BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #71
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
Yeah it’s gonna be a full build. Edelbrock heads and blower, GPI cam and forged bottom end. Kooks is making the first set of headers to fit the heads in a Camaro. There is a ZO6 out there with these heads as well. Honestly, I just wanted a thick deck head to help with the head gaskets but now I see guys pushing the stockers pretty hard with no issues. The exhaust flow is nice but really a completely stock head could easily provide the power I want. I would have been better off with stock heads, cheap headers, and a Crawford port injection to run a lot of ethanol. My car is an SS so I didn’t have a blower from the factory. I purchased a 2650 system but it’s overkill without shelling out a lot for a fuel system and equally so with my goals as well. It does give me room to grow though.
I'm talking to the zo6 guy maybe the same Ian is his name. He has a 2650 and the Edelbrock heads.. his lid sits lower than the zl1. Maybe this lid would require no cutting.

Not as big as a hump..
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-07-2019 at 06:11 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #72
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Lid difference on the inside vette vs zl1 and spacer pic..

1st 3 are vette's lid.. next zl1 and then spacer.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:05 PM   #73
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Hey bro. Seen your build up online now. Looks sick. We need to do a few pulls once I get mine back. My car finally is up at Matt's getting re-tuned. haha. We had to go through 4 transmissions. GM sent 3 that were dead on arrival. The 4th one was the one. So, Matt is having to re-tune from scratch.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #74
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

That sounds fun.. I'll get killed on the top end!

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-06-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #75
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Hey bro. Seen your build up online now. Looks sick. We need to do a few pulls once I get mine back. My car finally is up at Matt's getting re-tuned. haha. We had to go through 4 transmissions. GM sent 3 that were dead on arrival. The 4th one was the one. So, Matt is having to re-tune from scratch.
??? Was the DOA issues all the same...kinda creepy
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:37 PM   #76
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
??? Was the DOA issues all the same...kinda creepy

Yep, all the same issue. Well, according to the dealership. Who really knows. All I know is it was in for 4 months. I'm glad I am about a few days away from getting it back home. But, I had to be cool cus I got it under warranty so even tho I wanted to complain, Chevy hooked it up. They don't have A10's just laying around on shelves so. There's a wait time for any parts for the A10. So, nothing you can do. I had to wait......and wait some more...........and wait some more.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #77
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
That sounds fun.. I'll get killed on the top end!

Did you get any final numbers yet or is it still coming together? You can PM if you want if you don't want anyone knowing your numbers. Matt text me tonight just now............said he can't get the car to sit still. hahahahahaha. It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. My drag radials should be in tomorrow, so we gonna put them on and get it back on the dyno. These shitty Nitto's won't hold on the dyno. Keeps spinning.

Who cares what happens. I'm just itching to get back out. From what I see man, you are doing all the right supporting mods so I'd think you should be pushing close to 4 digits.

I'm keeping the Zl1 on full kill mode since I have the GT350 as my daily now. I'm going to run bellmouth with 116 at all times. I'm hoping now we finally get 1200 hp. I think I have one more day left of decent temps. But, I told Matt, just get me back to 1150ish and I'll be happy. Car is going up for sale anyways so, I'm going to have a little fun with it then pass it to someone else. I'm getting back into a GTR or going with the TrackHawk as my next project. I'm leaving the GT350 just FBO.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:35 AM   #78
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Did you get any final numbers yet or is it still coming together? You can PM if you want if you don't want anyone knowing your numbers. Matt text me tonight just now............said he can't get the car to sit still. hahahahahaha. It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. My drag radials should be in tomorrow, so we gonna put them on and get it back on the dyno. These shitty Nitto's won't hold on the dyno. Keeps spinning.

Who cares what happens. I'm just itching to get back out. From what I see man, you are doing all the right supporting mods so I'd think you should be pushing close to 4 digits.

I'm keeping the Zl1 on full kill mode since I have the GT350 as my daily now. I'm going to run bellmouth with 116 at all times. I'm hoping now we finally get 1200 hp. I think I have one more day left of decent temps. But, I told Matt, just get me back to 1150ish and I'll be happy. Car is going up for sale anyways so, I'm going to have a little fun with it then pass it to someone else. I'm getting back into a GTR or going with the TrackHawk as my next project. I'm leaving the GT350 just FBO.
Nada, zilch, nothing on my build still need to put the head studs in, torque heads down, install the blower back on, and the headers.. the tx2k guys are getting there builds done in front of me! I would love to have it back ASAP but, Vararam is still working on my intake anyhow I'm glad he's got the extra time.. he's also getting some lid spacer made from a few different materials as well.

Vararam has flowed my Big Gulp with a few plates and different percentages of water and compared the numbers to their unit. I think everyone is going to really surprised when they see the pulls on the dyno head to head..

Remember I had just the non tune version a little 4 incher on before and I picked up 30 something hp the way the data is looking there could be another 18hp in there!

If the lingenfelter testing is accurate and they are getting 850 on 93 and 930 e85... with the upgrades I've done to the snout, bigger 112mm tb, lid spacers and better intake.. 1000 would be sick! AND I haven't even messed with the port injection side yet so that number would be well in reach.. What's another 6k lol!

Old 03-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #79
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Nada, zilch, nothing on my build still need to put the head studs in, torque heads down, install the blower back on, and the headers.. the tx2k guys are getting there builds done in front of me! I would love to have it back ASAP but, Vararam is still working on my intake anyhow I'm glad he's got the extra time.. he's also getting some lid spacer made from a few different materials as well.

Vararam has flowed my Big Gulp with a few plates and different percentages of water and compared the numbers to their unit. I think everyone is going to really surprised when they see the pulls on the dyno head to head..

Remember I had just the non tune version a little 4 incher on before and I picked up 30 something hp the way the data is looking there could be another 18hp in there!

If the lingenfelter testing is accurate and they are getting 850 on 93 and 930 e85... with the upgrades I've done to the snout, bigger 112mm tb, lid spacers and better intake.. 1000 would be sick! AND I haven't even messed with the port injection side yet so that number would be well in reach.. What's another 6k lol!

Gotcha. Are you manual or auto? I forgot if you have a Zl1 or the 1LE. Well, hopefully you hit that 4 digit mark. With the weather now warming up, I think we missed our window on good air. Well, not really cus we should be coming into 70 degree, low humidity weather soon so. I wanted my pull done last night while it was still cold, but whatever. And yea, they got alot of 2k cars they trying to get done. Well congrats man. I haven't logged on in a long minute and I saw you went from zero to hero and was like, dayum, he's going all out now. haha
Old 03-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #80
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

After waiting what seemed liked forever on the heads to return put the TX2K cars ahead of me, then the Mile event finally the shop is back on my build would like to have some numbers by monday..

The 112 is quite a bit bigger than the 103mm..

As of Wednesday evening The heads, valley cover and Lingenfelter fuel setup is on..
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2019, 06:09 PM   #81
kttxz06

^ That is humonsterous. Insane man. Love the build.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #82
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thanks.. looks like firing up tonight!

Old 04-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #83
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

https://youtu.be/Y5ho7d_2hBo

It runs!

Looks like numbers some numbers tomorrow! Crossing fingers!

Old 04-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #84
kttxz06

Utube isn't working me. smh. fkn firefox. My car is back up Sorians. Meth leak. haha. I sold it so. Should be on it's way North next week. Gonna let Matt build my GTR.