Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-08-2022, 10:28 AM   #1
len125

Drives: chevrolet camaro
Chevrolet at auto show

almost wept, went to philly auto show, and everyone went to toyota, dodge, jeep,subaru, hyuandi,etc...but in the chevy section there was no one milling around...one person was taking a picture of the corvette, but there was no interest in looking silverado's, colorado's, malibu's, camaro's, etc....the show girls were just standing around, no one wanted to talk or take any brochures...

there was no cadillac at the show and only one buick and one GMC....so sad, I love chevrolet, but it is sad...
len125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post
almost wept, went to philly auto show, and everyone went to toyota, dodge, jeep,subaru, hyuandi,etc...but in the chevy section there was no one milling around...one person was taking a picture of the corvette, but there was no interest in looking silverado's, colorado's, malibu's, camaro's, etc....the show girls were just standing around, no one wanted to talk or take any brochures...

there was no cadillac at the show and only one buick and one GMC....so sad, I love chevrolet, but it is sad...
Not much to get excited about at the GM booth. The Corvette is the only thing left for enthusiasts and it starts at $70k plus and takes a year to get one.

Not to mention they are abandoning all their products for EVs, which will take quite a while to get here.

I think Ford was smart to split the business between EV and ICE to better compete and direct resources based on demand.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #3
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Yeah, I'm just about over GM. After what I went through with my '21 Camaro, I'm still on the fence about getting another one. A Corvette is out of reach for me, and I have no interest in anything else they make (wife doesn't like giant SUVs and I certainly don't want one, don't need a pickup).
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #4
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Not much to get excited about at the GM booth. The Corvette is the only thing left for enthusiasts and it starts at $70k plus and takes a year to get one.

Not to mention they are abandoning all their products for EVs, which will take quite a while to get here.

I think Ford was smart to split the business between EV and ICE to better compete and direct resources based on demand.
I agree there is nothing to be excited about from GM anymore. I was a diehard GM loyalist, but I bought my last New GM in 2018. Their leadership and the direction they are taking the company has completely pushed me away. If I ever buy another GM it will be something mid-70's or older. I won't be touching anything new. Electric cars are boring and just don't do it for me.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Agree with what others are saying. Unless I was in the market for a C8, there just isn't anything else GM is making that peaks my interest or gets me excited.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:28 PM   #6
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Unfortunately, the masses are buying into the crossover craze, and Chevrolet isn't making any really competitive ones any more. There are so many better choices than the GM lineup. The Korean and Japanese carmakers are dominating the compact crossover market right now, with Ford keeping the pace with the "Bronco" lineup right now. The Maverick is cheap and selling like wildfire too. GM will probably need another bailout if they keep making subpar models in the next few years. Dodge is in the same boat, pretty mediocre lineup without it's flagship cars.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #7
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
Unfortunately, the masses are buying into the crossover craze, and Chevrolet isn't making any really competitive ones any more. There are so many better choices than the GM lineup. The Korean and Japanese carmakers are dominating the compact crossover market right now, with Ford keeping the pace with the "Bronco" lineup right now. The Maverick is cheap and selling like wildfire too. GM will probably need another bailout if they keep making subpar models in the next few years. Dodge is in the same boat, pretty mediocre lineup without it's flagship cars.
I was looking at the new '22 Acura MDX S-Type the other day. I liked it, was watching a couple YouTube videos... Then I saw the price $73k (with the advanced package... which you have to get if you want the heated stirring wheel... So a $68k auto doesn't come with a headed stirring wheel??)... You kidding me? $73k for a crossover.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #8
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I was looking at the new '22 Acura MDX S-Type the other day. I liked it, was watching a couple YouTube videos... Then I saw the price $73k... You kidding me??
If I replace my daily driver, it will be with a Genesis GV70, love that thing.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #9
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
If I replace my daily driver, it will be with a Genesis GV70, love that thing.
I was watching some YouTube videos on the GV80.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #10
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post

I agree it's sad, however, I can't see why Silverado/ Colorado would spark any more or less interest than F-150/Ranger
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:53 PM   #11
raptor5244

As GM seems to be exiting the enthusiasts space with the exception of the Corvette, which is really a brand of its own now, other manufacturers seem to have something to offer.

- Toyota has the Supra and revised GT86 now, the Supra is supposed to get a manual trans this year. Supposedly a Toyota hot hatch is coming as well.
- Nissan of course has the new Z, which appears to be a big hit already. Manual and 9 speed auto.
- Dodge of course has done well with the long run of the Charger and Challenger but at least they are attempting to entice the existing customer base with "E-muscle", whatever the heck that may be.
- Ford has the S650 Mustang in the works.
- Honda has nothing except tricked out Civics
- Subaru has the revised BRZ twin and the new and improved WRX with styling only a mother could love.
- Mazda has the trusty Miata

Anything out there worth a damn? Maybe the older cars will become worth more now?
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 03-08-2022, 02:01 PM   #12
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
As GM seems to be exiting the enthusiasts space with the exception of the Corvette, which is really a brand of its own now, other manufacturers seem to have something to offer.

- Toyota has the Supra and revised GT86 now, the Supra is supposed to get a manual trans this year. Supposedly a Toyota hot hatch is coming as well.
- Nissan of course has the new Z, which appears to be a big hit already. Manual and 9 speed auto.
- Dodge of course has done well with the long run of the Charger and Challenger but at least they are attempting to entice the existing customer base with "E-muscle", whatever the heck that may be.
- Ford has the S650 Mustang in the works.
- Honda has nothing except tricked out Civics
- Subaru has the revised BRZ twin and the new and improved WRX with styling only a mother could love.
- Mazda has the trusty Miata

Anything out there worth a damn? Maybe the older cars will become worth more now?
Japan coming back swinging like it was in the early 90s. Now if Mazda would get off their butts and bring back the Rx line along with Mitsubishi and their Evo and Eclipse line I'd be in heaven.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:02 PM   #13
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I just ordered an electric bike. Doesn't get any more basic for transportation, done buying new cars.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:11 PM   #14
raptor5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
I just ordered an electric bike. Doesn't get any more basic for transportation, done buying new cars.
Haha, I bought an e-bike last year when we were stuck at home all day just so I could get out and cruise around for an hour. Hits about 24mph and goes for about goes like 20-30 miles on a charge depending on whether you help with the pedaling or not.
2019 Tesla Model 3