Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2022, 10:31 PM   #15
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Yes. I exmained the entire lists of "BIDS" that Banks lists for the Camaro. No mention of gear. But you DO have "current gear selectable on the SuperGauge? I will go looking for it on the gauge itself!

Thanks for the alert!

Jim G
Yes sir Banks defines it as GEAR-C. No problem.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:32 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
JimG,

Can you measure boost? Mind posting a video from idle then making an accelerated run to see the boost measure 6.5 psi on the gauge?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:54 AM   #17
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
JimG,

Can you measure boost? Mind posting a video from idle then making an accelerated run to see the boost measure 6.5 psi on the gauge?
I don't do videos accelerating hard from a dead stop (too hard on the drivetrain), or when accelerating hard in a car that is using traction control all the way to highway speeds, and doing its best to outmanoeuvre the traction control and stability control nannys! But I can do better:

I got the BanksiDash programmed correctly for my needs, and did an acceleration run from 30mph to 90 mph, datalogging the entire run (bracketed cleanly by speeds below and above)

Keep in mind that this run was done at a location whose elevation is unknown, but is on a route between locations with elevations of 3000 feet and 3557 feet, so it is at a high elevation, and I am not sure how that affects the boost psi. You'll need someone more knowledgeable than me to comment on that.

But that log is shown below.

Note that the peak boost, BEFORE the 10-speed's automatic gearshift, runs about 7.55 to 7.8 psi, and then flares upward to 8.08 to 9.11 psi during the shift, presumably because during the shift the engine is decelerating to a lower rpm, and thus is not capable of accepting the air at its pre-shift rate?

Jim G
Attached Images

JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
I don't do videos accelerating hard from a dead stop (too hard on the drivetrain), or when accelerating hard in a car that is using traction control all the way to highway speeds, and doing its best to outmanoeuvre the traction control and stability control nannys! But I can do better:

I got the BanksiDash programmed correctly for my needs, and did an acceleration run from 30mph to 90 mph, datalogging the entire run (bracketed cleanly by speeds below and above)

Keep in mind that this run was done at a location whose elevation is unknown, but is on a route between locations with elevations of 3000 feet and 3557 feet, so it is at a high elevation, and I am not sure how that affects the boost psi. You'll need someone more knowledgeable than me to comment on that.

But that log is shown below.

Note that the peak boost, BEFORE the 10-speed's automatic gearshift, runs about 7.55 to 7.8 psi, and then flares upward to 8.08 to 9.11 psi during the shift, presumably because during the shift the engine is decelerating to a lower rpm, and thus is not capable of accepting the air at its pre-shift rate?

Jim G

All I wanted to see is the gauge set on boost should be neg number at idle, then just make a hit in 5th or 6th gear and let me see the neg go to positive.

I have the banks on 2 of my cars the zl1 which comes with a blower works perfectly the SS can't read boost because either the way the break out harness is or the gauge can only read the oem MAP sensor and other map sensor it will not display correctly.

I'd like to see you actually go from neg to positive in the boost setting if so I will replace my map with like you have instead of the one provided by edelbrock and get the tuner to change some things.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:18 AM   #19
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yes sir Banks defines it as GEAR-C. No problem.
I like your setup and you still have the Vent working also.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:41 AM   #20
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
All I wanted to see is the gauge set on boost should be neg number at idle, then just make a hit in 5th or 6th gear and let me see the neg go to positive.

I have the banks on 2 of my cars the zl1 which comes with a blower works perfectly the SS can't read boost because either the way the break out harness is or the gauge can only read the oem MAP sensor and other map sensor it will not display correctly.

I'd like to see you actually go from neg to positive in the boost setting if so I will replace my map with like you have instead of the one provided by edelbrock and get the tuner to change some things.
In examing my datalog OUTSIDE the WOT portion, I see that it NEVER reports vacuum versus boost. It just always shows "0" when no boost. And, I do not recall ever seeing a negative value for the boost psi when driving with the iDash DataMonster displaying. I think this is because the Banks iDash and DataMonster reply entirely on the OEM OBDI outputs, plus some calculated values that Banks does automatically using those OEM data points. I think you might need a separate pressure transmitter daisychained into the Banks databus, which is supposedly easy to do. You might ask Banks.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #21
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I like your setup and you still have the Vent working also.
Thanks! The vent still works and here is the front and back view. I did put a 4° draft angle on the slots to increase velocity. The air flow is less with the gauge. I don’t recall the exact CFM difference between the driver vent and passenger vent after install. I want to say it was a 40% loss.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:52 PM   #22
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Here is the dual gauge pod:
https://zzperformance.com/collection...uge-pillar-pod

The iDash will read everything you asked for except AFR…you need a wideband as I mentioned before. Here is the one I’d suggest:
https://zzperformance.com/collection...-gauge-w-obdii
Joshinator how does the aem and the banks connect to the obd2 port at same time? Guessing they piggyback somehow? Thanks
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:44 AM   #23
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysspeed View Post
Joshinator how does the aem and the banks connect to the obd2 port at same time? Guessing they piggyback somehow? Thanks
Yes, the AEM plug-in is actually a pass through. So on the street I put the Banks plug into the AEM pass through. At the track, I unplug the Banks and plug in my HP Tuners cord (also into the AEM pass through and can read wideband data right through HPT). Works like a charm.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:33 AM   #24
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Yes, the AEM plug-in is actually a pass through. So on the street I put the Banks plug into the AEM pass through. At the track, I unplug the Banks and plug in my HP Tuners cord (also into the AEM pass through and can read wideband data right through HPT). Works like a charm.
That’s slick! I’m sold on it now. Thanks again
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:55 PM   #25
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysspeed View Post
That’s slick! I’m sold on it now. Thanks again