Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Powering up the exhaust

(Forgive me if I make an error in my car tech, I am new to performance atm; still studying everything)

So I had a pretty good setup with the exhaust layout for my vehicle (most options if not, all are axelbacks) I thought about getting a borla quad axelback system and seeing if borla does anything extra for midpiping. I thought about having a magnaflow tru xpipe since borla doesn't make headers or V6 xpipes. I'm keeping the cats on and because there isnt exhaust manifolds (or external ones) for the V6s I cant do anything about the headers. (Unless there is a way in which case I dont see it yet) I would love to increase pipe diameter size but idk if that's possible since the exhaust is 2.25 in and 2.5 out for the borla axelback. My question is I would like the best exhaust set up possible. Or if I'm in the wrong direction, can anyone direct me into the right path?
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
American Racing Headers makes some down pipes for 6th Gen V6 Camaros and both the Catted and Non-Catted pipes would require a tune. GM integrated the exhaust manifold onto the engine block for 2012+ V6 Camaros so down pipes are your only option. Do you have the NPP Quad tip exhaust on your Camaro or just the single tip exhaust?

-Trae
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
American Racing Headers makes some down pipes for 6th Gen V6 Camaros and both the Catted and Non-Catted pipes would require a tune. GM integrated the exhaust manifold onto the engine block for 2012+ V6 Camaros so down pipes are your only option. Do you have the NPP Quad tip exhaust on your Camaro or just the single tip exhaust?

-Trae
My exhaust is just regular dual exhaust. I didnt get the NPP mode. I have the 6.5 gen; ie the 2020 it's hard to find any options for the newer camaros at the moment. It says for offroad use only. I'm assuming this wouldnt pass emissions? (I dont get emission testing in NC or at least the Greenville area. This isnt my first car)
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
Sales@Phastek

If you have a dual exhaust and wanted to install a quad tip one you would have to get a new rear diffuser that allows for quad tip or NPP systems. That would allow you to put a quad tip exhasut system on your Camaro, otherwise you would have to stick with a duel tip system. As long as you don't effect the factory Catalytic Converters you would past your emissions testing. Here are the Cat-back exhaust options for your 6th Gen V6 that we offer, all of these delete your secondary Cats though so it would fail a visual inspection. Here is a link to all the axle backs we offer for your V6, as long as you are choosing one that is single tips on each side it will fit your Camaro. If passing your emissions test is a deal breaker I suggest going to a local tester and confirm what you need to pass before purchasing anything.

-Trae
Old 01-25-2020, 03:00 AM   #5
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post

-Trae
Are you guys planning to do a video on those catted down pipes for the v6? I have watched your video on the turbo ones but it's made from Mishimoto who are 2.0 boosters. Those pipes made a huge difference but I haven't see any videos with the ARH down pipes on the v6
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #6
Sales@Phastek

For the ARH downpipes video we would need a Camaro to do the install and schedule a time in the future for it. We currently do not have a V6 we can work on here.

-Trae
Old 01-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #7
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
A lot of people want to hear the difference between stock pipes and those ones. I'm pretty sure you can find someone from Houston in this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/258745904565294/
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Sales@Phastek

We will be keeping an eye out for anyone in the Houston Area who would want a set of these down pipes installed so we can make a video on them. Any one who would be interested can reach out to us over the phone at 1-855-742-7835 (choose fourth option for support) or via email at support@phastek.com.

-Trae