is too loud :/

so I got the install of mishimoto downpipe, and the full line of Borla exhaust,

I know I chose the most extreme with the Atak type, but I thought it would be still be ok..

turns out I was wrong..

So does anyone have some advise ?

can I put another extra demper in the middle, to get the extreme part of,
or do I need to get it all of and something else under it ?
Attached Images

RiversideMTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 05:08 AM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
ZZP's catted downpipe may reduce the noise. Mines quiet and low toned with borla mid pipe and MRT V2 axleback.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:35 AM   #3
RiversideMTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
ZZP's catted downpipe may reduce the noise. Mines quiet and low toned with borla mid pipe and MRT V2 axleback.
You think the loudness is coming from the Downpipe ?
Old 01-15-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
Davescamaro

If it's catless, yes. I've heard a cadillac ats 2.0 with a catless dp and he did have a muffler delete. In my opinion, just mine, sounded loud as heck and as well just ewww.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Old 01-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #5
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
That can't be that loud. Does it sound bad? Lot's of drone?

Borla makes a "mid-pipe" resonator for the kit you have that would probably help a lot.

https://www.borla.com/products/chevr...ing-pipe-60624
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:01 AM   #6
RiversideMTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
That can't be that loud. Does it sound bad? Lot's of drone?

Borla makes a "mid-pipe" resonator for the kit you have that would probably help a lot.

https://www.borla.com/products/chevr...ing-pipe-60624
i don't know what your definition off loud is but the sound in general is nice, but when you floor it, its really to much... I think you can hear me up to 5 miles..

but thank you for the link, im going to try the extra demper.. see what that gives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
If it's catless, yes. I've heard a cadillac ats 2.0 with a catless dp and he did have a muffler delete. In my opinion, just mine, sounded loud as heck and as well just ewww.
well it is catted...
Old 01-18-2023, 10:11 PM   #7
Davescamaro

Hmm. I think what start the machines idea would be best to quiet it down. Remember it's an inline 4. All of them make during WOT a 4 cylinder sound.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:15 PM   #8
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Please keep us posted after you install the mid-pipe. I haven't seen or heard of anyone actually going that route. I'm very curious what the outcome is with it.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:23 PM   #9
RiversideMTF

Quote:
Please keep us posted after you install the mid-pipe. I haven't seen or heard of anyone actually going that route. I'm very curious what the outcome is with it.

the original demper part from Borla, is not easy to find (fast) here in Belgium..

so I will make a custom one.

Im gonna keep the original part from the Borla intact, in case it would be to quiet all of a sudden and I wanna change it back

should be ready around next week..
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2023, 08:40 AM   #10
RiversideMTF

Quote:

I got the extra demper installed, I changed the entire mid section of the borla, so just in case I would want it a little louder again, I can just swap it

I'm happy with the results.. the extreme part is gone now,

only thing I miss is before when you downshifted the exces gas was popping, it doesn't do it so hard anymore... but you can't have it all...
Attached Images