#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #57
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Ok no funny business..let me try to simplify. From testing the modified stock box against the 4 inch intakes it performed just as well any day of the week on my zl1 that was modified with a lower. So we didnt throw all of them on again testing the 2650 just the stock modified box vs the vararam 4 inch, some others, and the Vr larger 5 inch.

Before the vararam test began we tuned it on the NW 103 and the GM cut box to the 666 something run. All we did was install the VR 4 inch non tune version it picked up close to 35 hp.. that's just installing the VR intake. We then tested the 5 inch with no filter which should of flowed the best no restrictions.. after a few pulls to adjust the tune it didnt make anymore power then the 4 inch. We had several intakes with with different horn angles, oval, round, several sizes..

I took a lot heat from Cold air induction because I installed his intake on my car that was all ready tuned on the factory modded box. To me if it made power it would of added power on what I had or required some tuning to take advantage of it.. it didn't. It proved that any power gains from that intake were all from a tune. My wife has an SS with a 2300 it runs the rotofab it was the same results although it was tested with the factory elbow vs the hard elbow that came out about 3 months ago.

I'm getting excited to and looking forward to the results hopefully some of the tests we do will help everyone with their builds. It's all about sharing here and getting the most reliable power you can.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #58
ShizzySupra

Drives: 16' Camaro 2SS
Gotcha so its still a low air demand setup at 660-ish whp. Crank it!

Also I would expect lower results with no filter: maf turbulance. Same thing that can happen if you take the fender wells out for increased “air” can cause additional turbulance.
ShizzySupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:03 AM   #59
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

David from Boost mode just about finished! He sent this pic last night! James from Boost works finishing up on the adapter for the 112MM TB as well. He sent a pic designing it..
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 02-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #60
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I got the lid spacer file ready to be cut! Hoping to be on the dyno Friday or Saturday.. I'll probably make a entirely different lid now.. similar to the NX or oem lt4..
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2019, 05:56 AM   #61
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Test fitting the Nick Williams 112mm TB to the Adapter. Heads finally back! Hopefully some numbers by the weekend!
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #62
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thanks to David at Boostmode Racing its all finished and looking spectacular! If you need porting on anything give him a shout!

Heads are looking great thanks to Livernois!
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #63
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Looks awesome!
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:04 PM   #64
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I give Boost mode a shout in an email asking for price to port my snout. Crickets. Just like my Edelbrock emails
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:07 AM   #65
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Wow.. sorry to hear that. I just message shops on social media it seems to be the norm now for millennials. Use messenger on FB I've never used email for Edelbrock I just call. Once I get to know a head of a department I'll use his direct email.

Who you trying to reach at Edelbrock?

Old 03-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #66
ramairroughneck

Nobody in particular. I used the email off of their website. Got a confirmation saying I would be contacted shortly but it never went any further. That was 6 weeks ago. I had some questions regarding the blower I bought from them. I give up and called the hotline. I also purchased some Victor Jr heads from them and it took a really long time to get them. I love their products but they are not the best to check emails or let you know the status of your order. It took a few months to get the heads but I must say I am very impressed. I really don’t understand why they are not everywhere pushing the heads publicly. They are a great design
Old 03-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #67
gonabite

Drives: 2016 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
Nobody in particular. I used the email off of their website. Got a confirmation saying I would be contacted shortly but it never went any further. That was 6 weeks ago. I had some questions regarding the blower I bought from them. I give up and called the hotline. I also purchased some Victor Jr heads from them and it took a really long time to get them. I love their products but they are not the best to check emails or let you know the status of your order. It took a few months to get the heads but I must say I am very impressed. I really don’t understand why they are not everywhere pushing the heads publicly. They are a great design
You got heads for your LT4 motor? If so what were the gains?
gonabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 AM   #68
ramairroughneck

Sorry no results yet
Old 03-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #69
gonabite

Drives: 2016 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
Sorry no results yet
You are probably going to be the first trying these in the "real world". Are you just replacing the heads or in combination with other mods?
gonabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #70
ramairroughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
You are probably going to be the first trying these in the "real world". Are you just replacing the heads or in combination with other mods?
Yeah it’s gonna be a full build. Edelbrock heads and blower, GPI cam and forged bottom end. Kooks is making the first set of headers to fit the heads in a Camaro. There is a ZO6 out there with these heads as well. Honestly, I just wanted a thick deck head to help with the head gaskets but now I see guys pushing the stockers pretty hard with no issues. The exhaust flow is nice but really a completely stock head could easily provide the power I want. I would have been better off with stock heads, cheap headers, and a Crawford port injection to run a lot of ethanol. My car is an SS so I didn’t have a blower from the factory. I purchased a 2650 system but it’s overkill without shelling out a lot for a fuel system and equally so with my goals as well. It does give me room to grow though.