Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-05-2023, 05:44 PM   #15
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I've noticed with larger intercooler piping and tune with bigger amount of psi compared to stock, the turbo does spool up a bit quicker and Temps have dropped a wee little bit. I wouldn't say I've increased alot more in horsepower, but my ETs have been consistent compared to stock where it moves .1 seconds in the 1/4 mile.
Old 06-30-2024, 01:52 PM   #16
buckwam

Drives: 2021 camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleedriazz View Post
I also daily my vehicle and therefore, a large turbo investment wont make sense to me. Thanks guys, I'll just go with a diverter valve to minimize the turbo lag and a downpipe to increase flow. That should do me just enough, from what you guys mentioned (and from my own research as well).
I saw some pre- and post-downpipe dyno and am satisfied with the outcome. Worth the little bit of extra power!
How is the diverter valve performing by now? Did it throw any CEL or other problems? Is this what you have?

https://www.phastekperformance.com/g...1-camaro-2-0t/
buckwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:00 AM   #17
Davescamaro

That's not what I have. It's the turbo smart kompact diverter valve. No CEL from it so far. You can use the gfb adapter if you want a little whoosh sound. I prefer the turbo smart one. It's clean and loud whoosh.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:59 AM   #18
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
That's not what I have. It's the turbo smart kompact diverter valve. No CEL from it so far. You can use the gfb adapter if you want a little whoosh sound. I prefer the turbo smart one. It's clean and loud whoosh.
What model do you have?

Dual Port / Vent To Atmosphere: TS-0223-1087

Plumback / Recirculating: TS-0223-1287

Also, are there any performance advantages to replacing the existing JacFab Recirculation Valve I'm currently running? Is the Turbosmart the exact same thing as the JacFab one, but just allowing a "woosh" noise? so, it's just a $300.00 woosh noise maker?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 07-01-2024 at 12:21 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #19
Davescamaro

I have the kompact dual port. It sounds clean.