Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #15
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts all.

No android Auto? Is it in the later years?
Earlier 2016s didn't come with Android Auto implemented from the factory, it was added through a software update. From what I've read GM sent these owners a letter to bring to the dealer so they could get it done for free. In my case the original owner of my 2016 never had the update done so I had to pay out of pocket.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #16
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
Earlier 2016s didn't come with Android Auto implemented from the factory, it was added through a software update. From what I've read GM sent these owners a letter to bring to the dealer so they could get it done for free. In my case the original owner of my 2016 never had the update done so I had to pay out of pocket.
Ok. Good to know. If buying it from a GM dealer, I could negotiate it in...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I had one of the first 2016 M6 2SSes built. Zero problems other than some thin paint INSIDE the trunk. Other than that It was perfect. I wish I never sold it to buy a Zl1.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #18
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Theres no such thing as a "slow crank" issue. Your car has a mechanical fuel pump under the hood aside from the electronic fuel pump in the tank and the car needs to crank for an extended period of time to run that fuel pump to build the fuel pressure the DI engine needs. It shouldnt happen when the car is warm/recently driven. Now if the battery was low, it wouldnt crank at all.
Oh My! So someone who does not own a Camaro is going to lecture a Camaro owner about their car.

So let me help you with a couple of definitions using the word "start" in place of "crank":

1. A slow start is when it sounds like the engine is struggling to turn over, this can be caused by many things: Weak battery, bad starter, poor power connection to the starter...

2. A long start is when the engine cranks a full speed but doesn't catch right away, this is usually from the cam driven high pressure DI fuel pump building pressure. this is normal behavior.

I know the difference and I fully understand how DI and the mechanical high pressure fuel pump works. My car suffered with problem #1. The dealer chose to remedy the problem with a new battery but I suspect its as much a heat soak problem with the starter as it is a weak battery.

Next time please before unnecessarily lecturing someone. This forum has many threads on "slow crank/slow start".

Enjoy your Memorial Day!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)

Last edited by SSDan; 05-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #19
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
Love my 2016. Only issues I have had were the Information Display crapped out, and Onstar stopped working. Car has 22,500 miles on it. I replaced a "machine Interface Module" in the Radio to fix the display, Onstar needs a new Control Interface Module, which I refuse to replace - I am having no luck getting chevy to replace it because it is out of warrenty. Otherwise, the car is rock solid
RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #20
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
OP, you may already know but just wanted to add that at this time of the year the verts tend to go for their high end value due to summer approaching and vert demand rising. It may be in your best financial interest if you can hold off on your purchase till the snow and cold returns, verts take a significant financial dive in the winter as demand plummets. If money is no object, no worries, just food for thought, a winter purchase may save you enough for the immediate mods you may want.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #21
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
OP, you may already know but just wanted to add that at this time of the year the verts tend to go for their high end value due to summer approaching and vert demand rising. It may be in your best financial interest if you can hold off on your purchase till the snow and cold returns, verts take a significant financial dive in the winter as demand plummets. If money is no object, no worries, just food for thought, a winter purchase may save you enough for the immediate mods you may want.
Yeah, I get that. I would suspect that I could get a great deal on a new one if I were to wait. No mods desired, really - I want the car to be stock. I was contemplating an aftermarket exhaust if I didn't get NPP, but I think I'm going to only buy one with the NPP exhaust.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #22
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Gotcha, I had to wait 5 years to buy mine as every used 6 speed manual I drove had either transmission, clutch, or differential issues which I attributed to inexperienced previous owners abusing the cars. I must have driven close to 30 used camaros and vettes, ALL with issues. Decided to take the plunge on a new 2020 LT1 v8 coupe model 6 speed. Depreciation will kill me but at least the mechanicals are new and wont be destroyed by some rookie manual driver. Anyway, best of luck to you on the purchase. Pay close attention to 1-2 and 2-3 shift feel and noises as well as clutch and diff noises.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #23
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I bought my 1016 2SS new and have had exactly zero problems. 6 speed manual and NPP were critical to me. Love the car and a pleasure to drive.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #24
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
2016 SS M6 here. Bought it new, zero problem. Makes me smile every time I drive it.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #25
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
I was dead set on a 2019 until I found the hot wheels edition. I’m actually glad I pulled the trigger and have no regrets. The 2016-2018s are just as solid. I did waiver for a while not getting the A10 in the 2019, but I could care less now and love the car.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:41 PM   #26
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Gotcha, I had to wait 5 years to buy mine as every used 6 speed manual I drove had either transmission, clutch, or differential issues which I attributed to inexperienced previous owners abusing the cars. I must have driven close to 30 used camaros and vettes, ALL with issues. Decided to take the plunge on a new 2020 LT1 v8 coupe model 6 speed. Depreciation will kill me but at least the mechanicals are new and wont be destroyed by some rookie manual driver. Anyway, best of luck to you on the purchase. Pay close attention to 1-2 and 2-3 shift feel and noises as well as clutch and diff noises.
Excellent choice, all the performance of the SS and just as good a performer as a M4 for 1/2 the price. I love mine. And somehow the LT1 sounds better (intake, exhaust, deaccel pop) than my 2016 M6 SS. And it comes with a free winter set up.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #27
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
So far not one issue with my 2016, V6, M6. My previous 2017, also a V6 had extreme shudder issues with the A8.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #28
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
?

- Why do so many of the convertibles (I don't know if this holds true for coupes as I'm only looking for a 'vert) have 2-3 owners at only a few years old?

If it helps, I'm seeking a 2SS 6-speed convertible w/ NPP as sort of "minimums".
If I had to guess as to why it seems the verts have more owners at only a few years old is that people think they want a convertible but then after having one decide they either don't like convertibles, cant get away with the useless trunks or don't drop the top enough to justify having a convertible
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote