Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
Silver Ice Man

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring limited edition
When I did my long tubes, the CEL came on immediately it turned out to be one of the sensor extension wires that were supplied was wired incorrectly.
I pulled it apart matched it to the other side and presto no CEL (Immediately).
it did come on eventually as expected, but after I uploaded my tune all good....
Hope this helps a little.
MODS: CIA cold air intake, Oil catch can, Dynatech LT Headers, Dynatech Power cats, Dynatech Cat back exhaust, Janetty racing tune, Vitesse throttle controller, Headlight and marker tint, more to follow....
Silver Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #16
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Ok I will check the code. Also, I sparked the dipstick tube trying to put it in the first try and someone said that could have caused something? We will see..
Old 04-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #17
Texas RattleSnake

Drives: 2013 Camaro ss/rs
My light came on immediately also. I did start it up with just the headers and no O2 sensors at first. ( obviously the light came on) but then I inatalled the exhaust and all the sensors started it up and the light was still on. I never did disconnect the battery during the installation maybe I should try that ?
Old 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #18
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Are we saying if I have a tune from Janetty racing that I dont need my rear O2 sensors plugged in? I dont want to get a CEL if I add headers
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #19
Powered1le

Drives: 2014 2ss 1le
No matter what you do you still gonna need to get it tuned.
2014 camaro 2ss/rs 1le [muffler & resonator delete, x-pipe , roto fab cai, 305 35 r20 rear tire 285 35 r20 front goodyear f1 supercar,1 7/8" tsp long tube headers with high flow cats, tsp Prc heads, K1 rods, Wisco pistons, 522whp 495tq dynojet.dyno btr stage3 cam, brain tooley racing dual springs kit, arp head studs and arp bolts,
Powered1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 AM   #20
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by race24x View Post
Are we saying if I have a tune from Janetty racing that I dont need my rear O2 sensors plugged in? I dont want to get a CEL if I add headers
There is absolutely no use for the rear 02 sensors at all once you install headers. The tune should turn off the reporting of the rear 02 sensors so that a CEL does not come on.

That said, are you saying you currently have a tune in your car from JR, and are wondering if a CEL will come on if you install headers, or are you planning to get a tune AFTER you install the headers?

If the former, then you may have a CEL pop on if the current tune didn't remove the rear 02 sensors. If the latter, then you should be fine once the tune is done.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:40 PM   #21
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
I have a tune that goes with my Kraftwerks supercharger I dont have headers yet, but I am looking into them. I am sure I will have to get it tuned again, but I dont have a CEL on now I just left the rear O2s alone as nothing said to remove or unplug them. When I checked with Ted he said just leave them as I would have to plug the holes anyway.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #22
MesaENGR412

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
I put long tubes and high flow cats on my car about a month ago. Ran it for a week with the rear o2 sensors inserted normally into the new high flow cat's rear 02 bungs and no CEL came on. I went back to the shop and installed spark plug defoulers on the rear 02 sensors to get the sensors further out of the exhaust and avoid a matching read out from the front 02 sensors. Hooked the car up to an OBD2 scanner and compared before and after installing the defoulers. You could visibly see the difference in the graph readout. It went from being essentially the same before and after the cats to extremely different readings (the matching readings for the front and rear 02 sensors is what throws the CEL). They worked great. I will be tuning the car this week with Dynosteve's email tune, so, the rear 02's will probably go away all together after that. But, for now, the Spark Plug Defoulers (Doorman Part No. 42008) have worked just fine to keep it from throwing any codes.Note: You do have to drill out the centers of the defoulers in order from the 02 sensor to fit inside them.

-AJH
MesaENGR412 is offline   Reply With Quote