Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #29
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
i priced out a vent before i did this and it was about 40-60 bucks so i knew if i failed id be in the hole only 60 bucks.
Do you have the part number for the vent? I might want to start with a new one.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:30 AM   #30
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
I have a subscription to ALLDATAdiy. I realized I had a bust in my link on post#3. Please reference post#3 in this thread for the pinouts. It now contains what you are looking for.
Hey TMS thx for all your help i was able to tap in the WB.

Question, I noticed on the driver side there was 4-5 plugs similar to the havc plugs. Near the hood latch. No wires there that could be tapped into instead of the passenger side? My wb cable came very short. Too short for me to be comfortable enough to leave it as is. But i also dont want to add more wire
Old 10-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #31
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Hey TMS thx for all your help i was able to tap in the WB.

Question, I noticed on the driver side there was 4-5 plugs similar to the havc plugs. Near the hood latch. No wires there that could be tapped into instead of the passenger side? My wb cable came very short. Too short for me to be comfortable enough to leave it as is. But i also dont want to add more wire
I wish there was something on the driver side when I was I stalling mine. I too had short wires and had to extend them. I am not aware of any spot on the driver side to easily pick up switched 12v. It doesn't mean it's not there, I just haven't been able to find it. There seems to be very few spots to grab switched 12v on these cars.

I am aware of three areas that others have identified; 1) passenger side footwell HVAC module, 2) middle console auxiliary port (not sure if this is switched power though), 3) overhead console (rear view mirror area).

Good luck. If you find something, post it for others as that would be a great find.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #32
the highlander

Drives: C5 Z06 LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Tap CAN bus and read data off the ECU ?
Stock O2 sensors are not widebands.
the highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #33
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Just a heads-up: I just about drove myself crazy trying to find a switched 12V power source for my wideband. Everything seemed to be powered all the time until I figured out that the switched circuits remain energized until you open the drivers door.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #34
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
anyone use the T-splice for permanent install and have any issues? or am I better off just getting a Fuse tap and running more wire to the fuse box?
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #35
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
Did you weld the bung on the exhaust for the sensor, that is the issue I am having
RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #36
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySS View Post
Did you weld the bung on the exhaust for the sensor, that is the issue I am having
Yeah I have long tubes with catless connection pipes. Welded the bung as far forward as I could on the connection pipe since my headers were already coated or I would have put it right in the collector. There are weldless (clamp style) option but I wouldn't want the higher chance of an exhaust leak from that.
2018 1SS M6 - OTR intake, HI Ram intake, Ceramic Coated TSP Headers Catless, AWE Touring Axle-Back, Flex Fuel, Pray Performace stage 3 cam, TSP ported heads, Pray Ported 95MM TB and Ported HI-RAM. SJM Line-Lock. F14 Drag Pack 17's with front skinnies. Tuned by Pray Performance.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:08 PM   #37
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
Yeah I have long tubes with catless connection pipes. Welded the bung as far forward as I could on the connection pipe since my headers were already coated or I would have put it right in the collector. There are weldless (clamp style) option but I wouldn't want the higher chance of an exhaust leak from that.
Thanks, Appreciate the response and information
RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:28 PM   #38
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
I wish there was something on the driver side when I was I stalling mine. I too had short wires and had to extend them. I am not aware of any spot on the driver side to easily pick up switched 12v. It doesn't mean it's not there, I just haven't been able to find it. There seems to be very few spots to grab switched 12v on these cars.

I am aware of three areas that others have identified; 1) passenger side footwell HVAC module, 2) middle console auxiliary port (not sure if this is switched power though), 3) overhead console (rear view mirror area).

Good luck. If you find something, post it for others as that would be a great find.

Has anyone found one in the trunk?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #39
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Has anyone found one in the trunk?
I ran an add a fuse off the fusebox in the trunk. Think I used the mirror antifog with the correct amp rating. Ran the wire to the front with my jms wires. Clean install, only comes on once the car is turned fully on. Either running or holding the start button down for 7-10 seconds
Attached Images

Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:33 PM   #40
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
I ran an add a fuse off the fusebox in the trunk. Think I used the mirror antifog with the correct amp rating. Ran the wire to the front with my jms wires. Clean install, only comes on once the car is turned fully on. Either running or holding the start button down for 7-10 seconds

Thank you... I havent pulled the trunk apart yet...

Do you have a part number for the "add a fuse" so i can purchase in advance?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:47 AM   #41
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Pulling all the trunk pieces out is pretty easy, maybe 12 plastic push pins and 4 nuts and it all comes. If your installing a jms you'll need to do it anyway. I used an add a fuse like this one, can be purchased many places, Amazon, walmart, auto parts stores. Believe the correct one is the micro2 fuse but don't have the car on hand to verify.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pco-0954pt
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:54 AM   #42
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
I got a harness from gen5 diy that tapped into the mirror
Long shot on an old thread, but does anyone know where to find this? Didn't see anything on their site directly intended for AEM wiring.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote