Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
beworthy3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Borla exhaust with NPP question

Recently picked up the Borla atak with NPP. Going to install it in a few weeks and was just wondering if anybody has experience hooking up the active valves. Is it straight forward? Or are there any tricks I should be aware of.
beworthy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #2
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
I paid a local garage $200 to install my set. The instructions are crystal clear (though they did not say to disconnect the NPP electrical cable before cutting and removing the old setup) and there were no issues at all installing the new system / reconnecting the electrical cables. I love the sound!!
You may want to double check the cutoff length, my tips stick out maybe an inch or so more than what I would have preferred.
RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
beworthy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySS View Post
I paid a local garage $200 to install my set. The instructions are crystal clear (though they did not say to disconnect the NPP electrical cable before cutting and removing the old setup) and there were no issues at all installing the new system / reconnecting the electrical cables. I love the sound!!
You may want to double check the cutoff length, my tips stick out maybe an inch or so more than what I would have preferred.

Ok great! Appreciate Rocky
Old 02-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #4
2SSFifty

Drives: 2017 2SS Fifty
It actually really easy. I did it myself on some ramps. You just disconnect the connectors that go to the NPP and it the actuators come out with the exhause. I believe it's only three bolts and the actuators come right off. Reverse the process to install on the Borla. Like Rocky said the instructions are very clear and easy to understand.
2SSFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
beworthy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSFifty View Post
It actually really easy. I did it myself on some ramps. You just disconnect the connectors that go to the NPP and it the actuators come out with the exhause. I believe it's only three bolts and the actuators come right off. Reverse the process to install on the Borla. Like Rocky said the instructions are very clear and easy to understand.
Great thanks, did you cut your pipe exactly how they said to in the instructions. and if so do your pipes stick out a little
Old 02-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I had a shop install mine for $150. They cut it exactly where the instructions say, and the tips don't stick out. Very easy, since I was just watching, lol.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote