Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2024, 10:22 PM   #15
IMCWORTH

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible ZL1 A10
Another Carvana customer discovers they bought a car that was reported stolen. TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A second customer of online car dealer Carvana has stepped forward to say the car they bought and had been driving for more than a year was confiscated by law enforcement

Good Luck
IMCWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:01 AM   #16
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I would never use them.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:13 AM   #17
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Many people that have driven a car with a lot of power don't really know how to drive them. You can't just stomp on the pedal and think it will just go. That is why I don't let anyone drive mine. There is a learning process for all cars with a lot of power and some would benefit from taking a class from the experts. There are some race courses that offer that training.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:05 AM   #18
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMCWORTH View Post
Another Carvana customer discovers they bought a car that was reported stolen. TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A second customer of online car dealer Carvana has stepped forward to say the car they bought and had been driving for more than a year was confiscated by law enforcement

Good Luck
The gt500 sold within a day of getting posted. I do remember these issues that you posted. I would have paid for a carfax before purchasing. I’m wondering if the buyers of the vehicles in the videos you posted had done that/if carfax had reported they were stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Many people that have driven a car with a lot of power don't really know how to drive them. You can't just stomp on the pedal and think it will just go. That is why I don't let anyone drive mine. There is a learning process for all cars with a lot of power and some would benefit from taking a class from the experts. There are some race courses that offer that training.
If you’re referring to my z06 comment I always let go of the throttle if I feel tire spin. I dont try to be a hero. I also don’t freak out and will counter steer without over correcting if it’s just a little bit of spinning. I had driven other high HP cars before and never experienced what I experienced with the C6Z. It was really odd.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 08:34 AM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
The gt500 sold within a day of getting posted. I do remember these issues that you posted. I would have paid for a carfax before purchasing. I’m wondering if the buyers of the vehicles in the videos you posted had done that/if carfax had reported they were stolen.

If you’re referring to my z06 comment I always let go of the throttle if I feel tire spin. I dont try to be a hero. I also don’t freak out and will counter steer without over correcting if it’s just a little bit of spinning. I had driven other high HP cars before and never experienced what I experienced with the C6Z. It was really odd.
As I said, the Z06 gives the driver a LOT more leeway before becoming the fun governor. When I had one of the CTF cars, you could easily get the back end loose going into 3rd gear but ultimately you would get reeled back in……unless you turned off TC. Most cars you’ve driven likely have a more aggressive TC. Most cars do. Most “regular” cars and trucks you aren’t getting any wheel spin. So likely it was quite different for you.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:39 AM   #20
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
As I said, the Z06 gives the driver a LOT more leeway before becoming the fun governor. When I had one of the CTF cars, you could easily get the back end loose going into 3rd gear but ultimately you would get reeled back in……unless you turned off TC. Most cars you’ve driven likely have a more aggressive TC. Most cars do. Most “regular” cars and trucks you aren’t getting any wheel spin. So likely it was quite different for you.
Possibly. I didn’t turn traction off though. It was cold though so maybe that had a lot to do with it. Something else weird that happened was after it tried to kill me I wanted it even more haha. Still might get one one day.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-12-2024, 08:56 AM   #21
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
m6-lt1 - are you looking for a more "older" HP vehicle for more raw HP analog experience? I know these new cars can be much faster than the old ones but they just don't "feel" as fast because of how dialed in the suspensions and control nannies are.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:06 AM   #22
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
m6-lt1 - are you looking for a more "older" HP vehicle for more raw HP analog experience? I know these new cars can be much faster than the old ones but they just don't "feel" as fast because of how dialed in the suspensions and control nannies are.
I would say your assessment is partially correct but I’m also used to cars that run low 12’s/trap 114-116ish. I drove a buddies c5z and while it was definitely more raw, it didn’t feel any faster to me since they trap roughly the same as our cars. It felt kinda like a fast go kart haha. I was actually shocked at how not rough the ride was as I was expecting it to ride very rough.

I mainly made this post ranting about carvana though haha. I was just in shock at how much lower they were versus carmax/local dealers.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 04-12-2024, 04:01 PM   #23
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
A good note for Carvana. i bought my Krypton green 2SS from them last year in Oct. Seamless and perfect transaction. Smooth as butter.
No issues. Car came with wheel locks and no key. Claimed it to them. They fixed it immediately with no cost to me.
A lot of bad Carvana stories. Just wanted to throw in a good one for a change.
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:10 PM   #24
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post

All my C6's were jumpy from a slow roll. I would go thru rear tires in under 3k miles. My C7 is much more tame but faster. Tires have lasted almost a year and i got plenty left on them.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote